Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

DDJ-SR "Failed to connect to audio!"

TONE: E 8:55 PM - 18 August, 2014
I know this has been visited, but I'm out of options - have any more suggestions?

I have circulated through 10s of forums trying to find a resolution to this
problem. (DDJ-SR "Failed to connect to audio!" when Serato DJ is started)

So far, I have tried (without resolution):
- Updating Serato DJ to 1.6.3
- Updated DDJ-SR firmware to 1.07
- Updated my USB drivers
- Tried connecting to every USB location, including 3.0
- My connected USB devices are the included Dell keyboard and mouse (KB522
& MS111-L, respectively)
- I disconnected both keyboard and mouse individually & combined, no success
- Tried re-ordering the power on sequence of software & hardware & on-off
switch of DDJ-SR
- In Device Manager, my internal sound card is the default on both Playback
& Recording.
- Restarting the hardware, software, and my computer a bazillion times.

Specs:
- Dell Optiplex 9020
- Intel i5-4570S 2.9Ghz
- 8GB RAM
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit

Please help with any further solutions, thank you thank you!
jamie82 12:42 PM - 1 May, 2015
With all the issues and problems i have seen with the DDJ SR i just noticed that it might be the worst built controller pioneer has made. I bought mine in feb. 2014 now its is may 1st 2015 and I'm waiting for my 3rd unit in a yr. first one had issues within 4 months. The second controller arrived the second week of december and died by the beginning of febuary. Now waiting on the 3rd controller. All hardware was up to date, serato was also up to date. Load a track controller freezes, push one fx button and all fx buttons including slip mode lights up, intermittent noise occurs when using fx and stays, Load a track and starts playing in reverse, making serato crash, put hands above the platters not touching it and start and stop controller. I advise anyone with the DDJ SR to get rid of it ASAP before you waste a year of time and unmaid money along with 3 units in a year like i did.
Raymond09 12:35 PM - 25 January, 2016
anyone can help me fix my problem it says (FAILED TO CONNECT AUDIO!)
I dont know what happen I already updated my firmware update, I already change my audio settings, and I already change a new USB cable wire but does`t work.

Im using a mac os x El Capitan Macbook pro late 2011.

anyone could help me fix this issue.. thank you so much.
Raymond09 12:37 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
I dont know what happen I already updated my firmware update, I already press the Play botton and the shift botton in at the same time while turning on my DDJ-SR Controller, I already change my audio settings, and I already change a new USB cable wire but does`t work.

Raymond09 12:39 PM - 25 January, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I dont know what happen I already updated my firmware update, I already press the Play botton and the shift botton in at the same time while turning on my DDJ-SR Controller, I already change my audio settings, and I already change a new USB cable wire but its still does`t work and it still says FAILED TO CONNECT AUDIO.