Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

DJM 900 SRT (help)

PizzaPolo 8:00 AM - 28 April, 2014
hey everyone whats up, I have 2 cdj2000nxs, a djm900srt and a sp1 controller. i run it with serato dj. i wanted to know if the djm900srt can be used with scratch live so i can use the cdjs as the controllers and not use the css for time code. I've read that it isn't but i just wanted to know if there was a way around that or just having to use a djm900nxs? thank you.
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:14 PM - 4 May, 2014
Hi PizzaPolo,

You can't use the DJM900srt as an interface with SSL like you can with Serato DJ, but you can use the it with Scratch Live hardware, like the Rane SL series boxes. If you are having trouble with the DJM900SRT and Serato DJ, feel free to open a help request and we can help you with that.

Regards

Matt P
WarpNote 10:38 AM - 6 May, 2014
Also pizza, you can run your cdj2000nxs in HID (aka controller mode) in SDJ.
Joshua Carl 4:11 PM - 18 July, 2014
Question

When running connected to a ssl box.
Can you connect the 900 srt to you computer to midi map the controls
Or will the sound card/SDJ connection disallow the unit from being used as only midi
(And be FORCED to use the old midi connection on the rear panel)
WarpNote 5:20 PM - 18 July, 2014
SDJ does not support 2 native devices at once. To be honest, I never tried it. Will have a go later tonite, sl4 + 900srt. Stay tuned :)
deejdave 6:09 AM - 21 August, 2014
There is NO reason why this would NOT work as the SRT is NOT a native device to SSL hence there will only be one native device hooked up in this scenario. The SRT will be seen the same as a 900Nexus would be.

I have never tried as I don't see any reason to downgrade to SSL but it should work in theory.
WarpNote 6:20 AM - 21 August, 2014
You need to read again dave, josh wanna run sdj with the box, then map srt for midi. Assume he wanna run 2 laptops in sdj.
deejdave 3:17 PM - 21 August, 2014
He never specified which software he wanted to use it with and I just assumed he meant SSL as it was posted in the SSL section.
Joshua Carl 4:54 PM - 21 August, 2014
correct, this was for a guest dj who wanted to use SSL (NOT SDJ) and a Pioneer mixer.
and all we had available that night was a 900SRT

so we weren't sure if plugging in the SRT's USB to the computer would trump the SL3 Box's connection to the computer.... because he wanted to use the SRT's Midi functionality (otherwise, obviously it would have just remained disconnected)

they connected the SL3 first, fired up ssl, and then connected the Srt and ran it in midi mode, with no problems.
deejdave 6:42 PM - 21 August, 2014
That's what I figured. As I said there will be NO issue with having BOTH the SRT & the SL3 connected with SSL being ONLY the SL3 is native to SSL as you apparently found out yourself LOL.

Just out of curiosity what features did he map to the SRT? I still have SSL gear just haven't used any of it in quite some time.
WarpNote 6:48 PM - 21 August, 2014
Sorry guys, my mistake...
deejdave 6:57 PM - 21 August, 2014
No apology needed. There are far worse things going on in life LOL.

Did you happen to try connecting both while running SDJ anyways?