Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Crate Problem

NATE UK 10:56 PM - 21 April, 2014
I have a problem when creating crates in Serato DJ. For instance, if I'm making a mix cd, and would like to have songs in a particular order, when I close & re-open SeratoDJ the songs will then be in randomized order.

Is there any way to stop this?
Jensen Määäm 11:11 PM - 21 April, 2014
Try changing the numbers (each song has one) and then sort them by numbers. I haven't done this, but I've heard this is how others have their routines lined up.
DJ Quartz 3:18 AM - 22 April, 2014
Are you using the # column?
NATE UK 7:39 AM - 23 April, 2014
@DJ Quartz yes I'm using the # column, thats the issue. Regardless of what order everything is in, when I close and re-open serato DJ it changes the order automatically.

@Jensen will try that, but not sure why this should happen at all...didnt have this problem with scratch live
Jensen Määäm 8:17 AM - 23 April, 2014
There is an option in the set up called customize crate views, if you check this box, you can have different crates look different, have shown different informations, have them sort by a specific column, etc. if you uncheck this box, all of your crates will look the same.
DJ Quartz 11:05 AM - 23 April, 2014
^ This was my next question.
mr187 3:02 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
@DJ Quartz yes I'm using the # column, thats the issue. Regardless of what order everything is in, when I close and re-open serato DJ it changes the order automatically.

@Jensen will try that, but not sure why this should happen at all...didnt have this problem with scratch live

did you add the songs 1 by 1 ?
but when you add it to whatever you are recording in don't necessary mean they will hold the order.
DJ-AWDAT816 6:11 AM - 25 January, 2015
i have a crate that shows up in my serato and computer (files>serato>crates) but it doesnt show up where my crates are on the left. what do i do?