Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

SERATO DJ CUTTING OFF DURING PLAY.

DJ ZOBOP 3:46 AM - 5 April, 2014
Did Serato solved the cutting off issues for SDJ.

I have a macbook w/OS 10.7

2 Gig RAM

DDJ-SX.

it is really frustrating. Please help.
DJ ZOBOP 5:33 AM - 5 April, 2014
I mean "did Serato solve...not solved"
Felonyruckus 10:24 AM - 18 April, 2014
Add more RAM 2 gig of RAM is the minimum spec for Serato DJ. What are the specs of the rest of your MacBook?
Serato, Support
Terence M 4:45 AM - 12 May, 2014
Hey Dj ZOBOP,

Just though I would chime in as Felonyruckus has pointed out 2gb RAM is the minimum specs to be running Serato DJ you can check out all the specs here.

serato.com

If you have any issues in the future you can either open a help request in the support area of the website or you can contact our tech team at support@serato.com.
Stefko 6:23 AM - 31 May, 2014
Quote:
Just though I would chime in as Felonyruckus has pointed out 2gb RAM is the minimum specs to be running Serato DJ you can check out all the specs here.

Hey Terence M,

I'm running 8gb RAM in my macbook and I ran into the same problem - in the space of about 2hrs, I had 4 (minor) cut-outs. NOTE: this only happens when I use Serato DJ and my Vestax VCI-300. Absolutely no issues when using my SL2 with Scratch Live and vinyl..

Any thoughts?
Felonyruckus 7:11 AM - 31 May, 2014
Stefko, what are the specs on your computer? I don't think I'm lucky but, I haven't had ANY issues with my computers running any Serato programs except an out-of-date, under-spec PowerBook trying to run Serato Itch, I knew it would have problems but, I wanted to test it.
Stefko 8:39 AM - 31 May, 2014
Hi Felonyrukus! It's not the newest but definitely not out of date..

2009 macbook pro 2.53GHz Intel Core duo
8GB RAM
MAC OS X 10.6.8
250GB Samsung HDD

I run almost everything else off this mac and the only thing that has an issue is SDJ. I should mention that the USB light flashes most when I duplicate a track..

I even make sure the front USB port is being used as the front port runs at full speed. If I use the back port, there is just way too much lag.

Thanks for your help!
Felonyruckus 10:34 AM - 31 May, 2014
Stefko, the 8GB RAM isn't going to help you much you are barely at minimum spec so that's what I would suspect your problems lie. Yeah I always make sure I use that left front USB always. Serato Scratch Live doesn't need as much "horsepower", the minimum specs are much lower and only needs 2GB of RAM so, that's why you don't have problems with it.

I always make sure if I'm going to buy a computer I try to to get as best as I can afford if I'm going to be using it for DJing. I think that is where your problems lie.

Definitely use Scratch Live with your computer but, Serato DJ is a lot more hardware intensive and really pushes it.

Good luck!
Stefko 9:51 PM - 3 June, 2014
Thanks Felonyruckus.
Upgrading the RAM actually made a difference but, you're right, I need more 'oomph'.. I've had this Mac for over 4 years and it's done the trick but it seems (like everything technological), I need to upgrade.

Thanks again!
Felonyruckus 9:18 AM - 4 June, 2014
no problem, yeah unfortunately technology tends to date itself quite quickly although if you get a used i7 chip it should tide you over for a long while, that is of course you don't want to spend money on a brand new machine

Good luck