Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

What are people using to record the audio in mixemergency

Marine 9:10 PM - 20 August, 2014
I purchased a new MacBook Pro and just now see that it only has audio output my 2011 MacBook Pro had built in and out. I have a pioneer djm 900 srt and it shows up in mixemergency but no audio. Any recommendations on a good solution would be great, thanks
DJ DisGrace 9:35 PM - 20 August, 2014
Quote:
I purchased a new MacBook Pro and just now see that it only has audio output my 2011 MacBook Pro had built in and out. I have a pioneer djm 900 srt and it shows up in mixemergency but no audio. Any recommendations on a good solution would be great, thanks

My understanding is that it's a mic/audio combo jack. You need the right cable, an 1/8th inch jack with 4 terminals.
lvmez 2:15 AM - 21 August, 2014
I ordered this: www.memoryexpress.com, another sera to member recommended. Didn't work for me.

serato.com
Nick 8:17 AM - 21 August, 2014
I'm not familiar with the channel arrangement of this mixer, but when you select it as the recording device in MixEmergency (before you begin recording), what channels are listed (in the pop-up menus that are set to 1 & 2 by default)? Often, on similar devices, the last 2 channels listed are the returned Mix (e.g. channels 9 & 10, or 11 & 12, etc).
Marine 9:57 AM - 21 August, 2014
The channels that are listed are 1 through 8. I tried all the available channels wasn't able to get a signal
Nick 11:53 AM - 21 August, 2014
I believe that you'll first need to open up the DJM-900SRT Setting Utility, and set up one of the Deck channels to "MIX(REC OUT)".
Marine 4:02 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
I believe that you'll first need to open up the DJM-900SRT Setting Utility, and set up one of the Deck channels to "MIX(REC OUT)".

Thanks for the advice Nick it worked
Nick 7:09 PM - 21 August, 2014
Cool - no problem :) it's good to know that works
DJ DisGrace 10:38 PM - 21 August, 2014
I was way off haha
dj new 8:20 PM - 21 May, 2015
I HAVE A PIONEER DDJ SZ AND I AM USING SERATO DJ WITH MIX EMERGENCY AND I HEAR TO AUDIO WHEN I RECORD MY VIDEO MIX....WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.....I SELECTED THE HARDWARE IN THE SYPHON PREFERENCE ...PLEASE HELP
popnwave 2:01 AM - 22 May, 2015
You hear, or do not hear?
Frozone 11:09 PM - 24 May, 2015
Audio for the SZ is channel 9 and 10.
DJ Tecniq 3:05 PM - 25 May, 2015
I have the same laptop but currently don't use mix emergency I use screenflow or syphon recorder and there is no way to record the audio with my SL3 so I ended up ordering a Behringer UCA 222 audio interface which has worked beautifully cost only $30πŸ‘πŸ»
www.dropbox.com
nik39 10:56 AM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
I have the same laptop but currently don't use mix emergency I use screenflow or syphon recorder and there is no way to record the audio with my SL3 so I ended up ordering a Behringer UCA 222 audio interface which has worked beautifully cost only $30πŸ‘πŸ»
www.dropbox.com

Are you using SSL or SDJ?
DJ Tecniq 7:13 PM - 29 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
www.dropbox.com

Are you using SSL or SDJ?
i use both with this deviceπŸ‘πŸ» screenflow and syphon find it as an external audio source for recording
DJ Tecniq 7:20 PM - 29 May, 2015
Let me clarify. Syphon does not work with Scratchlive so I use Screenflow which also has the ability to do pip recording. As for SDJ I can use either one for recording. There's other audio interfaces you can use but I chose the Behringer for the price it gets the job done
nik39 8:29 PM - 29 May, 2015
If you use SDJ I think you should be able to record from the AUX channel from a different app while SDJ is running. I think the CA drivers are multi-host capable.
DJ Tecniq 5:50 PM - 30 May, 2015
Quote:
If you use SDJ I think you should be able to record from the AUX channel from a different app while SDJ is running. I think the CA drivers are multi-host capable.
but then I would have to sync audio with video In an editing program right? The major issue I had with the sl3 with screenflow and syphon was it would record fine if only in internal mode but with relative, abs it would record the tone signal through playback. The only solution was to use the built in video recording which sucked by the way or a seperate interface.
dj new 4:14 AM - 2 June, 2015
Hi everyone. Thanks for all of your suggestions or recommendations. My issue with mix emergency was resolved when I selected channels 9 and 10 instead of the default channels 1 and 2. I was not getting any audio but I now have excellent audio and video. I love mix emergency and still learning more about its features.
lvmez 10:45 AM - 2 June, 2015
How did you switch to channel 9 & 10?
skinnyguy 3:40 AM - 3 June, 2015
that's okay, new. you're excused. =P
Frozone 7:16 PM - 3 June, 2015
You switch the audio channels in the Pioneer DDJSZ App ( Control Panel ) - on a mac its in applications - pioneer dj - ..... It will show all the routing options for the SZ!
lvmez 7:25 PM - 3 June, 2015
Thanks