DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Just replaced usb port on my Rane ttm57 and having trouble with sound outputs

Mr Big 4:50 AM - 7 June, 2014
The usb port on my ttm 57 just crapped out so I had to replace it .... replace the usb port and that works fine and well ... Reconnected everything to make sure things worked ... Headphones produce sound and all the EQ work,mic output is functioning .... but now when i connect to a monitior speaker through XLR on master output and 1/4 through booth ... I get no sound output ... When I hit the reverse button on the right side of mixer ... XLR and 1/4 outputs produce sound through monitors but my upfaders and crossfader do not work and only right side channel is producing sound ... Anyone have ideas as to what is wrong and how I can reslove this .... Thanks in advance
pdidy 3:32 AM - 13 June, 2014
Get a certified technician to fix it aka Rane. Call 425-355-6000 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM USA Pacific Time Monday through Friday
The Return of Dj Sparky 4:03 AM - 13 June, 2014
Did you do the soldering yourself?

sounds like something went wrong either you heated up some component too much while soldering off/on the new usb port,

bite the bullet and get rane to fix it
nuwave_afro 10:07 PM - 28 September, 2015
Quote:
The usb port on my ttm 57 just crapped out so I had to replace it .... replace the usb port and that works fine and well ... Reconnected everything to make sure things worked ... Headphones produce sound and all the EQ work,mic output is functioning .... but now when i connect to a monitior speaker through XLR on master output and 1/4 through booth ... I get no sound output ... When I hit the reverse button on the right side of mixer ... XLR and 1/4 outputs produce sound through monitors but my upfaders and crossfader do not work and only right side channel is producing sound ... Anyone have ideas as to what is wrong and how I can reslove this .... Thanks in advance

sorry this isnt quite a answer to original issue. just a couple questions to the OP. i have a 57 that is way out of warranty and want to replace my USB as well. so id like to know:

1) did you reslove this issue and if so, what was the problem? and
2) how difficult was the operation. soldering or jus component connections?

and YES i know rane repair team is amazing and would be the best option. but its a old mixer and would rather do it myself. the repair price was pretty high out of warranty.

thanx much
-af-