Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

simple sync double time?

mrBallistic 5:22 AM - 22 July, 2014
this is an edge case, so take it as you will...

i was playing a house track the other day that sampled 'shook ones pt2' throughout it, so i thought it'd be fun to scratch in some samples from the actual song.

the original song is about 92 bpm, and the house track is 128. stupidly, i had my turntables set to 45 already, so i couldn't just rock it faster. +16 (the max on the m5g) only brought me to about 105 or so, so that didn't work. so, i hit 'sync' and hoped for the best.

sync seems to make a decision and see which is closer -- faster or slower. indeed, it knocked the acapella down to ~64 bpm, rather than speed it up to 128.

anyway. is there a hot key i'm missing to nudge it back up to 128? essentially, something like cmd+up or something like we have on analyzed tracks.

the real solution for me would be to set serato back to 33 mode and then just kick it to 45rpm when i want to do stupid stuff like the above. but, some more control over sync would be ace, too.

or i can just move to cd-js with +/-50% :)
Deejae Smooth 9:23 PM - 22 July, 2014
I've bitched at Serato about this before in a support ticket.

Here's part of the answer I got back in an email:
"Currently, when you hit that SYNC button, the software syncs the second track in reference to its original bpm. There are some scenarios where this is useful, and some where it would be preferable to have it sync in reference to its current bpm. (Currently, Serato DJ creates two marks for your 130 bpm track, 130 and 65. When you try to sync another track, it looks at the closest mark to 95 bpm, 35 vs. 30 and matches that.)"

My ticket was in reference to forcing a 95 BPM hip hop track up to 130 to match with the house track I was playing at the time so I could transition down to hip hop. The software chose to slow the 95 BPM track down to 65 and I couldn't do what I wanted.

My final comment back to them was to have the software do what I tell it to do. ;) If I'm at 130 and I load up a 50 bpm track, force that 50 up to 130 regardless of what it sounds like because I would have a reason for loading the track.
mrBallistic 3:47 AM - 4 August, 2014
yeah. i just broke down and ran my 1200s at 33 to get around it... works fine.

that said, i have an -sx now too, and i don't have the above method on that system. so, i'm kinda stuck if i want to throw a hip hop acapella over the top of a house track (which is really what i bought pitch-in-time for anyway).
mrBallistic 3:49 AM - 4 August, 2014
...actually, the sx goes up to +50, so i guess i can just do it by and and skip sync outright. it would be nice, though, if sync looked at the current bpm and made a decision based on that. that is, if i take a track and bounce it to +30, then hit sync, don't then bounce it to -32 and halftime it. which is what i think deejae smooth was saying.
Deejae Smooth 12:50 AM - 5 August, 2014
correct; that halftiming it crap doesn't work. it needs to do what we tell it. ;)

If you wanna play house at 130+ and drop in a 85bpm hip hop acapella, then the software should crank that 85 up to 130. :)