Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Pitch 'n Time

Product
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
RudoThorne 6:46 AM - 19 March, 2014
Even though I have Core 2 Duo 64 bit: 2.4 GHz MacBook Pro with *16GB* RAM, Pitch 'n Time DJ is still not recommended?

* i5 or i7+ recommended when using Pitch 'n Time DJ*
4:06 AM, 31 May 2014
Discussion moved to Pitch 'n Time Studio Plug-in Help
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:11 PM - 2 June, 2014
Hi RudoThorne,

Yes the minimum specifications for Serato DJ and Pitch 'n Time DJ can be found at the bottom of this page > serato.com

You might still have some success running the Pitch 'n Time DJ expansion, however we do not support the use of computers lower than the minimum specification.

Regards
Shane C 1:43 PM - 5 September, 2014
Pith and Time is a complete waste of money. It says it will allow for EXTREME time and pitch changes, but it doesn't do anything more than the program serato already does. I contacted Costumer Service and they basically told me I am out my money, and that Pitch and Time expansion never claims to increase to Extreme Time or Pitch, that it only allows for the pitch to remain at a constant. This is complete BS, as Serato did not change a bit after install, Nothing was noticeable, therefor I requested a refund, but of course the expansion pack not doing a dam thing is my fault, the costumer!
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:02 PM - 7 September, 2014
Hi Shane,

What controller are you using? Most (not all) controllers have the ability to go between 8%, 16% and 50% pitch ranges, combined with Pitch 'n Time DJ that's 100% of an available tempo value to use, pretty extreme if you ask me. Let me try to clear things up though, you might be confused between a keylock feature and pitch range.

Quote:
It says it will allow for EXTREME time and pitch changes, but it doesn't do anything more than the program serato already does.

Not true, the sentence you are referring to states that it is able to keep it's key while you are speeding up and slowing down your track to extreme levels (drastic adjustment of the tempo slider on your controller).

"Pitch ’n Time DJ allows you to speed up or slow down your track to extreme tempo values while maintaining its key perfectly, with the highest quality and definition of any available software".

It does not mention that it gives you the ability to adjust your track in extreme values if your controller can not already do so, it says Pitch 'n Time maintains the key perfectly. Pitch range in Serato DJ is hardware dependant and varies on each controller. Pitch 'n Time is a high quality keylock algorithm, that replaces the original keylock in Serato DJ, not the pitch range of the controller. If your controller is only capable of a certain range, Pitch 'n Time DJ can not modify that.

Quote:
I contacted Costumer Service and they basically told me I am out my money, and that Pitch and Time expansion never claims to increase to Extreme Time or Pitch, that it only allows for the pitch to remain at a constant.

Yes this is true, we never claimed that.

The feature is a keylock, which has the functionality of what you described (keeping the track in key). Pitch 'n Time is a high quality keylock upgrade if you are into slowing and speeding up your tracks. Serato DJ already has a built in keylock yes, but you are paying for the upgraded pitching algorithm of our award winning Pitch 'n Time software.

Quote:
This is complete BS, as Serato did not change a bit after install, Nothing was noticeable

Make sure you activate Pitch 'n Time DJ in the Setup screen so it will enable the expansion pack, then press the keylock button on the virtual deck (you will notice the icon switch from a musical note to the Pitch 'n Time logo) to enable the advanced keylock.

Regards
2:00 AM, 22 Apr 2015
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.