Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato dj lisence

dimitrisgf 12:06 PM - 14 July, 2014
Hello,

I have a pionner ddj sr and an sl2 soundcard! I have a serious problem with ddj sr and no cd for timecodes.
So my pioneer will go to service for 10 days!
I have a friend who will loan me a numark n4 so can you give me a lisence for 10 days to operate serato dj that im using now??

After 10 days my key will expire and i will play with ddj sr
dimitrisgf 5:39 PM - 29 July, 2014
anyone?
Papa Midnight 7:31 PM - 29 July, 2014
If you have an SL2, you shouldn't need an additional license. The SL2 is supported natively by Serato DJ.

Control CD Download: serato.com
SL2 Quickstart guide (PDF): serato.com
dimitrisgf 11:47 PM - 29 July, 2014
Yes but in some places they dont have cdjs.. And i have to use the controller.. And numark need license
Dj MacMillz 11:50 PM - 29 July, 2014
Download the 14 day trial.... It's the full program.... For yep you guessed it... 14 days
dimitrisgf 8:55 AM - 31 July, 2014
ok thanks!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:37 AM - 2 August, 2014
Hey there, the Pioneer DDJ-SR is also supported plug-and-play as it's a Serato DJ Ready device. It requires NO license.

The ONLY controllers that require a license to use Serato DJ, are Serato DJ Intro supported controllers.

Sam.
dimitrisgf 5:00 PM - 2 August, 2014
yes samuel i know but my sr has a problem.. they will change the main board but the service in greece sucks and its not verify the status of pioneer as a company. I have it almost a month at service center and they dont do anything.. Im making a living out of djing and i work 6-7 days a week!!!! I pay my rent and they dont respect that!!! A friend of mine lend me a numark n4 but comes with serato dj intro! I cant play with n2 and intro... no cue points and several other issues... so in order not to pay 129 dollars for lisence as i paid 500 euros for sl2 and 580 euros for ddj sr I asked for a limited license for serato dj as my trial days are over!
it's not my fault that i have a faulty controller that pioneer wont replace and service but service is taking too long! I thought pioneer is for professionals that make a living out of djing but unfortunately this in not the case here.. and now i see that serato can't give me a limited period license... ok fair enough...