Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Purchasing Serato License

Mr Gator 10:56 PM - 24 April, 2014
Can someone tell me why i have to purchase a new serato license everytime i add a new controller or player on my system ? I own a Numark NS6 & i bought a license,i also bought a Numark Mixtrak Edge & now i'm only getting a free 14 day trial,i now have to purchase a new license to use my Numark Mixtrak Edge.So every new player i buy i have to purchase a new serato license to use it,which costs $129 USD ???If that's the case then it sucks.
deejdave 11:14 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
Can someone tell me why i have to purchase a new serato license everytime i add a new controller or player on my system ? I own a Numark NS6 & i bought a license,i also bought a Numark Mixtrak Edge & now i'm only getting a free 14 day trial,i now have to purchase a new license to use my Numark Mixtrak Edge.So every new player i buy i have to purchase a new serato license to use it,which costs $129 USD ???If that's the case then it sucks.

Not sure why you would buy the license with the NS6. The NS6 has the activation built in and no license is required. All Pro controllers have the license built into the hardware and each license applies to that hardware only. May I ask how much you paid for this license?

That brings up the Numark Mixtrack Edge. This is NOT a pro controller thus does not include a Serato DJ license. It includes a Serato DJ Intro license. Thus the $129 must be payed to be used with the SDJ software. This is NOT an every controller charge though. This $129 license can be used with all beginner (supported Serato DJ Intro) controllers and the supported Pro controllers again all include the activation license built in so good news there.
WildcardX 12:44 AM - 25 April, 2014
Which brings us to this..The List of Serato Intro Controllers, all of which require a licence to be purchased at $129 for use with Serato DJ.

Clicky linky below!

serato.com