DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Can I use pioneer mixer djm 2000 nexus + rmx 1000 with serato

DJ-123 4:16 PM - 27 July, 2014
Hi,
I am new to DJing and have limited budge, coming to the point I want to buy mixer pioneer DJM 2000 Nexus and RMX 1000 and want to ask you guys if I can use these with serato software because I have not sufficient funds to buy the cdjs at the moment and will but them in future.
Can someone please let me know if it is possible or not, if possible than what is the procedure or this.
Bes regards,
Nick
Davideon 7:44 PM - 27 July, 2014
No. You would need an sl box for one thing, and something to control the decks. Why would you buy an effects unit over decks?
DJ DisGrace 7:48 PM - 27 July, 2014
Seems like you are new at this. Why do you feel the need to buy a Nexus DJM 2000? Get a DDJ-SX and take it from there...
DJ-123 8:29 PM - 27 July, 2014
Hi,
First of all thank you very much for both of you BBD and DJ DisGrace for taking time out and replying my question and helping me with this issue. I am buying the effect controller only to have more effects not on place of decks, I love CDJ 2000 Nexus buy don’t have enough funds but if my work kicks off well I will definitely go for the CDJs but for now want something which can get the things in my list get up n running.
In reply to BBD, I have searched for an SL box. Can you please let me know little bit more about this, how to setup these 3 (computer, mixer, rmx).
In reply to DJ DisGrace, I have seen the demo of DJM 2000 Nexus and CDJs 2000 Nexus and love it. I will have the decks in future and for now want to start up business with what I have in my pocket. If I buy the DDJ-SX now it will be of no use in future.
Best regards,
Nick
DJ Jonasty 12:14 AM - 28 July, 2014
I had a djm 2000 - sold it. I have an RMX 1000 - never use it. If you are new at this go easy on effects and work on the basics. If you are set on Pioneer mixer, go with the 900.
Davideon 6:23 AM - 28 July, 2014
You can't use the software without decks. So if you do what you're planning you won't be able to do anything. The software has loads of effects anyway.
geeunot 7:42 PM - 28 July, 2014
The DJM 2000 already has effects. The RMX 1000 is the last thing you need. Get an DJM 800 and sl2 box and some cdj 850s and you're good to go....
DJ-123 6:44 PM - 18 August, 2014
Thanks you all for sparing time and putting your opinion in it which was a great help. I have managed to get the funds and ordered DJM 2000 Nexus with a Pair of CDJ 2000 Nexus now waiting for the delivery :)
Cham 9:46 PM - 18 August, 2014
Holy crap, you went all in didn't you? Are you setting up your own mobile business or are you looking for work in clubs and bars?
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:13 PM - 18 August, 2014
you should have gotten a pioneer ddj-sx mk2 or a ddj-sz
not what you want to hear but i think you made a mistake but they should keep theirvalue reasonably well for at least a year or two

you know you'll still need a serato certifed sound card to use serato right,
and i'm not sure if the dvs add on will apply to the djm2000nexus
dj_soo 12:47 AM - 19 August, 2014
Quote:
You can't use the software without decks. So if you do what you're planning you won't be able to do anything. The software has loads of effects anyway.

actually, you can. You can run the decks in internal mode and either controll with keyboard/mouse or map the pitch sliders and bends to a 3rd party controller (like a apc-40 or something).

You still need an external mixer, but it's possible to mix without using platters in serato.

But yea, OP is ballin getting a DDJ 2000 and CDJ 2000nxs as his first kit.
Code:E 2:05 AM - 22 August, 2014
Quote:
you know you'll still need a serato certifed sound card to use serato right,
and i'm not sure if the dvs add on will apply to the djm2000nexus

It wont, you will need a SL box. I would Get an SL4

Quote:
Are you setting up your own mobile business or are you looking for work in clubs and bars?

I would hope your not doing mobiles, thats way overkill. If you a club DJ, or want to be you bought some good gear, its close to the gear you will find in a club setting. But the DJM2000 will almost never been seen in a club, more commonly the DJM900 is what clubs have installed, because most artist are requesting DJM900's.
DJCOOP83 2:37 AM - 26 July, 2015
Hey Bro buying sx or sz for example is a good buy for the future to say buying the pioneer ddj sx is not.
Is bit stupid no offence of course.
Pioneer cdj nxs djm nxs range is amazing but you do know you get the same functionality with sx or sz just by using different software in fact you get more function with the pads you don't have that with the with cdjs.
I have use the cdj 2000 but very happy with my ddj sz which great.
I know so many people thinking buying the nxs gear make them a great dj which is not true they ending up selling them.
Wish you all the best.
Go and try the sx or sz you see why
Dj coop
Laz219 2:31 AM - 28 July, 2015
Brought back year old thread, no idea what it actually says.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:12 PM - 28 July, 2015
he must have bought a sz or sx and doesn't like to see anyone talk bad about it
DJCOOP83 3:15 PM - 2 August, 2015
Quote:
he must have bought a sz or sx and doesn't like to see anyone talk bad about it

Lol yeah I have brought the sz n but do own pioneer cdj 2000 nxs but I was trying to point out controllers are just as good the cdjs now terms of mixing theses days.
People shouldn't feel they have to buy 2000nxs not look at other great products which is out there.