DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Best "Whoomp! There It Is" Hype Remix?

Kidd Kumar 10:34 AM - 11 July, 2014
I heard this sick remix on the radio, tried looking for it everywhere, and i know it's not a personal edit. It's basically the original beat of whoomp there it is, with like a major partybreak in the beginning of the same song, plus vocals from a bit of other songs which i could not remember on the top of my head (i know confusing)

It sounds like a "Funkymix" but they never did one for "Tag Team - whoomp! there it is." I searched major websites - crooklyn clan, beatfreakz, crack4djs, ultimix; and the closest i found to the HYPE remix that sounded similar to the one i heard was the XMIX version of whoomp!

Any DJs came across something like this that i can purchase? or something equivalent?
Mighty Dragon Sounds 12:56 PM - 11 July, 2014
You find something similar on Soundcloud or Youtube?

Thats where I go to find some hard to find songs.
Kidd Kumar 10:11 AM - 14 July, 2014
nope i looked everywhere lol, been looking for almost a week ... its driving me crazy!
Dj Rehab 12:38 PM - 14 July, 2014
check the Risk One edit.............has the Hands Up, Thumbs Down Loop in it
dj jamalot 3:37 PM - 14 July, 2014
it's probably the old school mix it has snips of other songs in it when he says takin it back to the old school...
Kidd Kumar 1:48 AM - 15 July, 2014
DJ rehab - I checked that one as well! it's definetely not that one, it has scratching in it, and does have snippets in it i believe .. heard it over a week ago. it sounds SUPER CLOSE to the X-mix which i already have, but it's definetely not it - its 10 times better haha.

DJ Jamalot - Is the name of the track called " Whoomp! (there it is) oldschool mix? I don't think i've seen it but i'll check it out
dj jamalot 1:50 AM - 15 July, 2014
Yeah it was on the 12inch I got it somewhere in my storage... I need to add it it the best mix I think.
dj jamalot 1:52 AM - 15 July, 2014
Maybe a personal edit combining a couple different?
Kidd Kumar 2:07 AM - 15 July, 2014
on i12inch you mean? I'll go search their library. And nah it's not a personal edit - this guy on the radio usually plays Crooklyn clan, ultimix, funkymix, X-mix Etc. 90% of what he plays i usually have in my library, i thought i had that must i guess not.

the record pool you got it from though, was it i12inch?
Kidd Kumar 3:43 AM - 15 July, 2014
oh wait i read that wrong, you said 12INCH haha, yeah i don't think this dude has a set of 12inch records that he rips to his laptop... i'm pretty sure its on a record pool somewhere though
Kidd Kumar 7:33 AM - 17 July, 2014
so ... looks like i found it lol. It's a remix that was made by the ultimix group back in 2004. It no longer exists anywhere on the internet, according to them you have to find a CD on ebay. It was part of their "looking back series"... Looking Back 13 was the CD name.

People are selling the CD for like $40USD ... i think i should cop it ..
dj jamalot 1:48 PM - 17 July, 2014
wow i have the looking back series in my storage
Taipanic 1:50 PM - 17 July, 2014
I was thinking it was an Ultimix remix, though I was thinking more from one of their medleys.
If you really want it go for it. Those CDs were $35-40 when new anyways.
dj jamalot 3:19 PM - 17 July, 2014
how much is it worth to ya...
instagram.com
dj jamalot 3:25 PM - 17 July, 2014
That is a pretty good mix, It's been so long i used to buy every collection that came out and this was one of them i also have the platinum series, Knock out hits collection, Wicked mix, Ultimix, I Can Mix LoL...
Kidd Kumar 8:59 PM - 17 July, 2014
That's way better than the XMIX and almost every other HYPE mix they ever made ... DJ jamalot is yours ALAC, FLAC, 320kbps?
SpaceKat 6:32 PM - 19 December, 2014
Hi! I have this song in MP3 format and came across this discussion looking for the ACTUAL names of the songs used in the mix!!!

PLEASE PLEASE tell me THIS is the one you are looking for Kidd Kumar...

My search led me to find it on You Tube...

Five Mixed songs (I think), Mix starts at 2:32..and ends at 3:24.

Watchwww.youtube.com

So far, I think I they Use:
1-
2-
3-Monifah, Touch it (mixed with something else)
4-
5-Dazz Band, Let it Whip

I hope this is the one, and maybe someone can fill in the blanks for me!
Peace!
Taipanic 3:12 AM - 20 December, 2014
Play At Your Own Risk
Jam On It
White Horse
Numbers
Let It Whip
Kidd Kumar 3:11 AM - 21 December, 2014
Quote:
Hi! I have this song in MP3 format and came across this discussion looking for the ACTUAL names of the songs used in the mix!!!

PLEASE PLEASE tell me THIS is the one you are looking for Kidd Kumar...

My search led me to find it on You Tube...

Five Mixed songs (I think), Mix starts at 2:32..and ends at 3:24.

Watchwww.youtube.com

So far, I think I they Use:
1-
2-
3-Monifah, Touch it (mixed with something else)
4-
5-Dazz Band, Let it Whip

I hope this is the one, and maybe someone can fill in the blanks for me!
Peace!

We found it already, it was the "Whoomp - There It Is" Ultimix, from the classic "Looking Back" Series. I got in contact with the DJ's that made that and they gave it to me for free. Also, "DJ Niros" Who also commented earlier was nice enough to private message me the track as well! Generous people on these forums i tell ya! :)
dj jamalot 4:25 AM - 21 December, 2014
Now we just need a video edit to it...
Kidd Kumar 8:12 AM - 19 January, 2015
Quote:

Agreed. Not sure how Ultimix would react to someone else using their Mix in a completely different way though. It would make one funky video!
DJMark 9:25 AM - 19 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed. Not sure how Ultimix would react to someone else using their Mix in a completely different way though. It would make one funky video!

VJ-Pro does a lot of "official" edits for Ultimix videos, so that seems like a decent possibility....
Kidd Kumar 9:36 AM - 19 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

VJ-Pro does a lot of "official" edits for Ultimix videos, so that seems like a decent possibility....

That's true, Vj-Pro does have alot of ultimix content and Funkymix, however it's usually the top 40/EDM stuff. I'd love to the see the old stuff on there but VJ-pro works more on the new stuff because that's the demand from today's market.

If Xtendamix however would do it... the DJ game would change for sure.
DJMark 10:20 AM - 19 January, 2015
VJ-Pro has done some older Ultimix remixes (Marky Mark "Good Vibrations" and Cameo "Word Up" and Cypress Hill "Insane In The Brain" are three that immediately come to mind), so I wouldn't count them out. Anyway I asked them, we'll see what happens if anything.
Niro 8:55 AM - 20 January, 2015
I'm sure that Dj Niros dude probably already has a video edit of it.
Kidd Kumar 10:36 AM - 20 January, 2015
Hey Niro good to see you man! Thanks again for the track. Have you already made your own personal video edit? I'd love to see it!
Frankie Glasses 8:55 PM - 20 January, 2015
(raises hand) Me too!
DJMark 8:57 PM - 20 January, 2015
Mee Three!
Mr. Goodkat 11:01 PM - 20 January, 2015
the best version is the one you dont play. ever. anywhere.. and just play kano instead.
Djc Jimenez 10:02 AM - 27 February, 2015
What about this one?

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJMark 10:43 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
VJ-Pro has done some older Ultimix remixes (Marky Mark "Good Vibrations" and Cameo "Word Up" and Cypress Hill "Insane In The Brain" are three that immediately come to mind), so I wouldn't count them out. Anyway I asked them, we'll see what happens if anything.

And they posted it a week or two ago.
Kidd Kumar 11:34 AM - 27 February, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

And they posted it a week or two ago.

unbelievable! DJMark You are awesome. It seems like the vocals are more brought out in this video, it sounds different compared to the audio version. How did you request it on VJ-pro? They don't have a request section like xtendamix does... i'm assuming you know people that work there?
DJ Tecniq 12:29 PM - 10 June, 2015
The best version of that song is originally by 95 South....they murdered Tag Team's version and Tag Team copied them. I know my miami bass history cause I live in FL and that's the only one you should play ; ) Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 12:48 PM - 10 June, 2015
You can also purchase it here. It's okay but doesn't even come close to 95 South's version who aren't 1 hit wonders like Tag Team are...Their producer CC Lemonhead was a beast with Miami Bass.
www.ultimix.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:09 AM - 15 June, 2015
Quote:
I know my miami bass history cause I live in FL and that's the only one you should play ; ) Watchwww.youtube.com

Sounds too "Down South" for us Northerners - we need the Kano - I'm Ready sample - that tune was HUGE here in Detroit (and Chicago) plus the Planet Rock beats and that BASS!!!

Quote:
It's okay but doesn't even come close to 95 South's version who aren't 1 hit wonders like Tag Team are...Their producer CC Lemonhead was a beast with Miami Bass.
www.ultimix.com

I wonder if Ultimix/Funkymix will EVER consider selling their tracks individually as digital downloads??

Seem like they could make a grip if DJs could buy their favorites from back in the day without having to buy a whole CD and pay shipping and THEN have to rip and convert it.

Ooops I see they sell the series as digital - $25 - I've been looking for that version of Cybotron - Clear and probably would buy it for $3-5 but can't see spending $25 for all the other garbage.