Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video 1.2 videomix

deejay_3sakti 12:46 PM - 8 April, 2014
First upgrade to serato DJ 1.6.1 and serato video 1.2, my laptop cannot record the videomix, there is message "not receiving video frame. try restarting Serato DJ and/your computer", but after i update my version into 10.9.2 and also the Quick time, then it solve the problem, i can record the videomix until 1hours 8 minutes and then it stop by it self, when i try to hit the record again its not working, so i left it coz i'm in the middle of my gigs :D I have no idea what is goin on... i am using output quality high and record quality 480p

here is my video :

Watchvimeo.com
Code:E 5:13 PM - 8 April, 2014
1 hour and 8 min that wont be a small video file. how much hard drive space do you have left?
deejay_3sakti 5:41 PM - 8 April, 2014
Quote:
1 hour and 8 min that wont be a small video file. how much hard drive space do you have left?

i have about 50GB left... my videomix made about approx 4GB
Code:E 6:01 PM - 8 April, 2014
you should always have 15-20% of your hard drives total capacity always open and free. I dont know if thats why your recording stopped but its a good thing to follow.
DJ Tecniq 5:46 AM - 9 April, 2014
Quote:
First upgrade to serato DJ 1.6.1 and serato video 1.2, my laptop cannot record the videomix, there is message "not receiving video frame. try restarting Serato DJ and/your computer", but after i update my version into 10.9.2 and also the Quick time, then it solve the problem, i can record the videomix until 1hours 8 minutes and then it stop by it self, when i try to hit the record again its not working, so i left it coz i'm in the middle of my gigs :D I have no idea what is goin on... i am using output quality high and record quality 480p

here is my video :

Watchvimeo.com
question..why is the video recording cropped? Is that how SDJ records it? Just curious cause I use screen flow and it came out like this ---> Watchvimeo.com
deejay_3sakti 10:24 AM - 10 April, 2014
Quote:
question..why is the video recording cropped? Is that how SDJ records it? Just curious cause I use screen flow and it came out like this ---> Watchvimeo.com

i saw your video look full screen on vimeo, i have no idea about mine, forget when i edit it on iMovie, must be the setup of Frame Size, what setup did u use?
deejay_3sakti 10:26 AM - 10 April, 2014
Quote:
you should always have 15-20% of your hard drives total capacity always open and free. I dont know if thats why your recording stopped but its a good thing to follow.

no i am trying to make some space for my HD, thnks for your suggestion :)
DJ Tecniq 4:40 PM - 10 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

i saw your video look full screen on vimeo, i have no idea about mine, forget when i edit it on iMovie, must be the setup of Frame Size, what setup did u use?
I didn't edit in iMovie I just saved straight from screenflow. However there is a option to save at full screen in iMovie too
DJ Tecniq 4:47 PM - 10 April, 2014
I iMovie there's also a crop button that probably needed to be unchecked to view at full screen. You lose image quality with cropping which is why I asked.
deejay_3sakti 10:17 PM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:
I iMovie there's also a crop button that probably needed to be unchecked to view at full screen. You lose image quality with cropping which is why I asked.

I'll check my setup ....thnks for your info bro....