Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Rane SL 4 changeover video

12:00 AM, 9 Sep 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Foday stanley 5:31 PM - 10 September, 2014
Can i use this with Pairs Of NUMARK V7 AND NS7 II ?

Regards
Asu 2:16 PM - 11 September, 2014
Quote:
Can i use this with Pairs Of NUMARK V7 AND NS7 II ?

Regards

nope
Jensen Määäm 10:24 PM - 12 September, 2014
You should have talked about the changeover, when DJ A is running SSL and DJ B is running SDJ, both on the same SL4.
Joe Fresh 6:53 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
You should have talked about the changeover, when DJ A is running SSL and DJ B is running SDJ, both on the same SL4.

That isn't possible. Both DJs need to be using the same software.
Jensen Määäm 9:58 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

That isn't possible. Both DJs need to be using the same software.

Hmm, this was answered differently from a employee of Serato before, on the forums.
This person said, it is possible.
vdjkiwi 10:44 PM - 16 September, 2014

I've tried doin that, i am using serato dj with sl4 then the next dj is using ssl on the changeover using the same sl4 and there is no problem with it.
Quote:
Joe Fresh 5:43 PM - 17 September, 2014
Something may have changed in SDJ 1.7 that allows you to do this now, but in 1.6.3, when the first DJ used SDJ and the second used SSL, the decks didn't show up in SSL to switch to. Good news if it works now.
nik39 10:15 PM - 25 September, 2014
Cluster fuck... Can anyone confirm that a changeover between a sdj and scratch live works with a sl4?
ninjagaijin 4:20 AM - 8 October, 2014
worked for me last month
Bassili 10:06 PM - 7 February, 2017
My Rane sl4 used to switch automatically to thru when I remove the USB cable. Yesterday i switched to thru from serato dj, and played a flash usb from the pioneer cd player. when I removed the USB cable, it deactivated the thru (the light went off) and the music stopped. How can I bring back the old option: when i remove the cable, to switch aautomatically to thru?