DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What size is your Macbook Pro? ... is 13" still the standard?

L'Phonik 11:17 PM - 30 July, 2014
it's time to upgrade my macbook..... what size is everyone using these days.. thinking of upgrading to 15" ..... thoughts?
DJ Baby Boy 11:23 PM - 30 July, 2014
If you're doing strictly audio a 13" should be fine however if you ever planning on doing video you want to go with a 15" with a dedicated video card ... Because of this I'm using a 15" I also like having the extra screen size
DJ Remix Detroit 11:25 PM - 30 July, 2014
2011 was the last year for the 17". So right now, if u want the lastest and greatest you only have 11", 13" and 15" to choose from.

If you are spinning videos, the extra screen real estate of the 15 & 17" really help out.
L'Phonik 11:52 PM - 30 July, 2014
i don't use video at all but the idea of having a little extra screen space in a 15" sounds verrrrrrrrrrrrry appealing especially for preparing tracks and organising tracks at home. i also like with my macbook off to the side so it doesn't impair my vision of whats happening in the room.

Quote:
Because of this I'm using a 15" I also like having the extra screen size

baby do you find a big difference compared to the 13?
DJ Baby Boy 1:51 AM - 31 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Because of this I'm using a 15" I also like having the extra screen size

baby boy *Fixed do you find a big difference compared to the 13?

Yes there is a big difference I also started with a 13" Pro and now that I have my 15" I cannot go back to the smallers size as the way I have everything set up on the 15" it simply will not fit and I cannot see as much especially within itunes and serato when labeling and organizing "crates"
DJ ZAE 2:05 AM - 31 July, 2014
I has 13" and it runs awesome with audio. I don't do videos but I tried the demo and ran it for a couple of hours and it worked good.
DJ Baby Boy 2:09 AM - 31 July, 2014
DJ Zae a 13" will run video yes however if you want to run HD videos or apply any effects you will encounter some issues with dropouts and quality output
DJ ZAE 2:46 AM - 31 July, 2014
Your right. I use 720 because 1080 take way to much space and all my other dj friends that I trade with use 720 also. I'm looking to upgrade to the 15" so I won't have any problems
HighTopFade 5:22 AM - 31 July, 2014
Got a 2012 13", but wish I got the last of the 15" non-Retina. It would have been nice to have the separate audio port, a couple more cores, and screen real estate. At the time, it would have been another $1000.
DJ Baby Boy 5:33 AM - 31 July, 2014
Quote:
Got a 2012 13", but wish I got the last of the 15" non-Retina. It would have been nice to have the separate audio port, a couple more cores, and screen real estate. At the time, it would have been another $1000.

One thing you could always do and I suggest this to a lot of people is to check out the apple refurbs it can usually save you a couple hundred and you can still get full applecare support with them
DJ Remix Detroit 1:20 PM - 31 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

One thing you could always do and I suggest this to a lot of people is to check out the apple refurbs it can usually save you a couple hundred and you can still get full applecare support with them

Yup. Refurb is the way to go. You get the full apple warranty also.
L'Phonik 1:29 AM - 1 August, 2014
Quote:

sounds like the one to go for - apple just trying to eliminate people doing their own upgrades with this new fixed one piece retina display. fck that!!