Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Have Serato Video read subtitle files

DVJ Rick Kraft 8:00 AM - 18 May, 2014
I have a lot of custom tagless videos I've produced and was playing around with SV's text effects, and I realized you can't save these effects per video. Or set the time on how long you want it to play for.

Well, instead of re-inventing any wheels, I'm wondering if a plugin could be made to read subtitle files for videos being played, preferably the .ass format, (.ssa only if you really have to) This would allow name matching subtitle files to be loaded from the same folder the video is in, similar to what VLC and many other video players already do.

This would allow Video users to still produce tagless videos but we could use subtitles over them as we like. Thanks for your consideration!
Dj_Liquit 5:10 PM - 29 March, 2015
I agree. I think it would be nice if subtitle option would be available. I play movies in background for a gig but for some reason subtitles do not play on serato video.

I even tried to enable closed caption on tv but signal is split in serato... video through hdmi, audio through sx2

QuickTime Pro works with subtitles but not serato video...doesnt make sense bc if serato video uses QuickTime and I have auto subtitles configured it should work