Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Using Launchpad through Ableton to output through DDJ-SX Channel[s] 3 &/or 4

DJ Stereoscopic 10:51 AM - 17 April, 2014
I want to know if it is at all possible to have my launchpad running like normal through ableton but the audio being sent through my DDJ-SX as a mixer while performing normal DJ functions with Serato DJ (up to date)?

Launchpad (triggers sounds) > Ableton (reads and sends out info/audio) > TO EITHER - Serato DJ (via computer) or - DDJ-SX (via auxiliary cord) > Speakers (master output)

Hopefully this makes sense, i can explain more if needed.

Mods can move this to appropriate area if im in the wrong place.
boabmatic 11:58 AM - 17 April, 2014
You can do this on the rane mixers as they have core audio drivers to be used as a soundcard in other software programs....

Are you able to use the DDJ-SX as a soundcard for ableton?
Draven1327 2:26 PM - 17 April, 2014
you can use sx as a sound card for ableton ive done it before but never at the same time. i think ableton will just come across the mains...... but i'll check when i get home.

i'll probably end up using it like this, eventually still learning ableton though :-)

i am really hoping they implement mid clock out so that you can sync ableton or maschine with serato. right now it will only come as separate audio. you will have to ride the pitch slider while playing.
boabmatic 4:11 PM - 17 April, 2014
If you can use the SX as a sound card you should be able to use it at the same time as SDJ. (well it does with the 62)

With the 62 you can use it as a soundcard with Ableton and SDJ at the same time.
I had ableton audio coming in on Deck 2 (via USB) of the 62 while scratching on deck 1 in SDJ. (only one USB connected to my laptop)
I also then had a track set up in Ableton to record the post fader output of deck 1 from the mixer. (again via the same USB cable)

You can also Sync to Machine with rane 62/64.
dj.rane.com

I don't know enough about the SX hardware to know if this is possible with it?
DJ Stereoscopic 9:57 AM - 18 April, 2014
I have serato running and ableton running as a mic input on channel 4 via aux from computer to that larger jack adapter to the mic in. I have the ability to use channel 4 as usual but its really bad quality, trim at ~20% but no HQ coming through.

If someone has another way to have ableton output to a deck via USB id love to hear it, im going to use a splitter for the output on my laptop and run an L R audio cable to the input on channel 4 and see how that sounds.

thanks everyone!
DJ Stereoscopic 10:08 AM - 18 April, 2014
Using a splitter (or 3.5mm jack to L R audio cable) with dual L R audio cables worked. Cleaned it up! still would like to have ableton output to my ddj-sx since its a soundcard -_-