Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

When will we see a new update of SDJ?

W!LDKiD 5:22 PM - 31 July, 2014
Will 1.7 be released soon
pdidy 5:25 PM - 31 July, 2014
Is there something you need in particular ?
W!LDKiD 5:29 PM - 31 July, 2014
Just to no im runing on 1.5.2 with my DDJ-SX cause 1.6.2 does not run stable for me
pdidy 5:30 PM - 31 July, 2014
oh ok i see.
W!LDKiD 5:32 PM - 31 July, 2014
And i heard they where doing large library and perfomence fixes ?
pdidy 5:34 PM - 31 July, 2014
Oh, to answer your question nobody knows because serato does not share that info.
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:59 PM - 31 July, 2014
The numark nv is stated for a fall release so at the very latest sometime in fall is when the next update.

serato said there will be a public beta shortly and the next full release will have the changes from the large library beta included, other then that its the usual tight lipped response
DJ Compiler 7:45 PM - 31 July, 2014
www.djcity.com
Hopefully we'll here something at this event
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:38 AM - 2 August, 2014
Look out for more info next week :)
Chinshue 7:24 PM - 2 August, 2014
could you give us a little teaser what is to come in the new release of sdj?
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:41 PM - 2 August, 2014
new feature called serato flip
Chinshue 9:56 PM - 2 August, 2014
i wonder what that feature is all about. i hope they include roll out fast and slow efx in the next release.
djdomination 10:36 PM - 2 August, 2014
we want the midi map panel like in scratch live lol & i miss seeing the master gain volume level bar on the top ..also hope it would be compatible wif os x yosemite wen apple release it to the public in fall
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:32 AM - 3 August, 2014
Quote:

could you give us a little teaser what is to come in the new release of sdj?

That's what, "look out for more info next week" means :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:32 AM - 3 August, 2014
MIDI panel will be available along with much more.
Chinshue 2:36 AM - 3 August, 2014
what about rollout fast and slow efx. would it applied to sdj?
popnwave 2:39 AM - 3 August, 2014
Oh dang Sam S droppin' the teases. Now I'll be waiting for an email with the announcement!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:39 AM - 3 August, 2014
You'll have to wait and see the full news next week to hear what's coming up.
Chinshue 2:43 AM - 3 August, 2014
and what about broadcasting. would there newer controllers to be released beside the numark nv? i have been holding on to my money to see what new exciting controller there is to offer. i am looking forward in seeing controllers with displays and even a usb slot on it..
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:43 AM - 3 August, 2014
See my message above :)
Chinshue 2:45 AM - 3 August, 2014
i hope it's worth the wait. i am anxious to see what's on the forefront for serato.
Chinshue 2:48 AM - 3 August, 2014
i am also holding my breath to see what pioneer has to offer.
DJ Compiler 2:49 AM - 3 August, 2014
Serato has to have some ace up its sleeve. Can't wait to see what's said at djcity
Chinshue 2:56 AM - 3 August, 2014
things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.lol. could it be a newer controller besides the numark nv. i love the idea of display on the controller, but i am not going to spend my money on the nv which does have a pro-ish look. but so far serato looks like it's about release a major update and they are really tight lipped about it. maybe something to rival traktor remix decks or more new effects. we all have to wait and see.
938MyDJ 9:01 AM - 3 August, 2014
Three important features alone that will work properly would make a lot users happy:
1. MIDI Panel - Already mentioned to be available
2. Large Library Fix -
3. Pitch N Time Fix -
Everything else I can consider as bonus :)
thorissr 1:58 PM - 3 August, 2014
Quote:
Three important features alone that will work properly would make a lot users happy:
1. MIDI Panel - Already mentioned to be available
2. Large Library Fix -
3. Pitch N Time Fix -
Everything else I can consider as bonus :)

I agree but I must add:

4. DVS Stability for TT/CDJ Users (Latency/Dropout issues)
5. 64 bit Support!!!!!!!!!! (Would definitely fix #2)
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:12 PM - 3 August, 2014
There is currently a way to let serato use more ram as if it was a 64 bit program and people still have issues so 64 bit is not the definitive solution its serato programming that needs addressing,

I honestly think the most talented developer left years ago and formed inklen the developer of mix emergency, video SL didn't get updated for years when he left and SSL peaked between 2.0 to 2.3, I think the real talent left serato during this period
thorissr 2:18 PM - 3 August, 2014
Quote:
There is currently a way to let serato use more ram as if it was a 64 bit program and people still have issues so 64 bit is not the definitive solution its serato programming that needs addressing,

I honestly think the most talented developer left years ago and formed inklen the developer of mix emergency, video SL didn't get updated for years when he left and SSL peaked between 2.0 to 2.3, I think the real talent left serato during this period

Hmmm.....interesting indeed. I wasn't aware of this.
The Return of Dj Sparky 2:19 PM - 3 August, 2014
Also while were speculating I wouldn't be surprised if rane were going to throw their hat into the controller arena, didn't they say that if they made a controller it would be expensive as in ddj-sz expensive

So with the popularity of the sz and sx I think there going to wet beak soon
Dokumentary 7:25 AM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Also while were speculating I wouldn't be surprised if rane were going to throw their hat into the controller arena, didn't they say that if they made a controller it would be expensive as in ddj-sz expensive

So with the popularity of the sz and sx I think there going to wet beak soon

I can't believe Rane hasn't made a controller yet. They said they never will but, there's tons of DVS users that would love to use a controller yet still retain DVS abilities.

As it is now, this can only really be done in SSL. The DDJ-SZ controller has this functionality with SDJ but, it's way too big to use as a mixer between two turntables.

I'm currently using a VCI-380 with Technics and SL4 in SSL.

Even if Rane were to make a controller that is built like a mixer and has features similar to DDJ-SX or VCI-380/400 (pads, loop, slip, flip, sync, FX, etc), everything except the jogwheels, I'd be willing to pay for it. I wouldn't care if Pioneer made that mixer.

Someone needs to.

I made a mock-up of what it would look like about a year ago. Looking at it again, it still seems viable. Though, I'd probably want to see Flip Record button added. pbs.twimg.com
Ragman 12:12 PM - 4 August, 2014
Rane tends to stick with equipment that has a longer shelf life.
blackavenger 1:07 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Even if Rane were to make a controller that is built like a mixer and has features similar to DDJ-SX or VCI-380/400 (pads, loop, slip, flip, sync, FX, etc), everything except the jogwheels, I'd be willing to pay for it. I wouldn't care if Pioneer made that mixer.

Someone needs to.

I made a mock-up of what it would look like about a year ago. Looking at it again, it still seems viable. Though, I'd probably want to see Flip Record button added. pbs.twimg.com

That mockup is EXACTLY what needs to happen. I would be all over something like that.
Ragman 1:49 PM - 4 August, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Someone needs to.

That mockup is EXACTLY what needs to happen. I would be all over something like that.

Now that makes logical sense to me. Keep the decks as 'dummy terminal' as possible and centralize the core features into the mixer. That I can see Rane undertaking (or Pio).