Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

rane 62 and 2 numark V7's

DjHI 9:19 PM - 15 August, 2014
Hi guys just want to know why I cant run my awsome new toy the rane 62 as a midi mixer for samples and fxs while setup as analoge with 2 v7 am I missing sumthing or are u guys? Or is there anyway to make this work? Ultimatly run the rane soundcards and use v7's but i know thats a long shot!! im video dj and been my job for 10 years used alot of diffrent gear over the years and now want to combine them! ur sound feel over all software is better then what ive been force to use in the past couple of years so I thort id come back! But cant work out how to setup multi soundcard multiple midi am I missing sumthing or is this holding back what would be a killer vdj setup with ultimate control! Pls help I really love my moving platters and just sold my 12" pls answer no ones answered me proply cheer djhi
DjHI 1:36 PM - 16 September, 2014
Got it all working fuckin stoked! And staying with serato! How good is the 62 now its not just an analog mixer ;)
FighteRanger 5:17 PM - 16 September, 2014
im curious, does the fx works the way its suppose to? Post-fader and everything?
DjHI 5:21 PM - 17 September, 2014
yer mate! im yet to find sumthing off but its all go ive tested fx's samples's using the selectors load and file buttons all loops rolls all work so at the moment im pretty much got same midi on both the v7 and the 62 (as they do) ive only mapped a few things on the 62 for video use but once I get used to using the 62 for loops and cues and everything ill have pretty much every button on the v7s free :) to map so stoked! and I just score a numark orbit today to wireless midi control my dmx lighting software! :)
DJ Barticus 3:07 PM - 28 September, 2014
are you able to have both V7s and the Rane 62 plugged into the same computer? I thought serato had trouble with mutiple serato DJ soundcards plugged in?
DjHI 3:40 PM - 28 September, 2014
They do! But I sum how fixed it! I tryed so much different shit im not trying to work out what actual did it I have tryed to duplicate same setup I can get it to work but im missing sumthing as its no were near as stable as the laptop! But yes there all plugged into one laptop check the youtube vid I made to show! Next thing I want to do is try get rid of original locked mapping for the v7s so I can really uterlize this setup!
DjHI 3:44 PM - 28 September, 2014
Here is the podding! youtu.be
DJ Barticus 9:52 PM - 28 September, 2014
if that is stable, that sounds like a perfect setup for me...i also don't wanna buy CDJs

A V7II with 8 drum pads, serato flip, and no sound card would be even better.
DJ Barticus 9:52 PM - 28 September, 2014
anyone get this setup working under OSX?
DjHI 3:39 AM - 13 February, 2015
deejdave 4:22 AM - 14 February, 2015
Is there any benefit to using the 62 with the V7's that you would not already have by using the same two V7's with a cheap mixer and a cheap midi controller?
DjHI 5:13 AM - 14 February, 2015
Is there any benefit of using a rane 62 over a midi controller and cheap mixer usualy?
deejdave 6:56 AM - 14 February, 2015
Absolutely. With the interface built in it becomes a very useful tool especially with offering DVS or HID players. I was also curious to the sound as in if it was coming out of the V7's and if so how it compared to the sound coming out of the 62. The rane 62 having the built in interface becomes useless (maybe not the best word but kind of is) if you can just use the V7's interfaces, no?

The real differences between using the cheaper mixer and generic midi controller would be much cheaper and it would be supported by Serato as in if anything goes wrong.

Again I MUST stress as I know how this all sounds that I am not trying to ruin anything for you.

I have seen individuals use two wego's at the same time as well as someone using an NS7II with the two V7's at the same time. All unsupported as yours is but they actually gained active control of all four channels so it becomes a four channel with two native devices or four channel with three native devices situation. If I am not mistaken your setup would be a two channel with three native devices setup if you see where I am going with this.

In the end it is all about preference anyways but keep in mind you never know how long it will last. Shortly after bringing it up on these forums the scenarios I described (wego'sx2 or ns7II/v7) earlier were quickly squashed. The Wego for sure the NS7 guy not sure as he stopped posting.

Either way good stuff maybe post your setup as I can pretty much guarantee this will not work (stable) on all laptops etc.

Again though nice work all around. Hopefully you can get your wish and custom map the V7's. Maybe for now you can use the page option and map the 62?

Anyways if you could also I am still curious IF there is sound coming from the V7's and if so how does it compare to the 62 and lastly are the dual USB's still useful with your setup? Thanks again.
DjHI 7:29 AM - 14 February, 2015
Ur on to it bro u are the missing link I've taking photos of drivers and everything I can remember playing with! My goal way to have all working except the cards on the v7s and have it run the the rane card witch my setup now does but this was the hardest part as the v7 were always over riding the rane but yer I got it! It know way ur saying as I can get them working on other laptops now but I'm missing sumthing and it isn't as stable (no way I would gig it) I've gigged this set a far bit and its been perfect! But if my comp crashes im scared I won't be able to work out what I'm missing to make it stable
DJTorchmusic 7:06 AM - 15 June, 2016
Quote:
Ur on to it bro u are the missing link I've taking photos of drivers and everything I can remember playing with! My goal way to have all working except the cards on the v7s and have it run the the rane card witch my setup now does but this was the hardest part as the v7 were always over riding the rane but yer I got it! It know way ur saying as I can get them working on other laptops now but I'm missing sumthing and it isn't as stable (no way I would gig it) I've gigged this set a far bit and its been perfect! But if my comp crashes im scared I won't be able to work out what I'm missing to make it stable

I know it's been a while but I just purchased a similar setup. I saw your video but I wanted to know if you could go through this step by step? Here is my setup and my situation.

Rane 64 w latest firmware
2 V7s
Macbook Pro 2014
USB A connection
All channel switches are connected to USB A

Problem: No sound from USB 1 and 2 though I can get traktor to play through the Rane sound card.

Q1: What setting did you use in the Rane driver. Mine are set to CD/Phono but I'm not sure if that's what I should use since "post" is the only other option.

Q2. Did you get sound instantly when you connected your Rane 62 to serato DJ? If not what did you do to get sound?
DjHI 8:42 PM - 2 August, 2016
hi guys sorry im not more help i have since changed up my setup and i have wiped my laptop clean so i cant reverse diagnose it for ya! but i did have a quick look at it before i did the reinstall and what i can say is that i sum how edited the drivers for the v7's so that the sound cards in them were disabled (i tryed to get them to work even with out the 62 plugged in but i had deffinitly disabled the soundcards on the v7's i did take a bunch of photo screenshots of my drivers screens and setup screens as a guide for myself if i ever had to try do it again if ur super keen on the photos i can probs dig them up and link them to ya's sorry im not more help also i was running windows 7 if that helps
DJTorchmusic 6:12 AM - 7 November, 2016
Quote:
hi guys sorry im not more help i have since changed up my setup and i have wiped my laptop clean so i cant reverse diagnose it for ya! but i did have a quick look at it before i did the reinstall and what i can say is that i sum how edited the drivers for the v7's so that the sound cards in them were disabled (i tryed to get them to work even with out the 62 plugged in but i had deffinitly disabled the soundcards on the v7's i did take a bunch of photo screenshots of my drivers screens and setup screens as a guide for myself if i ever had to try do it again if ur super keen on the photos i can probs dig them up and link them to ya's sorry im not more help also i was running windows 7 if that helps

Just getting back to this. Thanks for the offer. I run a mac anyways.
DEMAC 3:59 AM - 30 July, 2019
Omg can serato please fix this problem!! it keep crashing with my 62 and v7s ..i have 2.63 i7 with 8gigs of ram can they please update this driver, dont want to buy 12s i love my n7s feel
djkee 10:37 AM - 30 July, 2019
When I was using Akai AMX and V7, the trick was the start up order of USB devices.

Try this. Start Serato with all the USBs plugged in but the mixer and decks powered off. After your music collection loads, then flip the power on the mixer. Wait for Serato to recognize the mixer and when it is ready, you will see the display of 2 decks on screen. This means that Serato sees the mixer and is is using it for the sound card. Now you can power up a v7 and it should recognize.

When I tried having AMX controller/mixer and the v7 all plugged in together and turned on, it would crash every time. But the first USB device to be connected will recognize as the main sound card and then the secondary devices can be turned on.
DEMAC 3:45 AM - 31 July, 2019
I did that, i will work sometimes, but it will freeze most of the time, its needs a updated
DEMAC 3:46 AM - 31 July, 2019
Its freeze in your set, and you definitely can't record a set
DEMAC 4:22 AM - 5 August, 2019
Any update?? Help
chris310 6:42 AM - 25 September, 2019
have you been able to fix the issue with your Rate 62 & N7's? i been experiencing the same issue i have the same setup.. i found that using the N7's one N7 sound card works better than running a usb form the mixer and one from the N7. but once in a while freezes.

Definitely need an update..
chris310 6:44 AM - 25 September, 2019
rane 62
DEMAC 10:24 AM - 25 September, 2019
Ya.. v7s right? I gave up on it, and sold the 62, and brought the 72, and still freezing up! Im bou to stay with my ns7iii smh