Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

how to delete music from serato dj

Dj Michi 2:15 AM - 18 March, 2014
ok so I want to delete all the music I have played from serato dj I have not created any music crates as knew I had to make some changes with music in my hard drive but now I'm ready, and now I'm getting the lightening bolt symbol and it saying it can't be found how do i delete all of what serato sees so i can start fresh!!! tks. much Dj Michi
Devilboy4u247 7:46 PM - 25 March, 2014
There are 2 ways to delete files from your serato.
1. Delete the file and send it to the recycle bin if it is on you primary hard drive of delete perminantly from an external hard drive.
2. Delete just from serato software but file will remain at its current location.

If all the files have Lighting bolts and they cannot be found just go to "All" in the left pane and then click on a song in the right side and then press command+A to select all then
Option 1:
press command+shift+delete. (Note: This will send the file to recycle bin if it was found in serato)
Option 2:
For files that are found and you do not want to send to the Recycle Bin but you do want to delete then from Serato press command+delete.

On PC computers replace "command" key with the "Control" key
dj cutsnake 1:14 AM - 3 April, 2015
hey Johnny Walker
i followed your process for option 2 once i have selected all files (ctrl/A) and then (ctrl/delete) nothing happens?? the files stay highlighted any ideas?
thanks col
WarpNote 9:08 AM - 6 April, 2015
@cutsnake.
Go into Setup > Library + Display > Protect Library
Then turn that option off.
dj cutsnake 2:31 AM - 7 April, 2015
Thanks so much for all help
WarpNote 7:52 AM - 7 April, 2015
You're welcome snake :D
JTI 4:51 AM - 30 September, 2015
@WarpNote,
I'm having the same issue. I have Serato DJ Intro, and when I go to Setup, there is no Library tab. Please help.
WarpNote 8:05 AM - 30 September, 2015
Actually, I've since deleted DJ intro as I have no use for it. (SDJ all the way)

I installed Serato DJ Intro 1.2.6 today, but was not able to load my library anymore.
Stalled for about 10-15 min, and then I gave up... ;-)

However, remember that if you are reading the iTunes library, you'll need to delete the tracks from iTunes. If you're not reading the iTunes lib, I'd open a help ticket...
JTI 8:12 PM - 1 October, 2015
@WarpNote,
Thanks, you're awesome. I was reading from iTunes, and my phone apps were showing up in Serato, so I ended up just deleting them from iTunes. Didn't see any other way around it.

@Serato, please fix this. :)
WarpNote 8:28 PM - 1 October, 2015
Serato is working on a fix, at least for SDJ, not sure about intro.
Maybe time to invest in a full DJ application anyway, and leave intro for the noobs?
djtony1952 4:47 PM - 9 December, 2016
can i send you my team viewer and you help me pleased thank you my brother if your not too busy
djtony1952 4:50 PM - 9 December, 2016
i need your help thank you