Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Need help with recording using DJ Intro on Mac OS X

ostrich 10:14 PM - 17 March, 2014
I've seen other threads stating to use Audacity you can go to system preferences/sound and change the output headphone port to mic input however due to the Macs internal microphone I can't seem to do this.

I'm using a Mixtrack Pro with DJ Intro

Is there a way to do this using Audacity or does anyone recommend another method to record off DJ intro.

Thanks!
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:42 AM - 18 March, 2014
Hi ostrich,

I will move this into the general discussion area, as more people will be able to help you out :)

The best way to record using DJ Intro is via a third-party application (doesn't have to be Audacity but it is free) or by using a portable recording device.

Regards
2:42 AM, 18 Mar 2014
Discussion moved to Serato DJ Intro General Discussion
ostrich 8:23 AM - 18 March, 2014
Hello Scott S,

But how can this be done? As I can't seem to alter my headphone port to a recording input on my Mac? Please help

Thanks
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:03 PM - 18 March, 2014
When you put a mini-stereo plug in the combination audio port, your computer will automatically detect the device and use the device as an analog output device.

If you want to set up the port as an audio input device, you can manually switch from using the port as an output device in the Sound pane of System Preferences. Follow these steps:

• Plug the input audio device into the combination audio port using the proper adapter cable.
• From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
• Choose Sound from the View menu.
• Click the Input tab.
• Change the "Use audio for:" menu selection from Sound Output to the Sound Input.

The device type should change from "Internal Microphone/Built-in Input" to "Line In/Built-in Input". Your audio input device is now ready to use.

Cheers
Tris Tusa 1:51 PM - 22 September, 2014
I have a macbook pro newer than 2012 and it doesn't have the 'use audio for' drop down menu therefore I cannot make my RCA an input microphone so cannot record using audacity….can someone help?
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:20 AM - 23 September, 2014
Hi Tris,

You can buy hand-held recorders, or plug the output of your controller into another recording device to record your mix. Not all computers have the ability to change the Output to an Input like described above - if your computer does not have this function you will need to use an external recording device to record your mix.

Regards