Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

I MISS THE OLD SERATO!!!

Jiive 1:27 AM - 25 June, 2014
Serato 1.6.3 NEEDS

Independent rpm settings for each deck.
The recording having a memory of which input was last used instead of going back to channel 1 when closed.
The up and down arrow keys loading decks 1 and 4, Instead of 2 and 3 having 2 arrows load tunes onto the same deck.
The view having memory of what views were last used so spacebar works when you open serato instead of having to click up the top.
Laz219 2:52 AM - 26 June, 2014
So why not keep using SSL then?
Jiive 10:29 PM - 26 June, 2014
Bought a new laptop and it downloaded 1.6.3... Is there a way of downloading the older version?! =D
Laz219 1:10 AM - 27 June, 2014
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:37 AM - 19 July, 2014
Hey Jiive,

Its great to hear your feedback, because we would like to make the "new Serato" just like the "old Serato", but better.

Quote:

We are considering a solution for this. In your opinion, how important is it for this to be on the main GUI, or can it happily be in the setup screen for you?

Quote:
The recording having a memory of which input was last used instead of going back to channel 1 when closed.

This is a bug which we hope to have fixed in the next release :)

Quote:
The up and down arrow keys loading decks 1 and 4, Instead of 2 and 3 having 2 arrows load tunes onto the same deck.

Do you mean the SHIFT + UP and DOWN keyboard shortcuts to load to decks 3 and 4? Not quite sure what you mean by the second sentence though.

Quote:
The view having memory of what views were last used so spacebar works when you open serato instead of having to click up the top.

Just to clarify - what is the problem you have here? If you set it to Vertical view mode, then press space bar twice, does it not return to Vertical view mode? What view mode do you use?
Jiive 2:48 AM - 20 July, 2014
Chur! =) I think in the setup screen would be all good.. Yeah the SHIFT + UP and DOWN keys do the same thing as SHIFT + LEFT and RIGHT keys, so when using 4 decks you can only quick load onto 2 of them.

The view thing is no biggie, just when you open serato you have to click up the top and go to another view THEN spacebar works,. It loses memory of any other views being used when you close the program

Legend for getting back =)
Serato, Support
Martin C 2:34 AM - 21 July, 2014
Quote:
Yeah the SHIFT + UP and DOWN keys do the same thing as SHIFT + LEFT and RIGHT keys, so when using 4 decks you can only quick load onto 2 of them.

I can't get this to work in Scratch Live. What version are you using? Are you using a Rane SL4?

From what I understand, the only way you could load to decks 3 and 4, was to press the tilde key first (~) thus changing the deck focus to the secondary decks. If this is the case, it should work the same in Serato DJ. Unless I am missing something!

Quote:
The view thing is no biggie, just when you open serato you have to click up the top and go to another view THEN spacebar works,. It loses memory of any other views being used when you close the program

I wasn't able to reproduce this in Serato DJ 1.6.3 either. What view mode do you normally use? I was able to open the software in vertical view mode, then press spacebar straight away and have it switch to library view, without having to toggle view modes. Maybe a bug in an old version? Which version are you running?

Quote:
Legend for getting back =)

All good bro! Haha, I don't come across many other NZers on this forum :)
Caley Martin 4:38 AM - 30 July, 2014
Quote:
Serato 1.6.x NEEDS

I am a huge proponent for this change... I found it to be one of the more creative features of SSL that SDJ presently does not implement. I play a lot of drum'n'bass at 33rpm on my decks, with the software set to 45pm for the virtual deck, essentially creating a breakbeat track.
Jiive 10:58 PM - 2 August, 2014
It's CTRL not SHIFT... Don't know why I Kept putting SHIFT... In Scratch live you can press CTRL + DOWN ARROW and it loads onto fourth deck or UP loads onto first deck when left and right load onto second and third decks which are primary. In Serato DJ arrows only load onto primary decks.

I'm using version 1.6.3 Serato DJ

Spacebar works sweet as now =)
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:58 PM - 4 August, 2014
Ah yes, you are right about that shortcut. Definitely something we can look at re-implement in an update. Sorry I can't tell you exactly when though!

For now my recommend would be to use the ~ tilde key, but we will try and bring back those keyboard shortcuts as soon as we get the chance to do so.

Thanks for your feedback Jiive :)
Jiive 9:27 PM - 4 August, 2014
Yeah the tilde key works. Nice one thanks for the help! :)