Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

serato video record

El Diablo Dj 11:03 AM - 15 August, 2014
Hi Guys,
i have a DDJ SX with Serato 1.6.3 ,i can not record my video mix more than 21 seconds. Can anyone help me? I am using a Macbook pro 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000
OS X 10.9.4

Regards
DjayRage 8:09 AM - 17 August, 2014
You're going to have nothing but problems using the Intel Graphics video card. You need a PC with a dedicated video card.
Code:E 12:09 AM - 20 August, 2014
Ignore this guy^

Well partially, He right the Intel4000 cards (or any intel card) wont work. they dont have the power you require.. Buying a PC is a craps shoot. but with worse odds. So sure buy a PC with a dedicated video card and then another and then another until you find one that works until you do a windows or driver update and everything gets all fucked and your back to square one again.

Or you could buy a Mac (must be 15") with a dedicated video card (of which apple only offers one currently store.apple.com) and it will work 1st try and every try for years to come.

If you want to save a buck or 2 but have to replace the computer sooner you can get a refeb from the last couple of years. Again only 15" macs have dedicated video card and dont bother getting one with less than 8 GB of ram. Also to note ll Retina Macs are NOT upgradeable, so find the most expensive one you can afford and the the model above that one, eat kraft dinner for a month and be much happier in the long run knowing you bought the best machine possible todo the job you want it to do.
El Diablo Dj 7:50 PM - 20 August, 2014
Hi Code:E
Thanks You ,ur text is really helpful
djnak 7:58 PM - 20 August, 2014
Quote:
You need a PC with a dedicated video card.

did you really just tell him to go from a Mac to a Pc for video Dj'ing...with Serato...WTF?....

Please take Code:E advise lol...You could probably still sell your current MBP and get a decent return to put towards a new MBP with a dedicated video card....

Quote:
I am using a Macbook pro 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000
OS X 10.9.4
DjayRage 8:24 AM - 24 August, 2014
Code E by PC I mean Personal Computer, not Windows necessarily. Mac laptops are PC's, but yeah some people do think of Windows ONLY when they think of the term PC.
Code:E 12:41 AM - 25 August, 2014
Quote:
Code E by PC I mean Personal Computer, not Windows necessarily. Mac laptops are PC's, but yeah some people do think of Windows ONLY when they think of the term PC.

No, no no, so much no. The common definition of PC is Windows based computer.