Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Pro Tip: Multi-FX Chain Combos (Heat Rocks)

4:36 AM, 2 Jul 2014
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Dj Wunder 3:45 AM - 15 July, 2014
I'd like to hear that. Got some audio to share?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 10:14 PM - 15 July, 2014
Yep we sure do, just tidying it up for our Soundcloud page. We'll embed it here soon.

sam.
Stressless Steve 7:17 AM - 17 July, 2014
Another simple but very effective one, and especially easy too if you have dedicated filter knobs, is the echo hp-filter build up.

Just start echoing the build to the drop with 1/1, and gently turn the filter to the right and try to play with both knobs while halving that beats on the echo and using the filter to make sure it's not getting too loud. Cheers :)
Deeze 10:24 PM - 17 July, 2014
Can you control these effects from the VCI 380? I have been trying to emulate the effects I would use from the Pioneer EFX500 but can't control HP filter and echo together. If I set echo I have to include it in the loop function or roll function as it won't activate independently of those pad controls. Any advise would be great.
Mike Czech 4:51 PM - 18 July, 2014
It would be amazing to have updated Dicers with knob control to be able to do effects like these while playing on turntables. You guys should pester Novation into updating them!
DJ TeeOh 5:55 AM - 6 August, 2014
Quote:
It would be amazing to have updated Dicers with knob control to be able to do effects like these while playing on turntables. You guys should pester Novation into updating them!

Already being worked on since last year. :)
shishka 6:30 AM - 14 August, 2015
this would be cool if it weren't for the fact noise sweep is so overpoweringly loud and can't be turned down