Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

MIDI capabilities

icb 9:11 PM - 9 April, 2014
Need them in Serato DJ, pls make sure you add them asap, so we (SSL users) can finally switch to SDJ.
joachimj 10:47 PM - 9 April, 2014
+10000
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:04 PM - 11 April, 2014
Well, there are MIDI capabilities for most functions visible on the screen right now, but I assume you are talking more about the MIDI panel.

I have posted a reply here: serato.com

I can't promise any exact date, but I can confidently say this is in the works.
icb 9:08 AM - 12 April, 2014
Quote:
Well, there are MIDI capabilities for most functions visible on the screen right now, but I assume you are talking more about the MIDI panel.

That's exactly what I meant Martin. So far SDJ is unusable for us SSL users who are so accustomed to it.
Bernard 12:57 AM - 13 April, 2014
The software is good but we need this ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!!
Serato, Support
Martin C 7:45 AM - 13 April, 2014
I agree that Serato DJ currently is not ideal for those Scratch Live users who have become accustomed to using their MIDI controller mapped to the controls that the MIDI panel offers.

We will be implementing this feature as soon as possible.
joachimj 2:21 PM - 13 April, 2014
Quote:

With MIDI OUT ?.... :-)
Serato, Support
Martin C 10:55 PM - 13 April, 2014
We have plans for that, but it is not considered quite as urgent the MIDI panel feature right now.

It its unlikely it will roll out within the same version, but we will be doing it, I can assure you.
DJunderdogg 4:03 PM - 15 April, 2014
Definitely need a MIDI panel for Serato DJ. I recently made the switch from (Rane TTM57SL SSL) to Rane Sixty One and SDJ and with all the improvements there are some key missing elements. As mentioned above I have definitely grown accustomed to my custom MIDI mapping.

For example, I don’t see how you can MIDI map things in Serato DJ that are not visually shown when you click “enable MIDI assign mode,” There seems to be no “MIDI assignment box” to Load a selected track into either left or right deck or any other function from Keyboard Shortcuts that you can not visually see when you click the MIDI assign mode button in Serato DJ. It seems this can be accomplished with the MIDI Panel.
joachimj 6:06 PM - 15 April, 2014
And we need MIDI OUT for all the knobs too (I control Serato with an iPad). I hope they will fix all the little bugs in SSL (midi out not sending infos when the SP6 panel is hiden, etc...)