Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

left table goes backward in inst and rel mode

Product
Scratch Live
Version
Hardware
Rane SL1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
zachp 7:50 PM - 13 April, 2014
Hi,

I am setting up my Serato. Its been out of commission in a box for a couple years after being used w/o problem.

When I set everything up, I am having an issue where my left turntable when working as a controller is having issues. Playback is fine in general but when in ABS and REL mode the turntable is sending a signal that is being read by Serato as going backward. So Serato essentially starts the track at 0:00 and then goes backward. On the right turntable there is no issue, queued digital track starts at 0:00 and goes forward in all ABS AND REL.

Both sides playback the Phone just fine. Both sides playback in INST mode of digital tracks fine. However on INST mode, as you might expect, the default mode it starts off on for the left table is backward.

Thanks,

-Zach
Dj matty k 8:22 PM - 13 April, 2014
Swap the RCA cable red and white going into your sl box from your turntable
Cheers Matt
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:45 PM - 14 April, 2014
Yes... sounds like either you're not getting a proper signal coming from your decks (not a full left/right signal) or there is a short somewhere on your turntable that is inverting the signal.
If you still see circles in the scope views than the signal is inverted. A quick fix, as Matty said, is to reverse the rca jacks coming from the turntable so that the red jack goes into the white input of the SL1 and the white jack goes into the red input.
10:09 PM, 10 Jun 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.