Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Choppy Video Playback with SDJ-SVideo on Windows

JungleG 5:48 PM - 24 June, 2014
I have been experiencing choppy video playback on some files in SVideo and read about many having this issue. I realized that SVideo relies on QuickTime and noticed these playback problems are really with QuickTime. You can read about this here: discussions.apple.com
The file will otherwise play just fine in VLC. QuickTime's codec seems to have issues with some H.264 encodings. Of course Apple will just say that they don't support encodings from 3rd party H.264 codec implementations... (If its not made by Apple than its wrong!)
The solution I came to for SeratoVideo is to re-encode the file with an Apple (friendly) codec. I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum (an inexpensive Vegas) to re-encode the file with an Apple profile. If QuickTime plays it well then SeratoVideo will also.

I would like to suggest to Serato's engineers to base their product on open source software like VLC that is more open to standards than Apple.
Code:E 7:00 PM - 24 June, 2014
Quote:
If QuickTime plays it well then SeratoVideo will also.

Not true.
Culprit 9:33 PM - 24 June, 2014
is your computer running the minimum specs?

serato.com
JungleG 6:32 PM - 17 April, 2015
Quote:

My computer is a bomb.
Quote:
Not true

Why? You have an exemple?
DJ Tecniq 11:54 AM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

My computer is a bomb.
Quote:
Not true

If it's not a mac it's not necessarily a bomb. Maybe a grenade but not close to a bomb.
Code:E 6:12 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:
Quote:
Not true

Yes. Serato Video's stability comes from the types of files it plays, which is VERY few. You need to have properly encoded video files setup to work with serato video not just quicktime. right amount of keyframes, resolution, ect...
djnak 7:01 PM - 2 May, 2015
Quote:

The solution I came to for SeratoVideo is to re-encode the file with an Apple (friendly) codec. I use Sony Movie Studio Platinum (an inexpensive Vegas) to re-encode the file with an Apple profile. If QuickTime plays it well then SeratoVideo will also.

1... where are your videos sourced from?
2..... How are you re-encoding?
3... what are the specs of your computer ? Windows machines tend to have a lot of different hardware configurations....some of which do not work so well with Serato Video.....
4...... what background programs are running while using Serato Video? (How much Cpu are you using)

Quote:
I would like to suggest to Serato's engineers to base their product on open source software like VLC that is more open to standards than Apple.

why? with proper configurations and proper content you should have no issues with Serato Video....