Websites Discussion

Talk about our websites Serato.com and Whitelabel.net
To talk about a Serato product such as Scratch Live or ITCH please find the appropriate forum area.

RECORDING A MIX WITH DDJ SX

DJ Wabl 9:15 AM - 16 June, 2014
Whats the best way to record a mix with the pioneer ddj sx? can i use it with pro-tools or fruity loops or RS7000 Yahama sequencer?
And how do i connect them together?
Pls help!
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:49 PM - 19 June, 2014
You could use any of the above software with a soundcard to record or you could press the record button in sdj select mix from the drop down and hit the red record looking button, once done press it again
Then in the text field on the right label the mix and hit save
this will create a crate called recording on the left hand side if you do not name the file you will unable to save it
DJ Wabl 8:30 AM - 5 October, 2014
thanx a bunch Dj Sparky
DJ WILLIE 11:50 PM - 21 October, 2014
Quote:
You could use any of the above software with a soundcard to record or you could press the record button in sdj select mix from the drop down and hit the red record looking button, once done press it again
Then in the text field on the right label the mix and hit save
this will create a crate called recording on the left hand side if you do not name the file you will unable to save it

Hi Dj Sparky - Can you help me with a question...

How can I record clean sounding, more punch mixes on the ddj sx...as when I record the mixes sound awful sound-wise, it sounds like an AM station ..?..I have tried recording with the EQ levels at 12 o'clock and I also have tried recording with turning the EQ levels lil' bit to the right at like 2 o'clock to sound cleaner, but nothing still.

What can I do to make sound better, should I not use the Serato REC to record my mixes and use maybe Audacity..?

thank u !!

Willie
DJ Tecniq 12:43 PM - 18 August, 2015
What version of serato Dj are you using? I have heard of mixes sounding muffled with pioneer products. Did you make sure your unit had the latest firmware?