Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Purchased Rane 64...and now I HAVE to buy Pitch n Time Plugin?

DJGoobs 7:53 PM - 18 April, 2014
Seriously...that mixer wasn't cheap. I was aware of the keylock issue but assumed it would be fixed with time to stay competitive with NI's software. $2200 on a mixer, and now $30 for a decent keylock.

On the other hand, thank god we get a decent Keylock. But there should be a coupon or something for those of us that registered our expensive Rane Mixers with Serato.

Unless I don't get how this works and Serato doesn't earn two dimes from Rane Hardware anymore (that may actually be the case).

Complaint filed, venting done.
Jensen Määäm 8:02 PM - 18 April, 2014
I know it's adding up and they should give us a good working keylock as a free inbuilt feature in a software update, but if you can afford that expensive mixer, the 30 bucks won't break you. Think again, if Rane makes a mixer which is certified for Serato DJ, Serato is getting a share from the sales, of course.
deejdave 3:56 AM - 20 April, 2014
Daaaaaaamn!! You've been had. I got my 64 for $1799 the week of release. Free shipping and NO TAX too! Coulda the used the $400 saved (unless you payed tax or shipping on top in which case even more would have been saved) on Pitch N Time. It pays to research and ask around sometimes. Although they stopped carrying Rane products be sure to check out thedjhookup.com for prices like these. They are GREAT over there. BTW I even got my SRT for hundreds less than your 64. Only $1899 for the holy grail of Serato Mixers!! The Rane 64 is still a great mixer too though.

BTW yes they are an authorized dealer and Pitch N Time is actually the best keylock out there now and it is based off software that sells for anywhere from $400 to $700. Consider that and the $30 it costs is small fries.
pdidy 4:47 AM - 20 April, 2014
complaining about 30 bucks only to find out you got taken for $400+ = priceless.....lmao
popnwave 7:30 PM - 20 April, 2014
Heh, that's why it's a good idea not to complain about the cost of DJ'ing, VJ'ing, and other things in life. There's always someone who got a better deal out of luck or uber haggling skills.
deejdave 8:11 PM - 20 April, 2014
I would have to assume this was simply a lack of research as I would actually have trouble finding such a high price for the 64.