DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New twerk mix I've made, lmk what yoyu think!

djsatony 12:02 PM - 5 July, 2014
Taipanic 4:21 PM - 5 July, 2014
Sounds good, scratching always sounds better when not over track vocals though.
What is the name of the James Brown remix you were using?
dj res-q 8:59 PM - 6 July, 2014
pretty good.nice work
Marcushhh 7:13 PM - 9 July, 2014
Taipanic the James Brown twerk mic can be found here:

www.djcity.com
Marcushhh 7:13 PM - 9 July, 2014
mix*
Taipanic 7:58 PM - 9 July, 2014
Quote:
Taipanic the James Brown twerk mic can be found here:

www.djcity.com

Cool, Thanks!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:13 PM - 10 July, 2014
Kool!!!
djsatony 6:37 AM - 26 July, 2014
Thanks for the feed backs! I appreciate it!!
DJ Tecniq 8:50 AM - 28 July, 2014
hrmmm what kind of monitor stands are those? I have the KRK 6"s.
DJ Tecniq 8:58 AM - 28 July, 2014
And aren't the dicers not needed cause of the 62? It should work just like the dicers right?
DJ-Hulmeman 10:12 AM - 28 July, 2014
Nice session!
djsatony 3:38 AM - 5 September, 2014
Quote:
And aren't the dicers not needed cause of the 62? It should work just like the dicers right?

Dicer helps when you use loop rolls, with 62 it requires 2 hands. 1 to press the button for the loop roll and another to adjust the loop (say to 1, 1/2, 1/4, and so on). but with a dicer it's already programmed in there so I am able to use it with 1 hand instead of using 2 hands, just need to use your fingers to lower loop rolls. Sorry I'm not really good at explaining things. lol
DJ Tecniq 3:37 PM - 7 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Dicer helps when you use loop rolls, with 62 it requires 2 hands. 1 to press the button for the loop roll and another to adjust the loop (say to 1, 1/2, 1/4, and so on). but with a dicer it's already programmed in there so I am able to use it with 1 hand instead of using 2 hands, just need to use your fingers to lower loop rolls. Sorry I'm not really good at explaining things. lol
all good you didn't answer about the monitor stands. What kind are those? Do you like them?
Dj Puzzle 8:26 PM - 7 September, 2014
Dope. Really like at starting at around 20 mins in. Keep up the good work. Nice to see scratching still alive. :)
djsatony 12:47 PM - 16 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

all good you didn't answer about the monitor stands. What kind are those? Do you like them?

I got it at guitar center for like $30 each. but now I have a wood mounted on the wall to save space on the table.
pdidy 4:33 PM - 16 September, 2014
I only listened to the first 2 min....
You need to work harder on your timing, most of your crabs and scratches were off beat in your intro so i would assume the rest rest of the mix had the same issue. Am I the only one that noticed ?
djsatony 2:46 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
You need to work harder on your timing, most of your crabs and scratches were off beat in your intro so i would assume the rest rest of the mix had the same issue. Am I the only one that noticed ?

I do agree with you, I know I need more practice so if you have any pointers please me know!
djsatony 2:50 AM - 17 September, 2014
I'm not here to show off, I know I lack in skills compared to countless amount of people. If you guys can give me some advice and pointers I'll appreciate it! I'm still learning my basic scratchings but hopefully one day i can be up there with the top DJ's!
djsatony 3:07 AM - 17 September, 2014
Just want to let you guys know that this is all freestyle, I ddin't plan anything beforehand, so that might be the reason there's some parts thats pretty sloppy. But if you did enjoy this mix here is my recent mix with all old school tracks,
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 3:18 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Just want to let you guys know that this is all freestyle, I ddin't plan anything beforehand, so that might be the reason there's some parts thats pretty sloppy. But if you did enjoy this mix here is my recent mix with all old school tracks,
Watchwww.youtube.com
I didn't think your scratching was all that bad. I can't even crab but I'm also using a 4 channel pioneer mixer which is a lot more difficult. But within a few months your scratching will improve alot man you just gotta get the flow down pat and your golden.
djsatony 3:30 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Watchwww.youtube.com
I didn't think your scratching was all that bad. I can't even crab but I'm also using a 4 channel pioneer mixer which is a lot more difficult. But within a few months your scratching will improve alot man you just gotta get the flow down pat and your golden.

Thanks man, I rather have people give me criticism than just getting compliments. Because i know my skill is nothing compared to countless amount of dj's. & that gives me the motivation to try harder and practice more. Right now I'm trying to learn chirp in double time and double click flares. I want to learn how to do doubles (can only do the basics) it's too complicated and I don't have any friends who could teach me since they all use controllers -__- But hopefully I can find some good dj's around my area and learn from them.
pdidy 4:50 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I do agree with you, I know I need more practice so if you have any pointers please me know!

timing is all about practice practice and then practice again. i do recommend recording your practice sets to identify timing errors. keep at it, your on the right path....
djsatony 5:46 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

timing is all about practice practice and then practice again. i do recommend recording your practice sets to identify timing errors. keep at it, your on the right path....

Thanks man, I needed that. I actually do record my mixes. I used to be uncomfortable and couldn't bring out my skills but after awhile i got used to it and now I have no problem with it.
DJ Tecniq 7:18 AM - 17 September, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks man, I needed that. I actually do record my mixes. I used to be uncomfortable and couldn't bring out my skills but after awhile i got used to it and now I have no problem with it.
you should make the video available on mobile. Wanted to check out your mix but on my phone at the moment.
ozfrombk 4:56 AM - 22 September, 2014
Quote:
Thanks man, I rather have people give me criticism than just getting compliments. Because i know my skill is nothing compared to countless amount of dj's. & that gives me the motivation to try harder and practice more. Right now I'm trying to learn chirp in double time and double click flares. I want to learn how to do doubles (can only do the basics) it's too complicated and I don't have any friends who could teach me since they all use controllers -__- But hopefully I can find some good dj's around my area and learn from them.

Crazy. I have some solid chirps and double click flares with both hands but I can't get crabs at all. Sounds like shit when I attempt them.