Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

PETITION TO ADD iTUNES STAR RATINGS IN SERATO LIBRARY

Night-System 1:51 PM - 18 April, 2014
Hello,
You are a professional DJ and you wish to use SERATO DJ for your DJ sets...
Nevertheless, the absence of certain functions (iTUNES STAR RATINGS ...) fact that you not using it ...

"iTunes Star Rating" is an elementary function to manage a big library
Manifest and sign this petition!

For my part, I use Pioneer CDJ & rekordbox but I want to buy the new controller Pioneer DDJ-SZ.
The absence of the "iTunes Star Rating" function fact that I can not buy it yet!
The Despicable Nyan Cat 11:17 AM - 20 April, 2014
Go to:
serato.com

They've already picked up on this idea...
Boozy 11:13 PM - 20 April, 2014
There a a bit of a work around to help out in the short term while this is implemented. Create a smart list within iTunes that has for example only your 5 star rated tunes. This playlist will appear in Serato.
Calleischmann 7:46 PM - 14 July, 2014
@Serato: Do it!!!! Now!!! I cannot believe the "iTunes Star-Rating" hasn't already been implemented in Serato DJ. We do not wanna wait anymore
DJ Durkan 3:12 PM - 15 July, 2014
+1

I've been asking for this star rating system for a while. It's easy to select songs that you know are good and move the crowds this way. Also helps manage large crates.

Please add this feature in the next update. It's about one of the only ones that has been left out.
Ghost13 2:23 PM - 5 August, 2014
Quote:
+1

"It's easy to select songs that you know are good and move the crowds this way. Also helps manage large crates."

Yes, that's exactly the point...rekordbox has this functionality since ages...Serato still not.

I have a lot of iTunes crates for example with Deep House and sub-categories...
Deep
Deep Chill
Deep Electro
Deep Funky
Deep Chicago

I only play the 4 & 5 stars... (5 are the ones i can play without difficulties in every party, 4 are the ones that i need to push and that are more "difficult" for the crowd ...

If i use only one category (for example 'Deep'), in my serato DJ software...i won't see the difference between these 2 types of tracks (the easy ones and the hard ones to play) of the same kind, what forces me to create intelligent files with both the 5 stars Deep track and the 4th stars Deep track...
...what means it doubles all the categories...and on a 13 inch Macbook pro...all space on the screen is important !

The "on the fly" rating could be perfect too to change rating of tracks that we thought good enough for the dancefloor but that finally don't really work and have no impact on the crowd while playing it.

Seriously Rane, this feature should be implemented since a while in your software as it would help a lot for our playlist.
Thanks by advance for it.
BERNUS-PREMIER 2:31 AM - 13 November, 2014
Hi everybody,

Totally agree with you guys, I just migrated from Traktor after 5 years, back to Serato and...
BANG !!! No star ratings still , too bad when you have a huge iTunes library (+50 000), especially on some long gigs (No big deal when you prepare a 1 or 2 hours DJ set but when you have to dig in different playlists for a 6 hours gig, another story without stars).

Please it just a small feature to implement that column, a few more lines on the script or may be I sell my brand new SX2 to get an S8 ;)

All the best,

B.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 2:43 PM - 17 November, 2014
I think the reason you haven't seen this implemented is because Serato is trying to phase out the use of iTunes for library management. It causes too many problems
BERNUS-PREMIER 3:30 PM - 17 November, 2014
I do understand that iTunes is a labyrinthine system whom code isn't optimise for djaying crates but when you listen, classify and manage a hundred tracks a day this program helps and gives a gateway between Serato & Traktor.

And by the way, iTunes library works like a charm in a traktor environment ;-)
I guess the problem is more a business model one in order to get rid of Apple's ecosystem.

If Serato gives us an easy rating system, I may adopt it, meanwhile I'll put stars
in the comment section/column as my brain has been trained for years to deal with tracks that way.

Anyway thx for your comment DJ Dynamite.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 4:34 PM - 17 November, 2014
No problem. I was using iTunes to organize my music until about 2 months ago. Since Serato implemented Smart Crates it seemed like there was less of a need for using iTunes to manage my library
BERNUS-PREMIER 6:23 PM - 17 November, 2014
Gonna test Smart Crates, thx 4 the tip.
viper9711 10:14 PM - 17 November, 2014
+1
Dj Nitronic 8:13 PM - 25 November, 2014
I loved the easy Star rating via iTunes..then i changed to Serato but there is still no implementation..please build it in for the next update..or give us an program to convert the Star rating from iTunes into colorcodes for Serato.
I think that would be very helpfull for many users out there
The Despicable Nyan Cat 2:21 PM - 26 November, 2014
If at least serato implemented its own star-rating system (dependent from iTunes), that would be fine for me.
Sludgeguts 2:32 PM - 18 April, 2015
+1
DJ WUMI 4:25 PM - 30 June, 2015
+1 im done wit serato i cant wait any longer
djpcbaaaby 4:11 AM - 24 July, 2015
+1 PLEASE SERATO! In my opinion Itunes 5 star rating is better than making crates & easier, less time consuming!
bohlrocka 11:28 PM - 21 August, 2015
+1
assit 1:37 AM - 15 September, 2015
+1
Sludgeguts 3:39 PM - 15 September, 2015
Hey Serato Rekordbox is coming out with version 4 and they havea star rating system in the software... Competition is hotting up.
acemc 4:34 PM - 17 September, 2015
+1
andretti 8:42 AM - 20 September, 2015
This is easily done in iTunes with this workaround:
I used the "Grouping" column
Add "Grouping" column in iTunes, select all songs with the same rating, for instance 5 stars, use "show info"and write a 5 in the "Grouping" column
Make Serato DJ show the "grouping" collum and you have your rating visible
acemc 9:04 AM - 20 September, 2015
There are many different 'work arounds' to do this.
Itunes already has a rating system which many of us used long before Serato.
For me to go back & apply a work around to my entire collection, along with changing my work-flow for the future just because Serato doesn't support it, really doesn't make sense.
This is basic feature request that's been asked since 2012!!
andretti 9:20 AM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
For me to go back & apply a work around to my entire collection, along with changing my work-flow for the future just because Serato doesn't support it, really doesn't make sense.

I agree it should be implemented, but if you take e moment to look at my solution you will see that this actually fits perfect in a workflow with iTunes ratings and you could also say that the number "5" takes up a lot less space on you screen then *****.
andretti 9:23 AM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:

and (sorry..) you could do this with you entire iTunes collection in 5 minutes.
acemc 9:23 AM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
"5" takes up a lot less space on you screen then *****

Good point, never even thought of that.
acemc 9:30 AM - 20 September, 2015
Quote:
use "show info"and write a 5 in the "Grouping" column

Just tried that, itunes doesn't edit multiple files together, perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
acemc 9:32 AM - 20 September, 2015
Sorry - I got it
alec.tron 4:16 AM - 8 September, 2016
Here's another attempt at a thread/petition to get star ratings to Serato (with a universally useful approach imo that also solves a few other problems, i.e. multi value metadata, aka more than 1 genre for a track...):
serato.com

Additionally, now that iTunes has forsaken it's 3rd party support / the xmls per default, you guys still using iTunes probably need to find a way to transfer your DB itunes rating to metadata anyway, no ?

Churs.
c.
ojo.dj 4:32 PM - 2 March, 2020
Hi there,

I bought the full Version of Serato DJ Pro in January and I want to use it with the Numark V7s. The iTunes Ratings are essential for me!
I am a visual guy. I'm not good in remembering names of Artist, Tracks and Albums.
Finding Tracks with the Covers and the Ratings is the way that I find the tracks in my huge library.
All other DJ softwares that I use and used (Rekordbox, Traktor and Algoriddim's djay) show the iTunes ratings.
I don't want to fill in the ratings for the 20.000 Tracks in my library by hand.

Back in the 2000s I was still djing with vinyl. This was a absolute visual thing. Find it still hard to remember the names of the tracks, artists, labels and albums.
But I know the Cover and the Label on the record ....

Please add this feature!

Kind regards
ojo
White Dj Ukraine 11:42 PM - 5 April, 2020
Полностью согласен и поддерживаю. Очень удобно видеть рейтинг треков и понимать актуальность
DJ Trice 1:48 PM - 19 February, 2021
+1
viper9711 5:17 PM - 27 January, 2022
Can't understand why this isn't finally implemented.

That's been asked for for years

Every cheap software has something like that
viper9711 5:20 PM - 27 January, 2022
But it should work in such a way that the rating is read from the ID tag - not from Itunes.

Itunes saves the rating in a separate file - not in the ID tag!
Rakurs 7:27 AM - 22 February, 2022
+1