Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Cue volume much lower in headphones than mix.

arriflex 2:42 PM - 21 June, 2014
Hey gang, when turning my cue/mix knob on my DDJ-SR there is a significant difference in volume between the two, requiring an adjustment on the phones level when I move between the two.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
corsi 7:22 PM - 25 December, 2014
I'm having the exact same problem on my numark ns6. Hey Serato how about fixing this?
Serato, Support
Micah G. 3:26 AM - 12 January, 2015
Hey arriflex,

Hit up the support team, and we can look into that for you. Start a help request here - support.serato.com

Cheers,
Micah
Nilla G 1:55 AM - 29 January, 2015
I am also experiencing this issue with the Numark NS6 and Serato DJ. I'm currently working with support but no answer yet. Here are some observations I made while trouble shooting, some of which you folks stated:

Uninstalled and reinstalled the 2.9.55 windows NS6 driver
Uninstalled Serato DJ 1.7.3 and installed Serator DJ 1.7.2

Neither of these corrected the issue. I did do a reboot between each uninstall and install to be sure all services and dlls were un/re-registered.

One other observation I made is the functioning of the CUE/PGM knob. When turned all the way clockwise to the PGM side the volume is at a certain level. When I turn the knob all the way counterclockwise, the cue track is much much lower in volume. Testing with the exact same tracks on both decks, I would expect that turning the cue/pgm knob straight up and down in the twelve o' clock position I would have a balanced blend of each track, but in order to hear the track I am cuing I must turn the cue/pgm knob to the 9 O'clock position to be able to here the lower volume cued track over the current PGM track.
Nilla G 8:33 PM - 9 February, 2015
To follow up on this. I am still working with support on this issue, but I can tell you if I roll back to 1.7.1 the issue is not present. I'll follow up again if any progress is made. I'm being asked to send pictures of my levels for troubleshooting right now...
Nilla G 6:28 PM - 18 February, 2015
Had all my levels checked and verified by support and they confirmed all was set correctly. At the request of support I tried different computers with clean installs of the Numark NS 6 driver and Serato DJ 1.7.3. Still no love on this issue.
Nilla G 6:03 AM - 19 February, 2015
Alright just figured this out....adjusting my master on the controller wasn't changing the master in the software. I used my mouse to turn the software master down from the 12 o'clock position to the 8 o'clock position and the cue volume was balanced. I could set the cue/pgm knob to 50% and the mix was very close to half and half. I'm guessing it was hitting the limiter with the master cranked to noon in the software.

Hope this helps someone else.
AshleyMc 11:22 PM - 5 December, 2015
was there ever a solution found to this issue, i have the same issue on my pioneer ddj sb and my macbook, headphone volume is very low when i use my macbook but on my pc it is fine, help please.