DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Whats the best USB MIDI mixer & decks thats plug and play with serato??

anthonywatkins 3:09 PM - 19 February, 2014
Hello.

i need a new pair of cd desks and a new mixer as ive had mine since 2008 (they were bought 2nd hand) and have servsed me well but are on the way out.

when i saw the Pioneer DDJ-SX my heart was set i assumed it was SSL compatible so mixes at home would be not different from gigging, but since looking into it it doesnt work with SSL (which is a shame) only serato dj does im in two minds weather to get it anway as its a decent price for an all in one unit of that quality and make the switch to serato dj for home mixing. but the down side you cant use the bridge which i use with an APC40 at the moment. (i hear that ableton have sacked the bridge off past 9 anyway?) so that create side cant fully come out when im playing gigs as it would at home as SSL and serato dj are slighty different.

I know serato dj has a sampler feature im assuming its similar to traktor where you can launch clips and samples,(keeping that creative off the fly side). but i dont really want to take a full unit out to gigs its awkward.

Are there any all in one units (decks mixer) of good quality that isnt over £1000 that works with serato SSL? just plug and play? ive looked at the Allen & Heath Xone 4D but the pitch is on a knob not a scale, plus the jog wheel is really small. id rather something with a normal deck layout. are there any all in one units that work with SSL? its shame rane havent made one yet, im really considering just getting traktor as all there programmes are pretty much the same? and the all in one units are well priced.

The other option is to get a whole new set, seperate decks mixer ect, but again i want something that i can just plug serato into. ive looked at USB mixers and decks, like the
Reloop RMX-40 USB mixer and the Reloop RMP-3 Alpha decks as there quality looks decent and the price is good to the only down side the jog wheel looks to loose and i cant seem to see an adjustable jog wheel feature?, would serato SSL box just plug into a USB mixer and work off the decks? im guessing it would but nothing is mentioned on the features about serato, trakto ect. im also looking at Pioneer CDJ-350 CD/MP3 USB Player with a USB mixer but again theirs no mention of serato SL?

In i ideal world id like a unit or a set up that just plugs into serato thats good quality and doesnt cost the earth. sorry for the SA any advice??