Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Pitch change like this

M.adaM 2:28 PM - 20 July, 2014
Hi,

I would like to get this feature on other controllers as well (like the NS7 II)

Watchwww.youtube.com

The user can keep the range on the commonly used +-8%, while can have way more control.

I would be also pay for it if that is necessary.

I hope others would like to use it also.
SBDJ 4:36 PM - 20 July, 2014
It's certainly possible on some other controllers - the Delete button on the V7's perform the same function.
dizzyrocks2001 5:09 PM - 20 July, 2014
This is possible on the NS7 II.
M.adaM 5:46 PM - 20 July, 2014
I asked it through the Serato support and they told me it is not possible.
It is a dedicated thing for the DDJ-SX, but I should ask it here, and if many users want it they will do it.

Are you shure it is possible on the NS7 II?
I ordered one of it, and waiting to get it, hopefully soon.
dizzyrocks2001 5:47 PM - 20 July, 2014
Quote:
I asked it through the Serato support and they told me it is not possible.
It is a dedicated thing for the DDJ-SX, but I should ask it here, and if many users want it they will do it.

Are you shure it is possible on the NS7 II?
I ordered one of it, and waiting to get it, hopefully soon.

I'll test and get back to you shortly.
dizzyrocks2001 6:10 PM - 20 July, 2014
Ok, so it's sort of possible on the NS7 II but only when you clone a song onto the opposite deck. What I mean by that is holding the shift button and moving the pitch slider on the first deck does nothing, but when you clone the song to the other deck you can press the shift button and increase or decrease the pitch range (even after you've loaded a different track to the other deck). My guess is it's only possible on the cloned deck so that you would have a way to reset the pitch fader to match the bpm if the pitch fader wasn't at the correct position. So what you're asking for can be done in a workaround sort of way by cloning the song to the other deck.
M.adaM 6:54 PM - 20 July, 2014
THX,

What I want is to keep the +-8% range only for my entire mix.
I'm an old fellow from the vinyl ages. I only used 1200's before, so I got "addicted" to the +-8% range.
In that I know how to adjust the tempo of a song if it's not right.
Any other range needs my extra attention to do the job perfectly.
In my preety fast mixin'-cuttin' style there is no time to f*** around and no energy to wast for any extra attention.

All I want is my good old +-8% and if I run ot of that than I push and hold the shift button, change to the opposit side and continue my adjustment!

PLEASE Serato unlock this feature for every controller.
For the old vinyl users like me.
Thanks in advance.
dizzyrocks2001 7:11 PM - 20 July, 2014
So what you're saying is you want to be able to increase your pitch past +-8% sometimes but still stay within the sensitivity that the +-8% pitch setting offers? i.e. you don't want to have to change to the +-16% range to get to say +10%? If that's what you're saying then I totally get your feature request - you don't want to have to clone the deck to be able to do this. If that's the case then I give it a +1. It seems like it would be an easy feature to add in seeing as the groundwork has already been laid in the code, now it's just a matter of allowing it to be done on the original deck and not just the cloned deck.
M.adaM 7:17 PM - 20 July, 2014
Yes,
That is what I want.
DJ Compiler 12:56 AM - 21 July, 2014
It works when you have the deck in a synced mode. That's why doubling the song causes it to work since that automatically syncs the second song. At least this is the case on my TM4 which does the same thing.
M.adaM 1:20 AM - 21 July, 2014
It would be greatif its working all the time. Regardless of any kind of sync mode or any other.
This can't be hard to do in the code.
M.adaM 9:16 AM - 25 August, 2014
Will this simple option availabe on the v1.7?
Agent 156 9:55 PM - 3 September, 2014
+1 this is a great idea, and please make the shift button midi mappable
M.adaM 5:34 AM - 21 October, 2014
Wonder, how this feature did not got +1000 already?