Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Smart Sync on CDJs... as they work like controllers, right?

Mr Wilks 1:46 PM - 12 August, 2014
I know there is no Smart Sync in DVS mode (ABS/REL) but internal mode should really have it as I use CDJ 2000s/900s/850s at work and can't sync my samples to the decks as it uses Smart Sync and wanted to use it at an upcoming gig. I can't roll back too as it's only for controllers which sucks as I'm pretty sure a CDJ works like a controller when in internal mode. It needs to ignore the soundcard status in this case as internal mode wouldn't affect it's use. I left the UK without my controller and need to sync samples. I could do it with The Bridge but the extra goodies has moved me towards SDJ now as I use them more.

There needs to be a bit of code that tells Smart Sync to be activated if in INTERNAL mode, regardless of soundcard used. I never use DVS now as it's all HID mode on the players I use so why not give me Smart Sync for my samples?

I have no syncing on my sample decks because of this and really wanted it for an upcoming gig soon :(
&Midge 2:19 PM - 13 August, 2014
For me, Smart Sync is a must for DVS.

Lets face it beat matching isn't rocket science and anyone with enough practice cant do it.

I would like to use Smart Sync to increase the tempo of both tracks whilst in the mix during the build up, before the break. Smart Sync would allow this. And Sync of Sample Decks would be handy too.....

.....(I guess Rane might not like Sample Deck Sync)
Mr Wilks 2:22 PM - 13 August, 2014
Yeah, it seems silly. Traktor has it for DVS if I remember correctly?

Moving the tempo slider while keeping the decks locked for transitions is great. Such a shame we can't.
&Midge 2:33 PM - 13 August, 2014
I'm sure it does too.

The option to take an 8 beat loop (for example) from a track and then use instant double to drop it into the sample deck would great if you could keep it locked to the master tempo.

Then add 'Flip' and we could be really creative.
&Midge 2:53 PM - 13 August, 2014
Maybe full Smart Sync for DVS will be an option in the DVS expansion pack, i hope so and I would happily pay for it too.
steven wynen 6:32 PM - 21 August, 2014
smart sync on dvs = +1
Mr Wilks 10:07 PM - 21 August, 2014
I had a reply from support regarding this and said there will be something at some point in the future.

Looks like lots of +1's are in order to get it bumped.
beisi 9:05 PM - 30 October, 2014
+100000
joab 11:25 PM - 2 November, 2014
+1
L.Mattos 5:39 PM - 12 November, 2014
+1