Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Request: CDJ-350 HID Support

djsergioluiz 10:19 PM - 1 March, 2014
Please add HID support to Scratch DJ for the CDJ-350.
TorchDNB 1:17 PM - 13 March, 2014
+1
djsergioluiz 4:21 PM - 4 May, 2014
?
_jeri_ 9:19 AM - 8 May, 2014
+1
Vassilis_Laz 7:54 AM - 9 May, 2014
+1
Panos Par 3:57 AM - 1 June, 2014
+1
Rodrigoke 2:30 PM - 18 November, 2014
+1
This would be my push to start using DJ again.
sudo 4:20 AM - 19 November, 2014
As far as I can tell there are no plans to offer support from the 350, 850, or 900. I don't know what the deal is but it really interferes with my ability to use DJ, especially since the 900 was supported in SSL.
deejdave 4:27 AM - 19 November, 2014
Uhhhhh the 900 & 850 are BOTH supported by SDJ serato.com ........
Quote:
especially since the 900 was supported in SSL.

ALL THREE were supported by SSL serato.com This is public info and not new info by any means.
deejdave 4:42 AM - 19 November, 2014
ANYWAYS regarding the 350 I would say at this point it is looking grim with the introduction of the XDJ-1000 pioneerdj.com I would say this has been bumped down from probable to unlikely IMO...... More likely to see a supported XDJ-350.
sudo 7:05 AM - 19 November, 2014
My bad. Support took so long that I just gave up and stopped looking.
deejdave 7:23 AM - 19 November, 2014
The 900 has been supported since December 2013 with the 850 early this year in March. They were actually pretty quick with the support IMO. The new XDJ-1000 replaces the CDJ-850 so we can probably expect a beginner version like an XDJ-350 as well as pro model/s at LEAST a XDJ-2000.

This would ALL depend on how well the XDJ-1000 does sales-wise. I am being told that the XDJ-1000 is already gaining popularity and pre-orders. The XDJ-1000 will retail for $999 so it can be purchased for about $100 less. All things considered I think the options are piling up here anyways. Could be a nice time to upgrade.

That ALL being said I have always though they SHOULD support the 350. DEF NOT the 400 as that just gives the wrong message and is a huge step backwards BUT def the 350.
sudo 8:35 AM - 19 November, 2014
The 350 is still being sold new. And the HID support on it works fine in other software. I have a pair myself for my mobile setup and they are decent little decks.

As for older decks like the 400, well, I guess it's a question of what Serato is trying to do. If the interest is helping me make my software work the way I'd like it to after buying a supported controller or sound interface (or a DJ upgrade) then there's no reason not to support older decks like the 400 - its HID support should enable it to work just fine, and it has such support with other software. If we're just using it as a controller then the 400 actually offers a Serato user some more features than the 350. But if the interest is in helping Pioneer sell more, newer equipment? That's a different matter. I don't see how making more stuff work better is a "huge step backwards."
deejdave 3:59 PM - 19 November, 2014
Trust that Serato is ALL about making MORE stuff work better. Look at the amount of options you have natively over all the other apps. This is just a question of where do you draw the line. The line was drawn at the SL1 and TTM-57SL. Unfortunately a line will be drawn somewhere in regards to players as well.

The 400 is flat out an old outdated unit. When the concept ov progress is considered one must consider what progress really means.

Keep in mind not one person on this planet purchased the CDJ-350 OR the 400 for use with SDJ. They may have purchased with the intent of using with SSL but that is a different animal altogether.

Furthermore we have the opportunities we have with Pioneer products BECAUSE of their "partnership" so hating on said partnership to me makes no sense.

Quote:
I guess it's a question of what Serato is trying to do.

Bottom line as a business Serato would/SHOULD be trying to make money first & foremost. If this concept did not exist there would be no Serato.

I certainly hope you did not the 350 OR 400 with intention of using with SDJ?
Rodrigoke 2:10 PM - 20 November, 2014
In my case there's a club that is running CDJ-350's.
Due to that reason I'm still running Serato ScratchLive instead of DJ... (that, together with a problem I had with DJ which made me unable to use serato in the middle of a B2B session)
sudo 4:38 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
Bottom line as a business Serato would/SHOULD be trying to make money first & foremost. If this concept did not exist there would be no Serato.

Why should I care about that? I'm not a shareholder. If it doesn't do what I would like it to do then it's not useful to me. Things are different when it comes to supported controllers, but when you buy (for example) a Rane interface, you're basically paying for the Serato license. The software should work to support you as a customer. The customer isn't Pioneer.

Quote:
I certainly hope you did not the 350 OR 400 with intention of using with SDJ?

The 350 was introduced before SDJ came out. But there's no reason they can't work with SDJ. It's still a new deck, you still need a Rane box to use it, and there's no reason it shouldn't be supported.
deejdave 4:55 PM - 25 November, 2014
Quote:
Why should I care about that? I'm not a shareholder. If it doesn't do what I would like it to do then it's not useful to me. Things are different when it comes to supported controllers, but when you buy (for example) a Rane interface, you're basically paying for the Serato license. The software should work to support you as a customer. The customer isn't Pioneer.

The customer is us. If there is No Serato then technically we wouldn't have this issue either. The SL boxes act as dongles and you are paying for the Serato license AS WELL AS A SOUND CARD. When you buy a supported mixer YOU ARE STILL paying for the license, sound card AND other features. Same for Pro controllers which is why both pro controllers AND mixers are USUALLY more money than the interfaces. You don't JUST get the license and a sound card.

ALL those being said you get the license to use the software and hardware that Serato offers. NOT get the license to use anything you please. You purchased the 350's for use with SSL. As a matter of fact it seems you purchased the SL box for use with SSL. Last I checked BOTH work with SSL to this day. That means they fulfilled their end of the contract. Bringing older gear over to SDJ is something they were not REQUIRED to do by any means. There is nothing wrong with asking in my eyes which is why they even go out of their way to offer feature requests ^^^^. However demanding?
Quote:
The 350 was introduced before SDJ came out. But there's no reason they can't work with SDJ. It's still a new deck, you still need a Rane box to use it, and there's no reason it shouldn't be supported.

Unfortunately this is NOT for us to decide. Listen I am with you. I personally feel the 350 SHOULD be supported. I feel the 400 is pas generation though so should NOT be. Just my opinions. The line has to be drawn somewhere right. I mean is Serato FOREVER obligated to support EVERY device they EVER did? Obviously NOT as they cut the SL1 and TTM57SL.
DJ TooHypE 4:08 AM - 25 March, 2017
+1 on CDJ-350
Thou I'm still using CDJ-400
serato.com