DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Anyone using Sync with Turntables or CDJs yet?

Mighty Dragon Sounds 2:41 PM - 16 April, 2014
I turned it on twice when 1.6 first came out...........

And then I stopped using it............

Think I might try it again this weekend to see if it really makes a huge difference.

When using controllers I would turn it on and it would free up a hand which allows me to keep one hand on my Mic and one hand on the controller at all times..... versus every now and then putting the mic in my pocket or between my legs.

Maybe it just the fact that its turntables and it doesn't feel natural syncing them.
boabmatic 3:39 PM - 16 April, 2014
I dont have Sync on load or snap to beat grid enabled with 1200's and a rane 62.
Didn't like how it would always sync each track on load.

But sometimes I'll use the sync button to save tempo matching the decks when instant doubling. (although I've requested a feature to be added where you could check "SYNC on instant double" with DVS as it currently does this in INT mode but not in REL mode.
phonze 3:40 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
"SYNC on instant double" with DVS as it currently does this in INT mode but not in REL mode.

That's a really good idea actually
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:47 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
"SYNC on instant double" with DVS as it currently does this in INT mode but not in REL mode.

That's a really good idea actually

Oh yea +1

I like using it when using a Long Drawn Out Echo..... I would engage the echo in a loop fashion and kept sync on with the next track load so that the echo wouldn't loose timing.
phonze 5:16 PM - 16 April, 2014
I'd need to use it mainly because I'm a left hand on the record only kind of guy, so any sort of cutting/scratching I always go instant double to drag the song onto the right turntable and throw it into INT so the pitch stays the same. It would be awesome if I didn't have to put it into INT.
Jeff Scott 7:43 PM - 16 April, 2014
Sync with turntables worked terribly for me on the 2 occasions i'v messed about with it.

TTs are fine and beatgrids are tight.

Similar for you guys?
pdidy 11:00 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:

When using controllers I would turn it on and it would free up a hand which allows me to keep one hand on my Mic and one hand on the controller at all times..... versus every now and then putting the mic in my pocket or between my legs.

your real problem is you need a good www.guitarcenter.com I cant play comfortably without them, gota have my hands free to play my best.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 11:25 AM - 17 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

your real problem is you need a good www.guitarcenter.com I cant play comfortably without them, gota have my hands free to play my best.

Yea but for some odd reason the crowd reacts differently when they see mic in hand vs mic on a stand...... At least from my vantage point.
jmims 1:21 PM - 17 April, 2014
+1
mr187 9:49 PM - 29 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea but for some odd reason the crowd reacts differently when they see mic in hand vs mic on a stand...... At least from my vantage point.

should have said : Yea but for some odd reason the crowd reacts differently when they see mic in hand vs the mic in my pocket or between my legs. LOL