DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Echo out on DDJ SZ

Certified Quality Entertainment 3:09 PM - 24 July, 2014
OK, this is for the folks who own the SZ.
I've only played with one for a few minutes so didn't have time to test it out, but I see a lot of posts about the echo out not being post fader. I use the Echo out on my SX via Serato DJ. Most of the time what I do is turn the echo on all the way, drop the line fader and get a fading tail echo as I bring the next song in on the other channel. Is this not possible on the SZ? Like I said, just heard about the pre-post fader comments, but not sure if there is a way around that being that there are on board hard effects along with the Serato DJ effects and didn't have time to really test this out when playing with one.

Can any user post a video of this, or is it possible do on the SZ what I do on the SX?
I do use the Echo out often enough where I would love to have it function the same way if I decide to buy an SZ.
Nicholy 2:49 PM - 25 August, 2014
The built in serato effects are not post fader on the SZ. You can use the built in mixer echo post vertical fader as describe. It is still not post cross fader.
dj vato 4:24 AM - 1 July, 2015
Quote:
OK, this is for the folks who own the SZ.
I've only played with one for a few minutes so didn't have time to test it out, but I see a lot of posts about the echo out not being post fader. I use the Echo out on my SX via Serato DJ. Most of the time what I do is turn the echo on all the way, drop the line fader and get a fading tail echo as I bring the next song in on the other channel. Is this not possible on the SZ? Like I said, just heard about the pre-post fader comments, but not sure if there is a way around that being that there are on board hard effects along with the Serato DJ effects and didn't have time to really test this out when playing with one.

Can any user post a video of this, or is it possible do on the SZ what I do on the SX?
I do use the Echo out often enough where I would love to have it function the same way if I decide to buy an SZ.
dj_soo 9:52 AM - 1 July, 2015
it won't function the same way.

you either have to use the Echo Out effect which automatically cuts the volume or you have to use the hardware echo effect which is only post-fade for the upfaders and not the crossfader, and doesn't give you options to adjust the depth/feedback and locks out the other hardware knob effects on the controller (like the filter).