DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Where Can i Get a Flight Case For The DDJ SZ???

Djhotcash 2:36 AM - 11 February, 2014
So With all the talk about the ddi sz i can't find any p
flight cases to go with it, can any one help me
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:39 AM - 11 February, 2014
Quote:
So With all the talk about the ddi sz i can't find any p
flight cases to go with it, can any one help me

give it a month or two.... Guaranteed that odessey and marathon will come up with cases and possibly bags.
Djhotcash 4:20 AM - 11 February, 2014
Sweet i live in Jamaica so i wanted to get everything at once so i can travel with it...
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:54 AM - 11 February, 2014
Quote:
Sweet i live in Jamaica so i wanted to get everything at once so i can travel with it...

Yea more then likely they will have a distributor that will sell them with a case.

Or do what I do sometimes. Have someone, a family member buy them in the USA and put it in a case for you and travel with it down to JA next time they take a vacation.
DJ Yaitanis 12:24 PM - 6 March, 2014
My DDJ SZ Arrives March 16. Anyone seen any cases? odyssey and Marathon are mums about and won't even special pre-order with cash in hand....
dj-freestyle 5:47 PM - 6 March, 2014
Until they drop and see demand then you will see cases. like ddj-sx took a few months but they will come.
Mighty Dragon Sounds 5:52 PM - 6 March, 2014
at 25 lbs...... Shoot.... Don't need no case for that!!!! Strong arm that B!!!!!!!T#! lol
DjCity 7:24 PM - 6 March, 2014
Hit up proaudiosatr. That's where I ordered mine from.
Odyssey Glide case.
dj-freestyle 7:30 PM - 6 March, 2014
what case did they sell you? there isnt a case for it yet? what number?
DJ Yaitanis 7:49 PM - 6 March, 2014
Quote:
what case did they sell you? there isnt a case for it yet? what number?
DjCity 10:54 PM - 6 March, 2014
You have to contact them. Odyssey has a case for it but it's not released yet.
DJ Yaitanis 12:41 AM - 7 March, 2014
I did no answer
Dj_Mase 7:59 PM - 18 March, 2014
Bad info. No one has a case out yet until it is released officially. I called proaudiosatr and that was thier answer.
dj-freestyle 8:23 PM - 18 March, 2014
its relased mine is in at gc. picking up now.
dj-freestyle 8:23 PM - 18 March, 2014
once the main 24th release hits then more cases will come. its just gc for this week.
DJ Yaitanis 8:29 PM - 18 March, 2014
I decided to get a custom case Ill post pictures of it in 3 weeks!
dj-freestyle 8:33 PM - 18 March, 2014
ya im think i will to. Company i do for . has cases desinged monthly for stuff so going that route.
DjCity 8:33 PM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
Bad info. No one has a case out yet until it is released officially. I called proaudiosatr and that was thier answer.

I have already ordered the case from PAS. I was able to order the Odyssey case the same time I ordered the SZ.
They have the SKU for it already but they are NOT in yet.

I can only tell you what "I" did.
dj-freestyle 10:32 PM - 18 March, 2014
Certified Quality Entertainment 1:06 AM - 19 March, 2014
Feedback!!!!! Thoughts!!!!!
dj-freestyle 1:14 AM - 19 March, 2014
Full review in morning . Kids bball practice . Killing me to have it lol
Certified Quality Entertainment 2:23 AM - 19 March, 2014
Lol. No worries
DJ Yaitanis 2:28 AM - 19 March, 2014
What is PAS
DjCity 2:50 AM - 19 March, 2014
Quote:
What is PAS

ProAudio Star

Store in Brooklyn NYC
andrenetodj 11:37 PM - 20 March, 2014
Heloo.
In portugal

www.santosom.pt

Regards
Rebelguy 3:04 AM - 21 March, 2014
Swan flight cases has one already if you don't mind ordering from the UK.

www.swanflight.com
DJ Baby Raj 6:05 AM - 21 March, 2014
Any word on Odyssey cases?
the_black_one 6:10 AM - 21 March, 2014
have you tried toys r us?

LOL

nm nh
Mighty Dragon Sounds 6:12 AM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
have you tried toys r us?

LOL

nm nh

Or just carrying this thing over the shoulder.... its 25lbs which is the weight of only one of my turntables.....

lol...

Nah case would be nice....

Hell I would take one of those soft case bags if I had one.
DJ Baby Raj 6:13 AM - 21 March, 2014
Just saw... 3-4 weeks on the flight case from Odyssey, just gotta wait.
DJ Yaitanis 6:52 AM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Just saw... 3-4 weeks on the flight case from Odyssey, just gotta wait.

Where did you see this?
DJ Baby Raj 10:57 AM - 21 March, 2014
Someone mentioned they spoke to Odyssey and that was the the answer they told them.
DJ Yaitanis 1:00 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:
Someone mentioned they spoke to Odyssey and that was the the answer they told them.

Aok! TY
Rebelguy 10:56 PM - 21 March, 2014
Quote:

It all depends on how long the shipping container from China takes.

I am surprised they didn't do what they did with the SXs...make some here in the states and charge $100 more and then get the ones from China a few weeks later.
DJ Yaitanis 10:06 AM - 22 March, 2014
Guys

I am working with brianmckay@gatorcases.com.

He is building me a Tray Top Case for my DDJ SZ for a very reasonable price.

You might what to ping him about Phil's custom case if you are interested to see what he can do for you.
caliguy 1:17 AM - 25 March, 2014
I am an Odyssey Dealer here in southern California.

Odyssey has not "officially" released the case but its due to drop anytime soon. There will be limited quantities available on the first run. This was confirmed by Odyssey.

The case will be a Black Label (all black on black) with patented Glide Style laptop shelf and Glide Tray (pull out tray at bottom of case).

As of now you have to pre-order. I would recommend that, otherwise you will have to wait a few months for the second batch to get here.
caliguy 6:09 PM - 26 March, 2014
CORRECTION TO MY PREVIOUS POST:

As of today Odyssey has stated that the cases for the Pioneer DDJ-SZ are not going to be available till END OF APRIL!

Odyssey imports some parts and does final assembly here in the U.S..

HOWEVER, you can order an expedited fully handmade case at approx $499-$569 without and with Glide Style laptop shelf. Its approximately a $100 cost difference to us dealers from their regular non "custom" made cases.

The prices are approximate because there is no actual retail price on a "custom" made case entirely from scratch.

For those people that absolutely need it at least its an option.

Judging from how quickly we sold out on the DDJ-SZ's you can expect the cases will sell out too. I strongly suggest you pre-order now!

For those of you that
Joee 3:34 PM - 27 March, 2014
DJ Baby Raj 3:50 PM - 27 March, 2014
Nice Joee, gotta jump on that soon
DjCity 3:57 PM - 27 March, 2014
ProAudioStar
That's where I ordered mine from about a month ago.

Mine is going to come straight from the odyssey factory in Cali to my house.
Rebelguy 5:07 PM - 27 March, 2014
Quote:

Odyssey imports some parts and does final assembly here in the U.S..

HOWEVER, you can order an expedited fully handmade case at approx $499-$569 without and with Glide Style laptop shelf. Its approximately a $100 cost difference to us dealers from their regular non "custom" made cases.

The prices are approximate because there is no actual retail price on a "custom" made case entirely from scratch.

For those people that absolutely need it at least its an option.

Which is pretty much what I stated a few posts above yours.

The only part you are wrong about is them assembling the cases in the USA. Their mass produced ones are fully assembled in China.
caliguy 8:54 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:

The only part you are wrong about is them assembling the cases in the USA. Their mass produced ones are fully assembled in China.

You were correct. I was given different info so I verified what you stated with Odyssey. As of the day of my correction Odyssey changed what I was told by them a few days before.

I wrote: "Final" assembly here in the US. You can visit their warehouse as I do or call them to verify that indeed their products (maybe not all) are being finished here in Cali.
Rebelguy 9:54 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

You were correct. I was given different info so I verified what you stated with Odyssey. As of the day of my correction Odyssey changed what I was told by them a few days before.

I wrote: "Final" assembly here in the US. You can visit their warehouse as I do or call them to verify that indeed their products (maybe not all) are being finished here in Cali.

Actually I could see that being true. You figure there is a ton of wasted space because of the cases being shipped assembled. Might as well get them packaged like an Ikea product and put them together here.
caliguy 10:19 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
Actually I could see that being true. You figure there is a ton of wasted space because of the cases being shipped assembled. Might as well get them packaged like an Ikea product and put them together here.

80-90% of the product comes per-assembled from China but they have an assembly line where each piece goes through quality control and the remaining pieces like the glide shelfs and shine them up.

I like to pick up my products for my customers instead of waiting for shipping whenever possible.
caliguy 10:21 PM - 28 March, 2014
Quote:
80-90% of the product comes per-assembled from China but they have an assembly line where each piece goes through quality control and the remaining pieces like the glide shelfs and shine them up.

Oops! I meant where the remaining pieces like the glide shelf are added and the units shined up.
bbnation 3:50 PM - 29 March, 2014
So guys where is the best to order a flight case for SZ?
DJ Yaitanis 4:32 PM - 2 April, 2014
Odyssey has just listed two new DDJ SZ cases and has marked them In Stock!

Not sure if they mean it.
djhacker 10:41 AM - 3 April, 2014
bbnation 11:25 AM - 3 April, 2014
How safe is this flight case? I mean you guys may know how they throw luggage and bags when they are putting them in the airplane at airport.

Not worry if controller will get injured?
caliguy 7:08 PM - 3 April, 2014
Odyssey cases not available yet guys.

Latest update:
First model til end of April, subsequent models eta unknown.
djkurve 8:09 PM - 3 April, 2014
Do any of those new Crane cases fit the DDJ-SZ?
caliguy 8:49 PM - 3 April, 2014
Its not listed yet on their website but would you be OK with a Crane case for this system?

I think personally for me its Odyssey or Road Ready for the SZ. Definitely NO marathon or flimsy or Odyssey knock off brand.
bbnation 6:34 PM - 4 April, 2014
This flight case from Odyssey mot be released before June either I'm fucked up.
dj-freestyle 5:21 PM - 8 April, 2014
odyssey cases are now available. thank god
bbnation 10:29 PM - 8 April, 2014
link??
DJ Yaitanis 12:06 AM - 9 April, 2014
You have to call your dealer and order from them
bbnation 7:10 PM - 11 April, 2014
Do I need be afraid if it damages itself when I check in as normal luggage or?
Rebelguy 7:38 PM - 11 April, 2014
you will probably have to pay an extra fee to check it in as baggage. if you are using the version with the lap top shelf, I would recommend getting a decksaver.
bbnation 8:11 PM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:

They don't have dealer in my country Sweden so I can't order from their website or another ?
caliguy 8:39 PM - 11 April, 2014
Quote:
you will probably have to pay an extra fee to check it in as baggage. if you are using the version with the lap top shelf, I would recommend getting a decksaver.

Good idea. Also allot people are not aware that when you buy an Odyssey case with the Glide Shelf laptop tray you have to mount the included foam wedges underneath the Glide Shelf to keep your unit from moving while being transported.

Quote:
Quote:

They don't have dealer in my country Sweden so I can't order from their website or another ?

No advice on this one. Im sure theres a European Odyssey dealer that can process your order?
lunizus 5:59 AM - 16 April, 2014
How bout Road Ready, My SX case has the laptop stand built in and I love it more than the slide tray
caliguy 10:03 PM - 16 April, 2014
Quote:
How bout Road Ready, My SX case has the laptop stand built in and I love it more than the slide tray

Road Ready is a good company. The only thing is they don't offer the cases in black and their telescoping laptop stand is good but doesn't provide as much useable space as the Odyssey glide shelf. Pricing as about even.
DJ SwaggaBack 5:15 AM - 18 April, 2014
DJ Unscene 8:24 PM - 11 April, 2014
Hello all,

I know there has been some frustration for some time in finding a travel case for the new Pioneer DDJ-SZ controller in the U.S. and the latest rumors I’ve heard was that Odyssey was releasing a travel case at the end of this month (April 30th 2014).

Thanks to DJ Rukus Vibe and his wise thinking, I took him up on his idea as I needed a TSA approved travel case for traveling but didn’t want to wait on Odyssey or another company.

Hopefully available at your local music store, the Gator GKPE-61-TSA designed for a 61 key keyboard fits the DDJ-SZ controller like a glove! What’s great about it is it has additional space for your headphones and cables PLUS it has built in wheels to roll it around.
All the foam inserts are removable for custom setup by you. The case itself is lightweight (24lbs) and solid. For everything I would need for a gig (minus the laptop) everything would still be <50lbs and easy for airline travel. **Click link below**

Obviously with this setup you won’t have a “slider” for a laptop stand but since I’ve been using this controller I’ve never used it while in a case nor for the past 1.5 years with my old DDJ-SX controller have I used it while in a travel case.

I just wanted to give you guys an alternative for a travel case that can be used right now instead of waiting for a much heavier case. Oh, if you check out the reviews of this case, it has gotten high reviews by users. If you pick one up from Guitar Center, be sure to pick up a Road Runner “stretchy” keyboard cover (size: Medium) which fits perfectly over the DDJ-SZ and further protect it from dust too!

-DJ Unscene
DJ SwaggaBack 5:15 AM - 18 April, 2014
copied and pasted from dj Unscene in another thread.
bbnation 8:37 PM - 18 April, 2014
This flight case from Odyssey you guys are waiting for would be in a huge price. I spend already to much to buy DDJ SZ for 2500 USD.

Where can I find cheaper?
DjCity 9:05 PM - 18 April, 2014
[Quote]I spend already to much to buy DDJ SZ for 2500 USD.

Dayum!

You should have asked us where to get a SZ for a lower price.
2500 USD is ridiculous!
bbnation 10:41 AM - 19 April, 2014
Is fucking Europe. Here teaches our politicians the companies how thieves money from people.
DJ SwaggaBack 11:17 PM - 19 April, 2014
Quote:
Is fucking Europe. Here teaches our politicians the companies how thieves money from people.

huh?
bbnation 8:29 AM - 20 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

huh?

Welcome to EU.
Dj Youkai 7:44 AM - 22 April, 2014
Wonder if it's safe to post a link for a DDJ-SZ Flight Case in here. I don't want people to get mad at me.. since the link will probably have some retailer scared of the price and quality of it. Let me know if you want the link here or you can msg me for it.
Dj Youkai 7:44 AM - 22 April, 2014
Oh and yes.. I already ordered mine. Expected Delivery in 12 Days. :)
Dj Youkai 8:58 AM - 22 April, 2014
Well I hope this would help. Since Odyssey Case is made in China.. Might as well to go to the source right? And if you wan't it Black Label just make a note to the seller. I did :D
www.aliexpress.com

Hope this helps for people who don't mind saving some money ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:11 PM - 22 April, 2014
Bookmarked! How much was shipping?
Dj Youkai 2:07 AM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
Bookmarked! How much was shipping?

Shipping Already Included :) I went with FedEX
lunizus 6:00 AM - 23 April, 2014
Im waiting for Road Ready to come out with the SZ version of my SX case, then Ill buy the SZ!!!
Dj Youkai 8:01 AM - 23 April, 2014
Well when I get my black label here, I'll post a picture or video of it. I mean for the price which is probably half off compared to other name brands, you can't go wrong plus pretty fast shipping, :-)
damehype 12:24 PM - 23 April, 2014
Looks like the Marathon case though. Very minimal padding
Dj Youkai 5:41 PM - 23 April, 2014
Quote:
Looks like the Marathon case though. Very minimal padding

Foam looks pretty thick enough for me, already has velcro foams for the bottom trays also plus wheels. I'll be the judge when I see it. For the price. You Cant Go Wrong. Just giving Options here. Are Marathon Cases Bad or something?
damehype 6:21 PM - 23 April, 2014
Let us know...
djdoc 3:14 AM - 26 April, 2014
And it's no longer available there...
Dj Youkai 8:57 AM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
And it's no longer available there...

Msg Me if you're still interested.
bbnation 11:52 AM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
Wonder if it's safe to post a link for a DDJ-SZ Flight Case in here. I don't want people to get mad at me.. since the link will probably have some retailer scared of the price and quality of it. Let me know if you want the link here or you can msg me for it.

How old are u? 11 year?

Why shouldn't be safe to link in this forum? man up and link. or either stop mess around.
Dj Youkai 1:47 PM - 26 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

How old are u? 11 year?

Why shouldn't be safe to link in this forum? man up and link. or either stop mess around.

Um if you know how to read then you should read 2 posts after and in the later posts, I kinda knew it wasn't safe yet, cause the seller decided to take the link out temporarily, so who ever is interested just msg me.
DJ TLC SOUNDS 11:29 PM - 27 April, 2014
The DDJ SZ case is not available yet maybe one to two weeks at road ready and odyssey cases
DJ_X_Trodinaire 12:11 AM - 28 April, 2014
Custom Cases are available but not from the known vendors.
dj-freestyle 3:49 PM - 28 April, 2014
I got the gkpe-61 tsa approved case and its like it wa sbuilt for it. it was built for kepboards but what a aweosme case for traveling with it. i love it.
Dj Youkai 10:23 PM - 28 April, 2014
Quote:
I got the gkpe-61 tsa approved case and its like it wa sbuilt for it. it was built for kepboards but what a aweosme case for traveling with it. i love it.

I probably gonna get that one too, might go Vegas for a gig, so that case is perfect. Thanks
damehype 7:05 AM - 29 April, 2014
I opted to go for the SKB 3i-4217-7B-L instead. A bit shorter than the Gator case. I cut dividers out of one of the layers of foam. I may still get the Odyssey when it drops.

i932.photobucket.com

i932.photobucket.com

i932.photobucket.com
damehype 7:06 AM - 29 April, 2014
The Gator was a bit too long for my tastes. Good case though
Dj Youkai 8:12 AM - 29 April, 2014
Quote:
I opted to go for the SKB 3i-4217-7B-L instead. A bit shorter than the Gator case. I cut dividers out of one of the layers of foam. I may still get the Odyssey when it drops.

i932.photobucket.com

i932.photobucket.com

i932.photobucket.com

That actually looks good too. Almost like a Pelican Case, which are very good cases IMHO. Thanks for Sharing. Damehype.
dj-freestyle 4:10 PM - 29 April, 2014
I like the gator cause of the wheels. so nice in a airport and tsa approved already.
damehype 6:48 PM - 29 April, 2014
SKB has wheels also
DjCity 3:13 PM - 30 April, 2014
Just got off the phone with Odyssey.

They say the cases are coming in next week and should start shipping one they hit the ground.

Dude said I should expect mine within two weeks.
anthony.djelbambino 10:11 PM - 30 April, 2014
well i just visit this website and they are a custom case shop they got it from $400-950 what

you guys this about this styles www.casescenterllc.com
caliguy 2:37 AM - 1 May, 2014
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Odyssey.

They say the cases are coming in next week and should start shipping one they hit the ground.

Dude said I should expect mine within two weeks.

Correct.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 9:46 PM - 6 May, 2014
Looks like agiprodj has the odyssey in stock

www.agiprodj.com
Dj Youkai 7:15 AM - 7 May, 2014
Quote:
Looks like agiprodj has the odyssey in stock

www.agiprodj.com

Out of Stock?

Black Label With Bottom Glide Tray - Out of Stock Also?
www.agiprodj.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 2:03 PM - 7 May, 2014
Looks like they sold out quick lol
They only had a few on hand
I purchased mine yesterday
DJ Wreck 7:41 PM - 8 May, 2014
Received my Odyssey Glide Case from agiprodj today
Dj Youkai 7:45 PM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:

Awesome Wreck.. Did you get the Black Label? Any chance you can post a video or pic of your case?
DJ Wreck 8:00 PM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Awesome Wreck.. Did you get the Black Label? Any chance you can post a video or pic of your case?

i1286.photobucket.com

i1286.photobucket.com

i1286.photobucket.com

i1286.photobucket.com
DjCity 8:04 PM - 8 May, 2014
Looks good.

Happy to see it had enough room for the XLR's and other cables.

How did you get the locking power cable in there?
dj-freestyle 8:12 PM - 8 May, 2014
hey wreck did that power cable come with sz?
dj-freestyle 8:12 PM - 8 May, 2014
Mine wasnt a locking one
DjCity 8:19 PM - 8 May, 2014
This is crazy.

I called odyssey last week and was told the cases would arrive this week.

I called odyssey today (just got off the phone with them)
They said the cases arrive to them next week and it should take two weeks to get to me.
They said nobody has the sz cases yet unless it's custom made.

How did agi get them?
DjCity 8:22 PM - 8 May, 2014
I just went to agi site and all the cases are pre order status...

How did you get it Wreck?
DJ Wreck 8:25 PM - 8 May, 2014
They are the euro version of SZ case. When I ordered on Tuesday, they only had 2 left in stock. It's probably the reason why it was only $299, versus the $359 that everywhere else is selling for
DJ Wreck 8:27 PM - 8 May, 2014
The power cable doesn't lock on the SZ. It's an old power cable from a QSC speaker. Just using it because of its length
DJ_X_Trodinaire 8:55 PM - 8 May, 2014
Quote:
I just went to agi site and all the cases are pre order status...

How did you get it Wreck?

I bought mine from agi yesterday. They only had a few.
Certified Quality Entertainment 9:13 PM - 8 May, 2014
Is there room underneath for a wireless mic unit?? How heavy is the case with the SZ in it?
DJ Wreck 9:38 PM - 8 May, 2014
Not too much room underneath. Probably weighs about 40-45 lbs
Dj Youkai 6:26 AM - 9 May, 2014
Mine Came In Today. Pretty Happy with it so far. Just waiting on my SZ to come back from Pioneer. Hopefully next week. I'll post another video with my SZ in it.
but for now here's a video without the SZ in it.
youtu.be
If interested here is the link. Tell Allen Li that VJ YOUKAI Sent You ;)
www.aliexpress.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 11:13 AM - 9 May, 2014
Nice case and free stand ;)
DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:25 AM - 14 May, 2014
Ody Case for the DDJSZ arrived Thanks again to Kevin at www.agiprodj.com

www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

47lb case + 23lb SZ 70lb. Compared to
48lb case + 2 SC3900 (20lb) + Rane 62 (10lb) 98lbs
27lb case + DDJSX (13lb) 40lbs
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:19 AM - 14 May, 2014
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

So we drinking by your house tonight then!!!! lol
Quote:
Mighty Dragon Sounds 4:19 AM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:

www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

DJ_X_Trodinaire 3:12 PM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:

Im scared of crazy Ninja!! Stay away! LoL
Mighty Dragon Sounds 3:47 PM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Im scared of crazy Ninja!! Stay away! LoL

LMAO!
djlogik 4:18 PM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:

www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

Nice case but at 70lbs it is still heavy.

Still has to be lighter than my set up of 2 1000's, DJM-700, and coffin. That probably weighs close to 100lbs.
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:04 PM - 14 May, 2014
You can get a soft bag. But I like these cases for protection and stack ability.
Coming from various turntable coffins from the late 80s. These are still lighter lol
Dj Youkai 6:17 PM - 14 May, 2014
Quote:

www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

Looks Good DJ_X_Trodinaire

I think cases are the way to go. Keeps all the cables very nicely hidden for a clean setup.
My case is like 3 lbs lighter, but still about the same weight.
caliguy 11:31 PM - 15 May, 2014
Black Label (solid black) with Glide Tray and laptop Glide Shlef In stock but limited quantities. Almost sold out!

Euro Version in stock, quantities limited also.
DjCity 11:50 PM - 15 May, 2014
My case should be to me this coming Wednesday!

I look forward to using the SZ at a gig but it ain't leaving the house without a case.
Dj Youkai 12:27 AM - 16 May, 2014
I just got my SZ.. I haven't tested yet. But I did manage to put it in my case. Looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Will post Video Soon. But I have some work to finish. So maybe tomorrow :D
DjCity 6:24 PM - 21 May, 2014
My case just arrived from Odyssey.

I'm NOT feeling this case at all.

They sent me the car with the keyboard tray. I don't need a keyboard tray!

The case is BIG and HEAVY with only two handles. One on each side. No handle in the middle.

It has plenty of room. Too much room!
I wok have to look for another case cause I'm not doing this one.
Joee 6:26 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
My case just arrived from Odyssey.

I'm NOT feeling this case at all.

They sent me the car with the keyboard tray. I don't need a keyboard tray!

The case is BIG and HEAVY with only two handles. One on each side. No handle in the middle.

It has plenty of room. Too much room!
I wok have to look for another case cause I'm not doing this one.

you need this one, it's 24lbs
Joee 6:27 PM - 21 May, 2014
sh!t forgot the link
www.odysseygear.com
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:28 PM - 21 May, 2014
Try it out first

The keyboard tray might be a good thing.

When the laptop shelf is extended all the way back, you have to reach for your laptop.
Joee 6:31 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
Try it out first

When the laptop shelf is extended all the way back, you have to reach for your laptop.

that case is 50lbs add the sz now it's more than 70lbs, at that point you might as well carry turntables
DjCity 6:36 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Try it out first

that case is 50lbs add the sz now it's more than 70lbs, at that point you might as well carry turntables

No bullshit!
DJ_X_Trodinaire 6:41 PM - 21 May, 2014
Cdj2000 20lb. Djm900 16lb. Ody case 59lb
Total 115lb

Just eat some more wheaties! LoL
DjCity 6:41 PM - 21 May, 2014
I might have to get the car from ali express.

3 handles, low profile.

Might be a good look.

Where is the post that shows cash money's case?
I'm trying to compare the two cases.
Joee 6:47 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
I might have to get the car from ali express.

3 handles, low profile.

Might be a good look.

Where is the post that shows cash money's case?
I'm trying to compare the two cases.

you didn't see the link i posted 24lbs
www.odysseygear.com

Quote:
Cdj2000 20lb. Djm900 16lb. Ody case 59lb
Total 115lb

Just eat some more wheaties! LoL

dude i'm trying to work smarter, not harder
DjCity 6:50 PM - 21 May, 2014
Yeah but I need the laptop tray. Just not the keyboard tray.
DjCity 6:54 PM - 21 May, 2014
Someone please direct me to the thread that cash money has his case in.
Joee 7:01 PM - 21 May, 2014
dude that's easy , look at the l stand it clamps onto the case
www.samash.com

and heres a pic of it clamped to my coffin
imageshack.com

imageshack.com
DjCity 7:11 PM - 21 May, 2014
That's cool but I've never been comfortable using those laptop stands.

Some of the places I play, people get a little too close and I always feel like it's too easy for someone to knock my macbook over.

I like the glide tray because it's a bigger surface.
Joee 7:21 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
That's cool but I've never been comfortable using those laptop stands.

Some of the places I play, people get a little too close and I always feel like it's too easy for someone to knock my macbook over.

I like the glide tray because it's a bigger surface.

i never had issues with it & i've been in some places that were so packed people actually bumped my turntables, i guess you could use a strong velcro might do the trick
DJ_X_Trodinaire 7:47 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
Yeah but I need the laptop tray. Just not the keyboard tray.

So... dont use the keyboard tray. :)

You could use ut as a drink holder, cell phone holder, request holder.... jusr sayin lol
Dj Youkai 8:17 PM - 21 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Try it out first

I don't really carry it. I use a Rock-N-Roller Multi-cart R2 most of the time :)
www.amazon.com
DjCity 9:11 PM - 21 May, 2014
Still have to get it up on the table. With only the side handles, is gonna be kind of cumbersome.

I have more case than I need.
Dj Youkai 9:44 PM - 21 May, 2014
I'll post my Part2 of my case soon. So sorry. I've been busy here.
dj-freestyle 2:48 PM - 22 May, 2014
The ones with laptop stand are always a lot heaver then not. that keyboard trey couldnt add much more weight then a regualr with laptop tray. less then a pound a bet
DjCity 3:00 PM - 22 May, 2014
Quote:
The ones with laptop stand are always a lot heaver then not. that keyboard trey couldnt add much more weight then a regualr with laptop tray. less then a pound a bet

The tray does not add weight. What it does is make the case much bigger.

Bigger case = more weight.
DjCity 3:00 PM - 22 May, 2014
Quote:

Dj Youkai 5:46 PM - 22 May, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes it does add more weight. His Case is like 49lbs mine is like 44lbs lighter without the keyboard tray on the bottom.

Allen from Aliexpress said he also has one with no Laptop tray on the top. It's like 4kgs = about 8.8 lbs lighter than mine. Also it's smaller also. This is what he replied:
" the case size is 925x551x196mm (36x22x8inches), yes, it can be blacklabel, the one you ordered is 961x550x220mm (38x22x9inches) "

I converted to inches for you guys.
Hopes this helps.
dj-freestyle 6:15 PM - 22 May, 2014
Ok that makes sense. in pitcure doesnt look like tray is very big so didnt think it would but you have it so you would know . when i saw tray i was kinda confused like why but to each his own.
DjCity 9:02 PM - 22 May, 2014
I just ordered the case from Allen.

I'm hoping it is a good enough case for me and my SZ.
Dj Youkai 9:03 PM - 22 May, 2014
Quote:
I just ordered the case from Allen.

I'm hoping it is a good enough case for me and my SZ.

Are you getting the same one I got DjCity?
DjCity 9:09 PM - 22 May, 2014
Yes.

I got the Black Label with feet on the bottom.
Dj Youkai 9:11 PM - 22 May, 2014
Quote:
Yes.

I got the Black Label with feet on the bottom.

Nice.
DJ Baby Raj 10:25 PM - 4 June, 2014
I heard Pioneer is releasing their own branded black flight case for the DDJ-SZ this month.... Name: DJC-FLTSZ
DjCity 10:50 PM - 4 June, 2014
I'm curious about it.

I got my case from ali express yesterday and I like it better than the odyssey.
DJ Baby Raj 10:52 PM - 4 June, 2014
damehype 12:58 AM - 5 June, 2014
Lol. Its the same case as the Odyssey and the AliExpress and the Bumb-whatever lol. Just with a Pioneer label on it.
DJ Baby Raj 3:06 AM - 5 June, 2014
Yeah probably lol...
Dj Youkai 1:14 PM - 5 June, 2014
Ali willy be on vacation, but comes back next week Tuesday, I also ordered from him a case without the laptop tray like the Odyssey one, of course it's black label also, and with the same high quality foam that came with my first case, I looked at the Odyssey no glide tray version and it seems like the using the cheapy foam in there's, I customed mines so it will have the feet, and wheels and also the bottom part will have a little more room for my cables and video box. I showed him before the Odyssey version of it and ask if he can do something like this, and he replied "this one is simple" I love that reply :-) He quoted me, $248.40 includes free shipping that's like half off for what you paying for Odyssey, I'm already sold from his quality and service of his cases not to mention the low price & customization he can provide, that's a BIG PLUS there. I'm getting it, production will start next week Tuesday when he comes back from vacation, I'll keep you guys posted.
DjCity 1:53 PM - 5 June, 2014
Pics when it comes!

The odyssey case without the glide laptop tray that I saw I didn't like.

I like my case flush with the controller. The one from odyssey was below the SZ.

If he can make one just like the glide one but without the glide and a little more room for cables and magsafe to fit tightly underneath. ..

Perfect!
Certified Quality Entertainment 4:30 PM - 5 June, 2014
And space under for wireless mic and wire management...why aren't people making cases like that!!! WTF! :)
lunizus 7:15 PM - 8 June, 2014
I spoke with Road Ready last month and at that time they said they would have a case ready in 40-60 days. I can't wait!!
DJ Yaitanis 3:10 PM - 11 June, 2014
Guys I have made a custom case for the DDJ SZ I ordered it and never used it. If there are any interests let me know I can forward the Speks. In general it is a case without a laptop tray.
DjCity 5:39 PM - 11 June, 2014
Quote:
Guys I have made a custom case for the DDJ SZ I ordered it and never used it. If there are any interests let me know I can forward the Speks. In general it is a case without a laptop tray.

Show us the case.
Do you have pics?
HollywoodDJ/Guitars 7:10 PM - 11 June, 2014
You can pick up a case from Hollywooddj.com we have them in stock and ready to ship give us a call 1-800-700-4542
HollywoodDJ/Guitars 7:14 PM - 11 June, 2014
We also have inventory of the DDJ-SZ without the platter issue just got them in last week direct from Pioneer Authorized vendor.
DJ Yaitanis 7:31 PM - 11 June, 2014
The Picks are here.

www.facebook.com
DJ Yaitanis 7:34 PM - 11 June, 2014
Quote:
We also have inventory of the DDJ-SZ without the platter issue just got them in last week direct from Pioneer Authorized vendor.

Message me the best deal on a DDJ SZ shipped to 33765.
HollywoodDJ/Guitars 8:08 PM - 11 June, 2014
Okay DJ Yaitanis we have just messaged you through Facebook as per your request.
HollywoodDJ/Guitars 8:20 PM - 11 June, 2014
check out our inventory of the DDJ-SZ

www.facebook.com
Joee 8:27 PM - 11 June, 2014
Quote:

www.facebook.com

is that all? 16 units?
HollywoodDJ/Guitars 8:44 PM - 11 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

www.facebook.com

is that all? 16 units?

A lot of them are sold that was a stock photo of when they first came in.
DjCity 11:43 PM - 11 June, 2014
Quote:

We have to ask because of your posts about a sensitivity knob on the sz.
lvmez 11:50 PM - 11 June, 2014
What's the best price for a DDJSZ so far? I might be interested if the price is good.
Joee 11:56 PM - 11 June, 2014
Quote:
What's the best price for a DDJSZ so far? I might be interested if the price is good.

best price i got was $1,700, someone on the forum said they got a $1,500? or something like that price
lvmez 2:49 AM - 12 June, 2014
Thanks, I'll ask around. $1500 would be a great deal.
damehype 10:56 PM - 17 June, 2014
The Odyssey without the glide shelf is $279/$289 BL
damehype 10:57 PM - 17 June, 2014
Same traditional style with V cut removable front panel
DJ Baby Raj 7:46 AM - 25 June, 2014
Looks official now...

www.pioneerelectronics.com
geeunot 8:06 PM - 25 June, 2014
I got the $50 "World Tour" Soft Case. Super dope case...light weight, and provides adequate protection.
Joee 8:13 PM - 25 June, 2014
Quote:
I got the $50 "World Tour" Soft Case. Super dope case...light weight, and provides adequate protection.

links to soft case?

i don't know if i'd trust a $50 case fro a $2000 controller
Rebelguy 8:19 PM - 25 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

links to soft case?

Also I doubt a $50 soft case would survive a "World Tour." hahaha.
DJ. L.A. Styles 11:21 AM - 28 June, 2014
Dj baby raj what do you think of that case did you order one from them yet I'm looking for a case for sz as we'll
lunizus 11:49 PM - 29 June, 2014
Coming Soon!!

store.roadreadycases.com
geeunot 9:29 AM - 30 June, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

links to soft case?

I believe it's this case....

www.americanmusical.com

I said the same thing about at 50 case...it's really light and does have some protection. Obviously, not going to last on a world tour. haha.
DJ Baby Raj 11:50 AM - 30 June, 2014
Quote:
Dj baby raj what do you think of that case did you order one from them yet I'm looking for a case for sz as we'll

I ended up getting the Odyssey case for it instead:

fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net
Dj Youkai 1:46 AM - 1 July, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

I ended up getting the Odyssey case for it instead:

fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net

You added LED lights under the Laptop tray?
DJ Baby Raj 2:43 AM - 1 July, 2014
Yup, LED strip
Dj Youkai 3:20 AM - 1 July, 2014
Quote:
Yup, LED strip

It has it's own power source? That's pretty neat.. where did you get it? I saw one at Costco.. looks cool
dj-freestyle 3:33 PM - 1 July, 2014
ikea has a set that work perfect. i did it years ago to my ns6 case when it first came out.
Dj Youkai 4:59 PM - 1 July, 2014
Ikea?
djkurve 1:22 AM - 2 July, 2014
dj-freestyle 2:48 PM - 2 July, 2014
thanks kurve didnt have time to find links .
djkurve 4:02 PM - 2 July, 2014
Quote:
thanks kurve didnt have time to find links .

No problem!
Dj Youkai 12:40 AM - 3 July, 2014
Awesome.. thanks Kurve.. So which one of the links that You Bought :)
dj-freestyle 3:07 PM - 3 July, 2014
I did top one on 3 different cases when nobody had it done and worked perefct.
DJ Baby Raj 7:33 AM - 15 July, 2014
Sorry been away... I'll let you know the model lights I got tomorrow.