DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

technics Vs stanton str8 150's

Manny0729 6:38 PM - 20 August, 2014
Just played my first club gig and like most clubs they had a pair of technics. I have 2 Stanton str8 150s in my setup at home and man I could really feel the difference between both. I know there's a huge torque difference but seriously these technics felt like sh**. Could it have been that these technics were just old and abused??? Point is they were no fun!
Joee 7:03 PM - 20 August, 2014
Quote:
but seriously these technics felt like sh**

awwww man you gonna piss some people off with that!

was that your first time on technics 12"
Manny0729 11:01 PM - 20 August, 2014
Actually second time. But first time was about 2 years ago for about 15 min so I cant really say I know what they feel like... I can only say that the ones at the club felt so lame... im sure they're great turntables, just takes getting used too. I dunno like I said maybe the ones at the club were just used and abused. Or maybe its the torque. Either way, big difference haha
dj jamalot 11:21 PM - 20 August, 2014
Consider you were using 20+ year old Technology that still is the industry standard your Super OEM's only exist because their patent on the technology expired... yeah most of us learned on 1200's and i felt the same the first time i touched a pair of St8 150's they have a lot of torque too much for this old school dj lol i'll keep my 1210's they fine.
Jumbo Boogie 12:19 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Just played my first club gig and like most clubs they had a pair of technics. I have 2 Stanton str8 150s in my setup at home and man I could really feel the difference between both. I know there's a huge torque difference but seriously these technics felt like sh**. Could it have been that these technics were just old and abused??? Point is they were no fun!

Didn't like the feel or felt broken?
DJ Nightmare Productions 4:19 PM - 21 August, 2014
i feel the same way about technics.. lol They be bringing me down when i have to use them lol
dj jamalot 4:23 PM - 21 August, 2014
Get used to them because you will encounter more Technics than Stanton's unless you stay in your bedroom...
AIRX ONE 5:24 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Get used to them because you will encounter more Technics than Stanton's unless you stay in your bedroom…

Truth ..
eugguy 7:38 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
but seriously these technics felt like sh**

awwww man you gonna piss some people off with that!

was that your first time on technics 12"

hahaha, i laughed at this.
Manny0729 9:11 PM - 21 August, 2014
Quote:

Didn't like the feel or felt broken?

Im gonna go ahead and say I didn't like the feel.

Quote:
Get used to them because you will encounter more Technics than Stanton's unless you stay in your bedroom...

True!
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:32 AM - 22 August, 2014
I guess if you were not so heavy handed it might feel different.
eugguy 7:32 PM - 22 August, 2014
Quote:
I guess if you were not so heavy handed it might feel different.

Aint that the trufh...haha.
DJ GOOK 7:37 PM - 22 August, 2014
Hold up! Now if you had the Reloops at home then you can say that the Techs was no fun, but you are talking about to STANDARD direct drive turntables with the same functions. You would get the same feeling if I am right. If you can have fun on the statons you can have fun on the techs.
eugguy 7:44 PM - 22 August, 2014
You can have fun on whatever you want! Didn't your mommy ever tell you so! Reloops look fun as hell, but it don't make them standard. Enjoy whatever you are mixing on, no one really cares what you are but other dj's, haha.