Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Green or Blue screen.......

the SOUNDINSURGENT 2:47 AM - 31 July, 2014
Is there anyway I can have a Green or Blue screen setup with Serato?? You know like how the weather man does it on tv.

There is a plugin which has this ability with VDJ so I wanted to see if anyone has done it or is there a way I can do that with Serato??

I know it's kinda gimmicky but for theme parties I think I it could go over good.

Say at like a Halloween party you have the "Monster Mash" video playing or just some spooky background running, people might have fun with it. Who doesn't wanna be on tv , lmao!! I know my kids love messin with it when I'm at home and set it up.

So anybody got any ideas or even thoughts?? Thanks for the time.......
DJ.WAZZA.AU 4:48 AM - 31 July, 2014
Serato dj Syphon into AVmixer pro...with AVmixer you can chroma key
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:44 PM - 31 July, 2014
Hmm so really no way without using another app, well AVMixer is pretty cheap so I'll check it out.

Thanks for the info!!
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 5:47 AM - 4 August, 2014
Hey the SOUNDINSURGENT,

There is a Chroma Key Green lighting effect in the Serato Video effects.

Give that a try, if necessary the green value can be tweaked slightly.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:30 PM - 4 August, 2014
Yeah I saw that last night when I was messing around, gonna give it try today and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the info!!

One more thing while I have you here, can we get data points from our cue points so we could possibly use that for a qtz file to trigger our lighting scenes please???
Culprit 6:29 AM - 8 August, 2014
Serato, Moderator
AnthonyS 4:30 AM - 13 August, 2014
Hey the SOUNDINSURGENT,

Quote:
One more thing while I have you here, can we get data points from our cue points so we could possibly use that for a qtz file to trigger our lighting scenes please???

Currently these data points aren't available in Serato Video your best bet would be using kSSV_SeratoDataSongPositioninBars but this isn't as flexible for creating scenes in the way you want.

I'll let you know if I have any further details.