Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Locking cue points

aSiNe 1:15 AM - 14 June, 2014
Can you lock cue points?

If not can you add this in to SDJ?
Davideon 10:36 AM - 15 June, 2014
The cue points automatically lock. You have to shift + press to delete one.
Davideon 10:39 AM - 15 June, 2014
by that i mean hot cues. the temp cue cant be saved
aSiNe 4:23 PM - 17 June, 2014
I'm referring to the ability to accidentally overwrite or click the 'X' on the screen. loops can be locked (2 clicks to remove) cue points just one.
Marqs 11:56 PM - 30 October, 2014
Would like to see a cue point/hot cue panel lock as well. In a situation with controller (Pioneer DDJ-SX2 in my case), it's very easy to accidentally add hot cues and if sorting chronologically is enabled, then an added hot cue can mess up the sequence of hot cues.

I usually don't add hot cues while djing, I prepare at home.

So it would be nice to lock the hot cue/cue point panel and unlock with a simple click as needed. No need to add lock for every cue slot just the whole cue panel. What do you think?
times infinity 6:08 PM - 18 December, 2014
Quote:
Would like to see a cue point/hot cue panel lock as well. In a situation with controller (Pioneer DDJ-SX2 in my case), it's very easy to accidentally add hot cues and if sorting chronologically is enabled, then an added hot cue can mess up the sequence of hot cues.

I usually don't add hot cues while djing, I prepare at home.

So it would be nice to lock the hot cue/cue point panel and unlock with a simple click as needed. No need to add lock for every cue slot just the whole cue panel. What do you think?

i agree completely.

i have thousands of tracks with specific cues from Scratch Live that i expect to always be there. when using controllers it's incredibly easy to overwrite them accidentally and unknowingly with the pads. when accidentally hitting a number on a keyboard it will also rewrite the cues. this is really frustrating and counter intuitive.

please make this require a modifier key as it used to or have a lock function.
Marqs 4:22 AM - 20 December, 2014
BTW, just discovered that cue point panel on the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 can be deactivated by clicking on the HOT CUE button above cue pads. That's not exactly what we are discussing here, but at least it can be handy sometimes.
BogdanoMorarri 3:19 AM - 25 April, 2015
Hey guys I came across the same problem. Just upgraded to DDJ-SX2 and I love the flip function, but in order to make a nice Flip I'd need to set up new cue points you know on some lyrics or other parts of the song that I would not actually use for mixing. This would be just for Flip, but having in mind that I will have to set cue points all over again is killing me.
Did anyone find any solutions to this? or you actually need to set them up again?
Marv Incredible 7:53 AM - 4 May, 2015
Quote:
Did anyone find any solutions to this? or you actually need to set them up again?

No, I don't believe there is a 'solution' to this as yet, but what you can do is make a copy of the track and then load the original and the copy to separate decks. Make all the changes you need to on the original (i.e. go ahead and delete cue points, set new ones and create your flips).

Then, using the copy as a guide, re-set your original cue points the way you had them in the first place. Stacking the decks/waveforms makes this even easier to do. I don't know whether you name your cue points but if you don't, this is where the cue times come in realy handy too.

There are also some tag editors out there that copy tags from one file to another and, even though you can't select or edit them, this includes the Serato tags and cue points. Experiment for yourself to see if yours does this.
4mydawgz 8:47 PM - 27 September, 2015
This is a needed addition. Sometimes you'll let some one play off your computer next thing you know you got weird cue points
DJ Frank Stallone 7:39 PM - 28 September, 2015
+1

Quote:
BTW, just discovered that cue point panel on the Pioneer DDJ-SX2 can be deactivated by clicking on the HOT CUE button above cue pads. That's not exactly what we are discussing here, but at least it can be handy sometimes.

Is that it's intended function? I could never figure out what pressing the HOT CUE a second time does.
nuwave_afro 10:55 AM - 19 January, 2016
+10000... i feel like this has been asked before, either here on forums or just every third dj i talk to. it would be great to have the same lock feature that loops have. just to prevent accidental overwrite.

and even moreso for FLIPS, which sometimes are painstakingly recorded. just to be gone with a single mistaken click. (sorry if thats a separate issue. ill create new thread)

THIS--->
Quote:
This is a needed addition. Sometimes you'll let some one play off your computer next thing you know you got weird cue points
crawez 7:41 PM - 23 January, 2016
I totally agree with you guys we need a solution about this!
TriplThreat 11:54 PM - 28 December, 2016
With Controllers controlling the market accidental hits of cues is a common thing. The aggravation of this is enormous! Especially for people whom use the color coding. It can throw off the vibe & your performance abilities. Can we please have as solution to this? Perhaps It could be written into the locking function that already exists in the DAW.

Thank you in Advance.
djarts 6:19 PM - 28 May, 2017
+1

Absouletely necessary for every dj, who uses cue points as a musical instrument.
deejdave 2:20 AM - 30 May, 2017
Also necessary for every DJ to stay current with their software's feature set ;) This was added via 1.9.6 as "Enable Hot Cues" in setup menu. When not selected you can not accidentally mess things up during set. Please note you can still add by clicking the respective cue point marker on the screen itself.
DJ GOADMAN 9:41 PM - 11 November, 2017
THank you kindly
nuwave_afro 2:32 AM - 8 January, 2018
Quote:
Also necessary for every DJ to stay current with their software's feature set ;) This was added via 1.9.6 as "Enable Hot Cues" in setup menu. When not selected you can not accidentally mess things up during set. Please note you can still add by clicking the respective cue point marker on the screen itself.

thanks but no. disabling hot cues does little to help the issue. for example, i often overwrite cues when missing the alt key when loop rolling and hitting the command key by mistake. also its been in the setup menu feature set since waaaaay before 1.9.6, but again thanks.
deejdave 3:24 AM - 9 January, 2018
You are probably thinking of SSL. Check 7th item on 1.9.6 new features to confirm when this was added. serato.com The update 100% fixed the issue for those using controllers (which is probably why this thread went dead) but I suppose for those relying solely on keyboard shortcuts this would be an issue although this move certainly helped with that as well as there are no longer any single click mistakes. As you pointed out it is a multiple keystroke process now which is not nearly as easy to accidentally do.

Why not just lock the file/s via finder etc. so overwriting cues etc. would not be a possibility? It would eliminate the issue but I am not sure anyone would want to literally remove any chance of adding cue points at any given time.
xxVOXxx 11:57 PM - 24 January, 2018
Quote:

Thank you deejdave! That fixed it for me (Serato DJ 1.9.8 / DDJ-SX2) once the Enable Hot Cues is disabled it goes back to the way it was where you have to either use the "+" to add a cue point or CMD/CTRL + the cue number. Accidentally hitting the pads adding random cues was wreaking havoc on my tracks.
Cyber Sounds 2:03 AM - 25 January, 2018
Thank guys, I'll try it and see, cause accidentally adding unwanted cue point on my pad while performing was driving me crazy.
deejdave 2:09 AM - 26 January, 2018
All good.
Cyber Sounds 12:33 AM - 27 January, 2018
Yo, Thanks man, it worked. Really appreciate the help.
deejdave 2:49 AM - 27 January, 2018
All good. Glad this is helping people. FYI always a great idea to keep up to date with releases. Firmware updates, drivers and software alike. Sometimes (after MUCH research and consideration) even upgrading OS can be a good idea even.
Cyber Sounds 8:03 PM - 31 January, 2018
Thanks. for the info.