DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane 62 crossfader broke

The Real Johnny Quest 6:46 PM - 5 July, 2014
I was working last night and my crossfader just broke off in the middle of the night. Had to end up using the vertical faders for the rest of the night. Has anyone else had this issue? Its under warranty, but does me little good for the next few weeks in which I have a number of gigs. Really annoyed, and have no back up setup.
Niro 7:33 PM - 5 July, 2014
Open up the mixer and see what broke, contact the guys at Rane and they will work with you.
The Real Johnny Quest 9:14 PM - 5 July, 2014
Thanks. The plastic piece that connects the post of the cross fader to the track broke.
dj shadow from detroit 9:23 AM - 6 July, 2014
Yes had this happen also. They changed the carrier on the 61 - 62 faders to a more durable material.
The Real Johnny Quest 9:55 PM - 6 July, 2014
Word, good to know. I really don't feel like I was being particularly heavy handed or anything when it broke.
Dillpete 2:09 PM - 22 January, 2015
Another Discussion but also the same problems

serato.com
BBN 12:52 AM - 25 January, 2015
Sliders on my Sixty-Two used to break about every three months and as soon as those white plastic pieces fall out on the side the faders become completely useless :(

I used super glue to glue the white plastic on the side into the holes. and also wrapped some textile tape around this area of the Rane fader sliders last time I got some new sliders.
Now I'm using them for about 6 months and I hope they'll last forever now.
BBN 12:55 AM - 25 January, 2015
I think you'll get the idea what I did in this picture on my Instagram.
photos-d.ak.instagram.com
dj shadow from detroit 1:20 AM - 25 January, 2015
These faders are designed bad . In my opinion. 3 different versions from the first released 61 and 62. This picture you posted is obviously the third one which is made better than the other two. They went the cheap route instead of keeping the same carrier on the 56 - 57 mixers. The carriers where made a lot better. I have take my fader apart on the 61 and 62 once a month to clean them and this is coming from someone who takes care of there mixers. I have always felt the 57 fader felt better.
BBN 4:21 PM - 25 January, 2015
Yes, the first ones have been black, then they told me that they switched to clear, because of a known problem with the black ones, but I also broke 12 of the clear ones.
Allways clean my stuff, never push to hard, same as I'm doing for the last 20 years, but the carriers keep breaking if I don't customize/pimp them myself :(
dj shadow from detroit 9:29 PM - 25 January, 2015
I agree. They need the older 56 carriers back Asap
Dj Escante 9:12 AM - 26 January, 2015
:/
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 8:29 PM - 14 August, 2015
really , nothing is better than the first carriers faders ttm 56 with springs, much more resistant than the current , I do not know because they were changing something that was already perfect
dj shadow from detroit 11:01 PM - 14 August, 2015
They changed because they couldnt get the older ones to calibrate to the 61 - 62 - 64 mixers. I agree the 56 - 57 was built better.
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 11:23 PM - 14 August, 2015
you are wrong , because the only part that was updated was a carrier , I've used carriers springs in the new 62
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 11:26 PM - 14 August, 2015
the rane might rather have back the old carriers , which for me is a much stronger material, just do not understand why this exchange , the former was able to take the spring leaves them completely loose faders out, what was great
dj shadow from detroit 8:49 PM - 19 August, 2015
the carrier has a different type of magnetic sensor.
dj shadow from detroit 8:51 PM - 19 August, 2015
the older ones had a harder time calibrating with the newer mixers. trust me on this i went through 3 different fader designs on my 61 and 62 which where first generation releases.
dj shadow from detroit 8:53 PM - 19 August, 2015
the original 56 57 faders where made better with stronger material. the new harder clear carriers which are current are made well. Its been over a year without any issues for me.
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 8:11 PM - 1 September, 2015
you are wrong, because the sensor on the card and not in the carrier, have used the new mixers with the old and works perfectly
BBN 1:09 PM - 9 September, 2015
Had about 12 broken clear carriers too. Same weak quality like the black ones :(

My fix is to glue the white plastic ends into the carriers using superglue and then wrap some textile duck tape around the ends.

Here's a picture:
instagram.com
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 9:22 PM - 9 September, 2015
you're right, I do not like the new carriers, the ancient with springs are the best unbreakable
dj shadow from detroit 4:46 PM - 11 September, 2015
they first generation 61- 62 had issues with cut in time and they changed the faders 3 times. it seems to be fine now.
BBN 2:23 PM - 17 September, 2015
I'm not talking about cut in time, the material and construction of the carriers is the problem. They allways break :(
Just watch the picture I posted above.
krisp kutz 2:03 AM - 5 October, 2015
Well i just broke both line faders on my rane 57mkii i thought they ugraded the material on the fader. Makes me want to switch over to the pioneer s9 smh. This shouldnt happen to a mixer that cost as much as it does.
pdidy 5:55 AM - 7 October, 2015
HOW did you manage to break both and it not be you fault ?
krisp kutz 12:15 AM - 8 October, 2015
Quote:
HOW did you manage to break both and it not be you fault ?

Not sure never had that happen with any other of my rane mixers with magnetic crossfaders i might of got faulty plastic carriers in my mixer cause i had the same faders in my 62 and never had this problem. all i know is rane is sending me 3 new carriers and i got to send the old ones back to rane's engineering team so they can figure out why the broke so easily. Fingers crossed that this wont happen again with the new plastic carriers they send me.
pdidy 1:34 AM - 8 October, 2015
cool thanks....
gfella 6:18 PM - 17 October, 2015
Crossfader carrier from my 62 has start cracking also, stem is very loose and the carrier can break every moment.
I have the black carrier.
Never had this with my 56.
Time to contact Rane.
dj shadow from detroit 5:49 PM - 4 November, 2015
The new clear carrier has worked fine since the update. I suggest contacting them and they will hook you up.
gfella 1:59 AM - 5 November, 2015
Had contact with Rane.
New carrier is on the way.
But will take some time, package has to go from the US all the way to the Netherlands.
Everything is gonna be allright;)
gfella 11:40 PM - 5 November, 2015
Thanks Rane.
Recieved the package this morning.
Not even 2.5 weeks shipping time to the Netherlands.
That's fast.
Thanks Shaun & Rafael.
BBN 2:15 AM - 6 November, 2015
I usually get the new carriers from the German distribution within 24h.

They still break no matter which color they have, but Rane doesn't stop sending me new ones for free every few months during the last three years :)
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 11:12 PM - 28 December, 2015
I also have some new carriers broken
HighTopFade 6:29 AM - 8 May, 2016
Had my 62 since April 2013. Black plastic broke. I hope Rane covers this.
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 7:29 PM - 21 November, 2016
Rane esqueceu de seus clientes ,Tenho partes quebrados dos faders e nenhuma satisfação da empresa,Como era bom antes,Infelizmente isso é passado!
paulorpviana@hotmail.com 7:31 PM - 21 November, 2016
Rane forgot his customers, I have broken parts of the faders and no satisfaction of the company, As was good before, Unfortunately this is past!
Mr. Goodkat 10:14 PM - 21 November, 2016
rane got sold to inmusic, they have replacement parts
DJ JSN 12:12 AM - 22 November, 2016
Look at this on eBay:

www.ebay.com

RANE NC FADER CARRIER, 62, 64, 68, TTM57 mkII, MP25, MP26 DJ Mixers
dj_soo 9:56 AM - 22 November, 2016
inmusic has fader carriers for $17 ea.