Serato Video and Video-SL General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.
If you require help for Serato Video or Video-SL please create a help request.

MP4 BPM tagger?

nemix 5:05 PM - 11 March, 2009
I've been using mixmeister to auto tag any of my music that isn't tagged but it doesn't seem to work with my new MP4 video files. Is there a program out there for mac or PC that does this?
dj hes 6:25 PM - 11 March, 2009
cant you just use Serato to tag these? Thats what I use.
nemix 7:18 PM - 11 March, 2009
I can but I'd rather have them all automatically tagged so I don't have to do it one by one. I actually just converted a bunch of my mp4s into mp3s, put them in mixmeister, then with tag&rename was able to quickly input all of them
dj hes 8:09 PM - 11 March, 2009
Im confused here, you can auto bpm mp4's with Serato.
nemix 10:14 PM - 11 March, 2009
do you mean with the tap feature, or it actually analyzes and labels the tags on the mp4?
dj hes 10:34 PM - 11 March, 2009
It actually analyzes and tags all the files. its on the serato interface on the left had site above the playlists. dont have your laptop plugged into serato and it will show up, it says "build overviews" then select the Set auto bpm box. (and choose the bpm range).

It will scan thru the files that dont have bpms and hook em up. Be sure your on the newest version though, if you have itunes read the mp4's it seems reset them on older versions of serato.
Henry GQ 4:11 AM - 16 March, 2009
i guess what im looking for as a tagger is... ot maybe just a renamer program.
something that will rename those files as well...
i have some mp4s/mp3s that have lower case... i wanna go all capital letters...
and i wanna remove the _ (underscore) in some of my files as well.
DJ Scorpion 12:58 PM - 25 August, 2009
*bump*

hi there,

does any of you guys know of a good batch bpm detection software for mp4 files?

i know rapid evolution should actually do the job, put in reality it refuses to do the job / crashes on me (when using mp4 files).

the background is that i don't want vsl do the bpm tagging, because the bpm info is then not stored in the actual file. or at least itunes won't recognize it.

thx in advance,
scorp
DJ Scorpion 1:41 PM - 25 August, 2009
by the way mac or pc, doesn't matter ...
DJ PopRoXXX 4:09 PM - 26 August, 2009
what about a key detector for mp4 video files? I have mixed in key (older version) but it doesn't like mp4 vids.
DJ Scorpion 5:18 PM - 26 August, 2009
well rapid evolution should be good for both key and bpm (on paper), but in reality it either crashes upon the attempt or at least won't let me save the detected infos to the files without any further infos on why not.

that's why i asked for alternatives ... how do all you video junkies using itunes smart playlists detect the bpms ....? *clueless*
DJDaveOtt 4:54 PM - 2 March, 2010
bump
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:16 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
what about a key detector for mp4 video files? I have mixed in key (older version) but it doesn't like mp4 vids.

+1
Henry GQ 6:53 PM - 2 March, 2010
can soemone post soemthign when they do come out with mp4 tagger in mixed in key
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:02 PM - 2 March, 2010
its supposed to come out in 5.0....no word on when the hell that will be though
Henry GQ 7:03 PM - 2 March, 2010
someone said soon, i seen it somewhere.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:12 PM - 2 March, 2010
cant be to soon the mod on their forum posted yuesterday that theres no word when 5 is commin out....hopefully your right though
Henry GQ 8:14 PM - 2 March, 2010
hopefully1

maybe they will auto sync LOL
DJDaveOtt 8:56 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
hopefully1

Henry's all over the auto sync ;-)
DJDaveOtt 8:56 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
hopefully1

Henry's all over the auto sync ;-)
Henry GQ 9:07 PM - 2 March, 2010
hahaha i hate auto sync and anyone that uses it. its for djs that wont praxctice and never learned how to beat match. sucks ass. its just a personal joke with me n bezzle. were gettin crazy in another thread
DJ PopRoXXX 9:08 PM - 2 March, 2010
oh i know. i was reading that one yesterday ;-)
DJDaveOtt 9:10 PM - 2 March, 2010
I hate this double posting crap that's been going on...
I saw the posts...funny stuff! That's why I wrote that lol

I have a bunch of MP4 files that have a blank bpm field... I don't know why. I'm looking into it. Even if I click the bpm tap, it does't save the bpm...
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:54 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
hahaha i hate auto sync and anyone that uses it. its for djs that wont praxctice and never learned how to beat match. sucks ass. its just a personal joke with me n bezzle. were gettin crazy in another thread

lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:54 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
I hate this double posting crap that's been going on...
I saw the posts...funny stuff! That's why I wrote that lol

I have a bunch of MP4 files that have a blank bpm field... I don't know why. I'm looking into it. Even if I click the bpm tap, it does't save the bpm...

do you buy any MP4s off itunes?
DJDaveOtt 9:59 PM - 2 March, 2010
No itunes MP4s.
I don't know what the problem is...I'm gonna get a shower and go to dart league and not think about this crap...I need a break from it. My brain hurts from too much thinking, it's not used to being used this much lol
FunkyRob 10:41 PM - 2 March, 2010
I found an auto sink

www.co.washington.mn.us
DJDaveOtt 11:14 PM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
I found an auto sink

www.co.washington.mn.us

LMAO
carter 7:50 AM - 3 March, 2010
Mac: Applescript for Underscore to Space found here scriptbuilders.net
When AppleScript Editor opens with the script dialog, click run and then follow the prompts on the screen.
Tags done in Mp3tag v2.45d. For Mac you will need to download a Wine program to run it, but it will run and read your external. I use WineHelpter. Not all tags will be read, but most will. I've come out with about 5-10 out of 1000+ video folder. Any left overs can be done in SSL or MetaX.
Hope that helps.