Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video Center Issues (My Solution)

MarkuS11 5:23 AM - 5 July, 2014
So Ive been lurking here for at least 6 months now. I run a PC for various reasons that dont matter. Ive been reading all these threads with PC users and Serato Video struggling to get the video to run perfect on them, I too had the same issues. So finally I found a way that solved my final issue with the video part of Serato and thought Id share it hoping it will help many of you. For me this solves green bars, flickering videos, and off centered videos.

To start go into the options in Serato DJ and go over to the video add on section. Change your YUV handling the RGB option. This solved my green bars

Next erase any add on decoders and/or filters you have installed. Now find the newest version of FFDShow and install. Now download the force quicktime off which can be found in these forums with a little searching. Click the force quicktime to enable it. Now go into your start menu and go to your FFDShow video settings. Click on the resize tab. Now on the right side it should have an option that says resize if video is < or > than and it will have a specified size. Click this option to enable it and change resize this video if it is less than 1080 x 720. Now set the new video size option to 1920 x 1080.

I have tested this on my system for 7 hours now and have had 0 flaws. I hope this helps some of you here. Good luck
Dj LDB 8:58 PM - 9 July, 2014
I can't find the force quicktime after doing a search here and on the internet. Can you provide a link for that? Thanks in advance...
Dj LDB 9:51 PM - 9 July, 2014
Ok....tried your settings and it caused my video to go crazy. A couple seconds into the video playback the video constantly blinks. I originally was using the shark07 codecs and will be deleting FFDShow and going back to those. I guess you have to find what works for your specific machine when trying to get stable videop playback. I have a laptop that's one tier below a gamer type laptop so I should not be having these video playback problems. I believe it's Serato DJ 1.63 along with the video plugin update that's causing all the head aches. May even be numarks drivers that's causing the problem. Has you on pins and needles for the entire gig wondering is the system will crash. The only saving grace as far as the video is concerned is that if it spasses out you can close the video plugin and reopen it without rebooting the laptop or close serato dj. Just doesn't look good when you're performing using videos in a high end establishment and the video goes down. Hopefully Serato and Numark will work these bugs out on the next release. I just spent upwards 3 grand on the NS7ii and a new laptop. The laptop has far superior specs than the minimum required to run Serato DJ with my NS7ii but these problems persist!
MarkuS11 3:26 AM - 10 July, 2014
Thats odd. How was your video working before with the shark codecs?

Ive got Serato DJ 1.63 and the newest video update on a Pioneer DDJ-SX. Ive never had Serato or Serato Video crash on either of my laptops. My only issue since day one was the video centering.
djnak 5:04 AM - 10 July, 2014
Lol at u thinking there is a band aid fix for all pc's....
MarkuS11 5:33 AM - 12 July, 2014
Lol at you thinking I care about your opinion.
Code:E 6:41 AM - 12 July, 2014
Quote:
Lol at you thinking I care about your opinion.

You should, but you don't that's not really ok. You would think we should any of the regular forum user give a fuck. You're trying to help, we should be happy about that. But we are not. Why because we spend our time out of the goodness of our own hearts to help many users out there. Far more than serato could ever hope to on their own. So when someone comes on here and trying to tell us they know the be all end all way to make every PC work we can't help but rip on you. Why cause you're wrong. I'm sure your simple fix worked for you and your computer. But you should present it as such and not as a way to make any PC work because it doesn't work that way. no 2 PC's are the same and all will take a slightly different than yours to make them work. The 1st person to comment on your post is proof of this.
MarkuS11 6:26 PM - 13 July, 2014
Fair enough Code:E. Its my fault for the way I worded the title. I meant it to say my solution as in what worked for me, didnt mean itd be a solution for all. Notice my wording in my original post how I said I hope it helps some users. I just threw it out there just in case it did help other pc users.

However there is no need for negative responses as such by djnak.
djnak 8:38 PM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:

However there is no need for negative responses as such by djnak.

You new around here ?....My response was clearly positive compared to most of the shit that goes on around here....The post was quick and simple to hopefully HELP some other pc users THINK before they try your outlined instructions and fuck up their pc's...

or maybe I should have just posted the truth and said If you want to run video properly quit being so fucking cheap and buy a mac FOR VIDEO DJING...who cares what other reasons you need a pc for (keep using it for those reasons)...but when your out video djing (getting paid) use the right tools for the job....It gets tiring hearing from club/bar managers and owners how they tried a video dj once and his shit crashed music stopped video's looked like shit blah blah blah

It gets old seeing people try and be cheap use the right tools for the job....you get paid for gigs so invest some of that money in proper equipment....You dont bring a knife to a gun fight do you?
Code:E 9:44 PM - 13 July, 2014
Quote:
It gets tiring hearing from club/bar managers and owners how they tried a video dj once and his shit crashed music stopped video's looked like shit blah blah blah

That is a huge piss off to me. It stops me from getting many gigs. cause amateurs fucked it up for the guys who know what they are doing.
Quote:
It gets old seeing people try and be cheap use the right tools for the job....you get paid for gigs so invest some of that money in proper equipment....You dont bring a knife to a gun fight do you?

A better analogy would be, dont use a adjustable wrench to take off lug nuts will it work, sure, sometimes. is it right, hell no.
Burny 5:49 PM - 13 August, 2014
djnak, I can without hesitation state that your career in the dj world will be short lived. PERIOD. Good luck with your day job, PRO.
djnak 9:08 PM - 13 August, 2014
Quote:
djnak, I can without hesitation state that your career in the dj world will be short lived. PERIOD. Good luck with your day job, PRO.

You are right....I should have applauded and praised the original poster for handing out MISINFORMATION like its the truth.....then when we see the forum flooded with post from new serato video users who took said information and fucked up their pc's...I should help them fix it right?