Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato DJ, Numark V7,4 deck support (March 2014)

imconnectedsostfuoracceptmynickname 3:27 AM - 7 March, 2014
forum/discussion/1237497

"If you want this function in the future please feel free to open new thread on our "Serato DJ Feature Suggestions" forum. (serato.com)"

Ok. I understand your argument:

"They are only deck A or B switch (Need C or D switch) on the unit so I think it is impossible"

But the only problem deriving from that, would be the fact that the user could not control all 4 decks on one device but could "only" control 2 decks on each V7... Seems rather fair and normal to me...

In link mode only one device outputs sound, so it is logical to assume that the patch cable can not transfer audio data.

The obvious solution: integrating 4 deck mode via an external sound interface.

That has been "seen" in the X7 altough the abilities stated ("Dual USB - DJs can transition sync and perform together) made very unclear if 4deck support on one laptop would be available, exactly as in the V7 promotion: "in fact it is enterely possible for two DJ's to tag team on like this way, playing up to 4 tracks at a time". You might call me paranoid but i find this intentionally misleading. Especially when it opens the question on what was the use of this dubious piece of hardware i can not find in europe's biggest musicstore. Just enhanced sync functions? And all in all a whole mixer for this minor task makes the whole modular aspect of the V7 completely obsolete... But to get back to the topic

An external sound interface allowing to output 4 decks via 4 different stereo RCA cable exits. So the V7 can "focus" on just midi-control. That does not seem impossible, even if there is one problem: in order to activate link mode the deck switch must be configured and can not be switched over. So put in two entries for lan cables on the sound interface.

As said that is the obvious solution (to satisfy your customers, make some money and pollute some environment). A much more smarter approach would be this:

(i have been told that in windows one programm can not use multiple sound interfaces, i don't know if that's true or if nobody has tried hard enough)

Enhance the V7 control panel so we can actually plug in both devices via USB and make the system recognize them as left and right (and ability to switch sides if necessary). Then you put a little checkbox in to the preferences which is called "allow multiple instances" (ableton has done it). Et voila. Now it might be that on some screens it is impossible to show all the information of both programs. But we do not mind not being able to see all 4 waveforms (altough restore window size function could be very useful to create a workaround) we do not mind not being able to sync all 4 decks. We are DJ's beatmatching is our job, what we do mind is carrying some extra hardware that weighs heavy and might get stolen (like a second laptop).

And to those worried that a second DJ might not take over flawlessly: end one instance of the software, unplug, plug, and so on...

But i guess this must be the 1 000 000st post about this.... i really wonder what happened, has the original engineering team left or are you just this greedy that the only thing that you want is flooding the market with mediocre products (which is a shame, the V7 has everything it needs to beat CDJ's: a real platter. I admit it is not perfect but almost! And nothing a software torque adjust couldn't fix, even on very old hardware that has suffered a lot)

I know the whole thing wouldn't be entirely as plug and play as the rest of your products, but is that a reason to lay off so many costumers? Just because we like it to be easy to use doesn't mean we're to stupid to do a little configuration.
DjHI 3:39 PM - 15 February, 2015
amen brother! amen!

youtu.be

Watchvimeo.com
stepping_dragon 5:07 AM - 21 April, 2015
I don't know why this cant be just sorted out once and for all, I love the V7... anyway +1 if anyone out there cares.
Tommy R 2:14 PM - 21 April, 2015
+1. I love my V7's.
dj smiley 01 8:50 PM - 24 April, 2015
i want this feature
katmoda 11:11 AM - 25 April, 2015
I want this feature too!