DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Anybody Have Trouble fitting DDJ-SZ into Booths?

DJ SwaggaBack 11:02 PM - 16 April, 2014
Is the DDJ-SZ too big?
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:58 AM - 17 April, 2014
Booth size varies per location. So you are better off doing your own testing

Approximate SZ dimension: 35"x17" not including room for cable

Width 17". Is almost identical to a turntable in battle position.
DJ Boss Sounds 3:03 AM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Is the DDJ-SZ too big?

Who are you? This is why I hate the synch button- it created a bunch of clowns.
deejdave 3:07 AM - 17 April, 2014
I would sure hope NOT!! Where u spinnin munchkinland? If you can fit only TWO TURNTABLES you can fit the SZ.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 1:14 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Is the DDJ-SZ too big?

LMAO!!!!! +1

It all started with the little Vitual DJ Hercules mixer that was the size of an Xbox Controller.... lmao
DJ SwaggaBack 5:19 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I'm a beginner DJ looking for constructive advice from professionals who have experience.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 5:36 PM - 17 April, 2014
DjSwaggaBack welcome to djaying.

Even if the SZ does not fit in a booth, you just have to make it work.

I have djayed in so many different booths that I have almost have to improvise placement of gear.

Good luck!
Mighty Dragon Sounds 5:48 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
DjSwaggaBack welcome to djaying.

Even if the SZ does not fit in a booth, you just have to make it work.

I have djayed in so many different booths that I have almost have to improvise placement of gear.

Good luck!

+1

Not enough room for two turntables and a mixer??? 1 Turntable and Mixer playing instant doubles.....

Not enough room for that.....

Rane mixer by itself with full internal......

Otherwise if I had my VCI still.... that would go there.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:34 PM - 17 April, 2014
If you can't fit 2 tables and a mixer in the booth well the owner needs a little lesson on how we as djs work and the proper space to do our jobs..........
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:39 PM - 17 April, 2014
Need an edit button!!

I mean if the owners aren't going to provide good quality gear for us to play on anymore then at the very least make the dam booth big enough so I can use whatever I want and be comfortable while playing.......
deejdave 8:56 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
If you can't fit 2 tables and a mixer in the booth well the owner needs a little lesson on how we as djs work and the proper space to do our jobs..........

Spot on. As a matter of fact if they don't have this sort of room it may speak for itself as to what to expect for the night.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:32 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm a beginner DJ looking for constructive advice from professionals who have experience.

Thats funny in another thread you said you a pro from waaaaay back who got robbed....we dont believe you you need more people!
DJ Boss Sounds 9:45 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thats funny in another thread you said you a pro from waaaaay back who got robbed....we dont believe you you need more people!

+1
DJ SwaggaBack 9:48 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just trying to be humble. Was hoping that I could minimize personal attacks and degradation in favor of constructive advice. (It failed to work)

Former DJ who's getting back into DJing, ... better?
DJ Boss Sounds 9:51 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
I'm a beginner DJ looking for con

Well, I NOT a beginner. I am, however, a professional. These boards will offer some great information to those who seek it as well as entertainment. YOU, sir, are now providing us entertainment! You claim to be an experienced DJ but you're asking stupid questions.

Anyways, I'm the resident troll who hates the synch button and PCs. Welcome to the boards!
DJ SwaggaBack 10:00 PM - 17 April, 2014
Well I'm glad I'm providing entertainment for you.

It's ok.. some people have been very helpful and I'm glad for those people.
pdidy 10:30 PM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Well I'm glad I'm providing entertainment for you.

It's ok.. some people have been very helpful and I'm glad for those people.

the_gay_one aka the_black_one aka mastermind..... is that you again ?
DJ SwaggaBack 10:34 PM - 17 April, 2014
no
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:40 PM - 17 April, 2014
Lawd...... Ah mercy........
mr187 9:42 PM - 29 April, 2014
Quote:
Lawd...... Ah mercy........

Lol thats what they have been saying for lord have mercy never really knew what they was saying

Quote:
Quote:

Spot on. As a matter of fact if they don't have this sort of room it may speak for itself as to what to expect for the night.

that is why some of us grab the closest table we can find set it near the dj booth and setup our coffin right there. it is kinda ghetto but it will get you through the night.