Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ files missing?

startupdj 6:38 PM - 25 July, 2014
Hey guys, I am trying to help someone out here. He had some 3k mp3's on his Mac and created the crate files, cue points, loop points e.t.c then all of a sudden chaos with some of his files disappearing, he doesn't know where or how to find them since he did not physically move them from their folder, any ideas on how he can recover those missing files please? I know SSL had a "recover lost files" option but what can he do in Serato DJ please?
Davideon 7:33 PM - 25 July, 2014
Use the same option
startupdj 7:38 PM - 25 July, 2014
Guy said that didn't work because you would need the name of each specific files for that to work? I am thinking there would be a way to simply search for all "mp3" files?
Davideon 6:37 AM - 26 July, 2014
Page 34 of the manual
startupdj 11:54 AM - 26 July, 2014
Thanks, will relay the message, tell me this please guys, is there a master file which holds all of the crate, bpm, cue points e.t.c info which you can copy and save somewhere to reinstate after a crash? If yes, can you tell me the name of that file and it's location please?
Davideon 12:05 PM - 26 July, 2014
The cue points and bpm are saved to the track files. The crate info is saved in the Serato folder
Davideon 12:07 PM - 26 July, 2014
Page 33
startupdj 12:08 PM - 26 July, 2014
Thanks!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:23 AM - 28 July, 2014
Thanks BBD!

startupdj, if you still need assistance I would recommend getting in touch with support directly. They will be able to help you out.

Follow this link and open up a help request: serato.com

Sam