Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Anybody Pre-order the DDJ-SZ from American Music Supply? (2014 Edition)

DJ Baby Raj 4:21 AM - 6 February, 2014
AMS just put up their pre-order of the DDJ-SZ on their website. Just wondering if anybody Pre-ordered yet? I remember when the DDJ-SX came out I made a post like this and we all kept each other update on the shipping processes. Figured might as well do it again for the DDJ-SZ. :)

www.americanmusical.com
DJ Baby Raj 1:09 AM - 7 February, 2014
bump :)
IBASS 3:12 AM - 8 February, 2014
I'm searching....
DJ Baby Raj 7:54 PM - 8 February, 2014
searching?
Mm3 9:58 PM - 8 February, 2014
Am actually thinking of pre ordering from ams... Was there a big delay from them for those who pre ordered sx?
DJ Baby Raj 10:09 PM - 8 February, 2014
I remembered when I ordered from them it just took a month to get but their backorder list was big and I ordered late... They have good customer service and always kept me update.
IBASS 3:45 AM - 10 February, 2014
I want to sell my SX for the SZ.. Either way I'm getting it. Wonder if they have case for it already.. Soft or flight ... You guys know ?
DJ Baby Raj 11:48 PM - 18 February, 2014
bump
Ragman 12:08 AM - 19 February, 2014
zZounds has an 8-pay plan also.

www.zzounds.com

I'm still up in the air with getting the SZ or NS7II. Wish someone came out with a hybrid of the two. Basically an SZ with spinning platters and capacity sensitive eq knobs (hint, hint Denon)
DJ Nexus2000 1:05 AM - 19 February, 2014
The DDJ-SZ The Holy Grail of DJ controllers
DJ Baby Raj 6:37 AM - 6 March, 2014
Seems like not much people are jumping on the SZ... I remember when the SX came out it was more popular... Probably because the price point...
Felonyruckus 6:59 AM - 6 March, 2014
People are already talking about the weight and size of the SZ...and you imagine the SZ with rotating platters? HEAVY, still nothing on 2 1200s and a 19" mixer in a coffin. But, man!
DJ Rukus Vibe 12:42 AM - 14 March, 2014
i ordered my SZ from AMS and they keep telling me it has as ETA of end of March to them. But I would really love to know where I am in the back ordered cue. TO me that more important than when they get there shipment in.
DJ Baby Raj 12:44 AM - 14 March, 2014
Hey Rukus,

I just called them today they said they may get a shipment in March 27th... I asked the same thing where am I in the cue and they could not tell me.

I ordered on 2/5
DJ Rukus Vibe 12:53 AM - 14 March, 2014
yep. BTW. I am new to the Serato world. The SZ has brought me over from NI and the S4.
As a newbie would, I am buying just about everything Pioneer is selling! I got the RMX-500 new in box sitting here waiting to hooked to the SZ.

Pioneer support emailed me today and said that the SZ doesn't need an external effects unit.
I've searched the forum and can't find anyone with same issue/question.
I know what I can't do if I use the rmx-500+SZ. I can live with that. But if it flat out won't work with the SZ, I need to return it asap cuz the SZ is coming so late.

Any help is appreciated.
dj-freestyle 4:32 PM - 14 March, 2014
The sz doesnt have a send return so no wouldnt work.
dj-freestyle 4:33 PM - 14 March, 2014
and yes guitar center gets them the 17 and all other retailers the 24 per pulse at pioneer.
DJ Rukus Vibe 6:08 PM - 14 March, 2014
thanks Freestyle,

Following the SZ's setup guide, I can hook it up SZ>RMX-500>AMP/Speakers, etc.
Obviously with no expectations of send/return or cueing effects before they are live.
Have you ever done that and what has been your experience with that much risk in a live set?
dj-freestyle 6:10 PM - 14 March, 2014
Im trying to think best way you could send signal thru the 500 and not sure you could. let me look at back of 500. hold on
dj-freestyle 6:13 PM - 14 March, 2014
So its rca inputs and outputs. i guess you could send output signal to input of 500 and then output of 500 to speakers. i think the 500 would be a waste with the sz doing more effects with serato and onboard effects. the 500 would be over kill.
DJ Rukus Vibe 6:29 PM - 14 March, 2014
That's what I needed to know. I wanted to create build ups and transitions and was concerned that to SZ Couldn't duplicate the effects I see on the djm and CDJ set ups.
Great advice. Gotta decide what to if with the store credit!
DJ Baby Raj 6:43 PM - 19 March, 2014
Anyone else order from AMS?
D.J. Johnny G 7:24 PM - 20 March, 2014
I did order from AMS and I got a e-mail saying delivery on 4/26 GRRRRRRRRRRRR! I didn't dump my DDJ-SX (thank god) just yet, but they have been decent as far as keeping my in the loop (no pun intended).......
DJ Baby Raj 7:25 PM - 20 March, 2014
I did the same thing ordered from AMS, cancelled it and just got it at Guitar Center should be in my hands tomorrow... AMS always takes forever...
D.J. Johnny G 7:44 PM - 20 March, 2014
Yeah, but I had to go through AMS so my wife (Ha-Ha) you probably know what I gonna say, dosen't find out, because I just bought the Pioneer DJM-900 SRT, and now I'm going for the DDJ-SZ..... She knows the Pro Audio Mgr. her in San Francisco Guitar Center, and they have a note to (CALL WIFEY) if Johnny G STEPS FOOT IN THE STORE..... LOL, because I drop rack's on rack's in there... The 900 SRT was a joke, and it sit's here collecting dust, GRRRRRRRRR :-(
dj-freestyle 7:54 PM - 20 March, 2014
sell that srt. why would you buy that over a rane 62 or 64, cmon. think brother lol lol
DJ Baby Raj 7:56 PM - 20 March, 2014
Yeah I hear you... AMS is great for payments which I something I love about about them!
dj-freestyle 7:59 PM - 20 March, 2014
They do make it easy.
D.J. Johnny G 8:02 PM - 20 March, 2014
On impulse, and RUTH & CHRIS Steakhouse is next door to GC, and after about 6 double shot's of Chilled Patron, off 2 shop I went..... I woke up the next day and saw the box in my ride and said F-It, I'll keep it, Ha-Ha BTW the Rane 64 didn't get released yet, because THAT was my first choice, but ALCOHOL played a factor in this purchase, good times....
Ragman 8:55 PM - 20 March, 2014
^Now that's funny ...
DJ NoNseNse 4:43 AM - 21 March, 2014
If you guys want a good deal on the ddj-sz hit me up
DJ Rukus Vibe 11:10 PM - 29 March, 2014
AMS just shocked the he'' outta me! They just shipped my SZ and I didn't even get a ship notice. Guess its 1000 emails I sent about when was it coming.
deejdave 5:27 AM - 30 March, 2014
Quote:
sell that srt. why would you buy that over a rane 62 or 64, cmon. think brother lol lol

I have both the Rane 64 & the SRT............. the advantages over the 64 are staggering. If you use Serato DJ the Rane 64 kicks some ass. If you want to go a few steps past ass kicking the SRT is the correct choice. Using Rekordbox & Traktor are just two of the reasons the SRT takes the win. Pioneer FX.......... yeah.

As far as AMS goes. Unless the gear is not in your budget there is no reason to shop there unless they (or even DJ NoNseNse) can match the $1700 it costs elsewhere.
deejdave 5:33 AM - 30 March, 2014
Even the OP DJ Baby Raj can verify (if he chooses) that he had an experience with the DDJ-SX. Not the worst (as he eventually got it) BUT it was about 2 months after the rest of us got it. If you can afford the DDJ-SZ (or any other gear for that manner) AMS is probably the last place you should go. IF you can't afford it though AMS is pretty much the default.
Dj Youkai 9:57 PM - 30 March, 2014
I got mine from AMS also Mine Arrived 2 days ago. I pre-Ordered it the first time they post it in their site. I actually used it on a small gig that same day I got it. Love it. :) I also got my White SX from them also. Now Later on this year I'll order the new EVs from them also. :)
deejdave 10:43 PM - 30 March, 2014
How much?
Dj Youkai 10:59 PM - 30 March, 2014
Same Price as you see at the in their site $1,999.00
deejdave 11:23 PM - 30 March, 2014
Damnnnnnnn!!! Yeah every place has it listed for $1999 I didn't think anyone was actually paying that though..................... I got mine for $1699. I am assuming you did payments then?
Dj Youkai 12:16 AM - 31 March, 2014
Yep.. Cause I bought other stuffs also. Love the payment plan. I can't cough up that much as once. So Payment plan is the way to go. Good for you you got it for $1699. Main thing this is I got it. :)
deejdave 12:52 AM - 31 March, 2014
I suppose but ouch. I saw Guitar Center had them a week earlier but I wasn't willing to pay over $400 more for it ($1999 and then tax) just to have it a week earlier. I ended up getting mine three days ago but I would have waited an extra month if I had to to save the cash.

Not here to tell you how to do things but maybe if your planning to get EV's in the near future just pretend you went to AMS. You can put money to the side as if you were paying them but instead you will end up saving up to $1000 by going elsewhere. Don't let them steal your hard earned money. They prey on people who are in the market for high ticket items yet lack fluid cash. Even getting a small personal loan or credit card (with no interest for a certain period) could hep prevent such a huge loss of funds. Between the DDJ-SX, The DDJ-SZ AND the EV's the amount lost will have been astronomical. Just food for thought. Take it or leave it.

I keep about $10k on the side at all times for all my extracurricular activities in case any killer deals pop up. PLUS ya never know when Pioneer will be releasing CDJ-3000's or whatever LOL.

I am happy to hear you are loving your SZ though. I too had a great weekend with it. I CAN duplicate the sensitivity issue that has been reported BUT only if I am trying to. I purchased it with the intent of possibly replacing the need for my standard CDJ-2000NXS/SRT or Rane 64 with DDJ-SP1 setup. I WILL say it comes close but not quite everything I need. My SX has absolutely met its match (although my SX will continue to be my small gig rig) but I wouldn't say it compares to my full setups. The one obvious thing I would have changed are the platters. I wish they would have been actual CDJ style (not just size) platters. I would have happily paid $500 more for this but life goes on.

Enjoy your SZ though.
Djjahburg 2:43 AM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:
Yep.. Cause I bought other stuffs also. Love the payment plan. I can't cough up that much as once. So Payment plan is the way to go. Good for you you got it for $1699. Main thing this is I got it. :)

+1
Djjahburg 2:44 AM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:
I got mine from AMS also Mine Arrived 2 days ago. I pre-Ordered it the first time they post it in their site. I actually used it on a small gig that same day I got it. Love it. :) I also got my White SX from them also. Now Later on this year I'll order the new EVs from them also. :)

I Got Mine a Week A Go From zzounds.com
Dj Youkai 2:47 AM - 31 March, 2014
@deejdave Easy for you to say. I have a hard time to put money on the side. I tend to spend it on other things. For me, I don't mind paying this way. Plus I like the fact of pay as you play. Alot of the stores are selling it for $1,999 So i'm not really getting ripped off. Happy for you that you got it for a lower price. I'll stick with AMS since they actually gave me a chance to open an account even though I have pour credit.. or I haven't really bought anything from the. I tried Zzounds.. and they turned me down. So I'm Happy the AMS accepted me. :D
Dj Youkai 2:51 AM - 31 March, 2014
Sorry.. I mean.. Play as you Pay :P
deejdave 10:30 PM - 31 March, 2014
No offense intended. I hear ya. You gotta do what you gotta do.
thorissr 12:08 AM - 2 April, 2014
Can someone private message me as to where I can pick it up for $1700? I've looked high and low and everywhere I've looked it's $1999.00 and up.

Thanks
djmacklong 12:54 AM - 2 April, 2014
$1999.99 is MSRP, so anyone charging more than that is not an authorized retailer and Pioneer will likely not honor the warranty on those products. Not to mention they're clearly just preying on people with lots of money and no patience.
deejdave 1:18 AM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Not to mention they're clearly just preying on people with lots of money and no patience.

Anyone paying the $1999 is being preyed upon as well being MSRP is never the price a product should be sold for. As a matter of fact it seems to be the people with lots of money who are getting it for cheaper being ANY retailer offering it for less wants the full amount up front. So if you want it for cheap you should have the full amount saved up. Again I mean no offense by this (I truly don't just saying facts) but someone who can't afford an item is pretty much forced to pay a premium to get the product by the retailer charging the MSRP (as they are not legally allowed to charge more but they would if they could) if the customer opts to pay via payments.

Pretty much call ANY retailer that has it for $1999. As long as you are able to pay in full you will be able to talk them down. If you go to thedjhookup.com you can get it for about $1750 right now although they are sold out at the moment and only accepting pre-order for April's order atm.
Dj Youkai 1:26 AM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
$1999.99 is MSRP, so anyone charging more than that is not an authorized retailer and Pioneer will likely not honor the warranty on those products. Not to mention they're clearly just preying on people with lots of money and no patience.

What you mean? I pretty Sure I-DJ Now is an Authorized Retailer.. I got my Black SX from them www.idjnow.com
Got My White One at AMS.. Same Price. Amazon Also Has it too for same price.

I don't really know what you're talking about.
Dj Youkai 1:28 AM - 2 April, 2014
That Idjnow link is the SZ link Price.. Same price. $1999 as I got from AMS .. Only thing different. IDJnow doesnt do Payment Plans
deejdave 1:39 AM - 2 April, 2014
Idjnow sells it for less though LOL. I went there a month ago. They would do $1,800 but couldn't match the $1,700 I got it for. Again as long as you have the money up front. Did you ask anyone if they could price match?

Just out of curiosity what did you think they meant when they wrote this on their store policy

"Lowest Price Promise:
We guarantee you the best price on any purchase you make! This guarantee is yours for even 30 days after your purchase! If you see the item you purchased from us elsewhere for less we will meet or beat that price! It’s that simple."
deejdave 1:43 AM - 2 April, 2014
IDJNOW is my place of choice to try the newest gear out in person but I NEVER buy from them as a.) They NEVER actually beat the lowest price quote I can get even though they claim they will. and b.) Even if they did being I live in NY I would then have to pay state sales tax on top of it.
Dj Youkai 1:53 AM - 2 April, 2014
I didn't say anything about beating low prices. I just comparing they all have the same price. As in AMS. If you can cough up $1700 then good for you. But For me.. I can't so yeah. I'm Happy for you.. And I'm Happy that I went with AMS. Aloha.
deejdave 2:34 AM - 2 April, 2014
I get it. EVERYWHERE will have the $1999 listed as price as that is a SET price SET by Pioneer themselves. It is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. This same concept goes with cars, appliances, even groceries.

Some stores try to sell for the suggested retail price while others offer discounts. EVERY store has the right to sell for up to $1999 though. Every penny they take off the total price takes away from their profits and the closer they get to actual cost of item (whatever it may be) the less money they make. Even the store I went to has the DDJ-SZ LISTed for $1999 because that is the LIST price. I never actually pay this list price though as I buy way too much gear (as a whole as well as specifically from my store). I just bought two new cars last year but if you think I payed sticker price on either .......................... well let's just say I'd be in the poor house if I did.

I am purchasing my first home this July as well as paying for my wedding in October so I need every penny i can get. I have expensive tastes so NOT saving money and finding the best deals I can is NOT an option. Being I have these expenses buying in bulk becomes necessary as well as not having any payments of any kind.

I would NEVER judge anyone for anything financial as some are more fortunate than others. We do what we gotta do. I just feel if one CAN make payments (which usually means interest but in this case it simply means higher prices) they SHOULD be able to put money to the side as if they were making those payments. I mean no offense by this and it is merely a suggestion. One which I promise is the last time I will say. I know it is not always easy BUT one thing is NOT debatable after the last payment is either made you will have paid no less than $400 more (assuming you paid tax) on the SZ than if you did it the other way.

With those EV's you plan to get........ say you put $250 to the side every month (just as you would if you had a payment) and saved up until you had the amount needed. You will be saving yourself around $500-$1500 depending on where you go, which models you purchase & when you purchase. Best part about it is at SOME point between now and the time you go to pay for it your store of choice will have a sale. Choose wisely though as if you go with IDJNOW you will never see more than 15% & 20% for Guitar Center, etc. if you choose thedjhookup, PSSL.com, etc. you will see up to 30% & sometimes more. Coincidentally the latter will also be the stores you will be able to haggle with, Coincidentally the latter will also be the stores you will avoid paying state sales tax with...................... seeing the pattern. It's all in the choices WE make.

Having $10K on the side at all times MAY seem like a brag but I promise you it is actually a tactic to save as much as possible at any point in time. For instance I was in the market for CDJ-2000Nexus's about 2 years ago. First one was found super cheap at guitar center due price matching, a coupon, & a gift card (in that order) and I ended up getting for just under $1750. They could only do one as the STRICTLY enforced the limit one per customer policy being I killed it with my haggling skills. This left me with the need for another. I just wen on my way with my 900's until the right price came along. Eventually I one day found myself at IDJNOW when the Pioneer sales Rep was there and to my surprise they let it go for just above cost with NO tax!!!! Any other day of the year I would have had to pay the iDJNOW premium and then be slapped WITH the tax. It was ONLY because I happened to have the cash readily available that I got it for that price.

I can't stress enough that each mans path is different and whatever works for you is fine and I would NEVER judge. I just like to pass my experiences (during my 16 years of DJing) on as if it helps one person it was worth it. I know it has helped a LOT more than one person though as that is exactly how I got y SZ for ash cheap as I did. I ended up getting money back by sending my store a ton of referrals. Between the DJM-900SRT, Rane 64, DDJ-SP1 & DDJ-SZ I sent them about 30 referrals so the time spent spreading the word was in no way a waste.

All good in the hood though. Not trying to be a pain or a nag. As a matter of fact if you do end up putting some money to the side let me know and I will direct you to an authorized dealer offering the price on WHATEVER you plan to buy in the future. As I tell anyone I deal with just PM me with what you are looking for and I will help out tin any way I can. The fact that you have a SZ at all though makes you cool in my book so keep on keepin' ON!!
Ragman 3:04 AM - 2 April, 2014
Dave actually the list price for the SZ is $2399. The MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is $1999. The MAP is set by Pioneer. So AMS and other authorized Pioneer dealers are not taking advantage of anyone. If an Authorized retailer do work a deal it's typically done under the table. But that could get them in trouble with Pioneer or other manufacturers. If it becomes habit Pio will pull the Authorization to sell their products. That's why mega stores like AMS and zZounds don't play around with it. They sell high volume so they won't take those risks with losing their Authorization.
Dj Youkai 3:06 AM - 2 April, 2014
Quote:
Dave actually the list price for the SZ is $2399. The MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is $1999. The MAP is set by Pioneer. So AMS and other authorized Pioneer dealers are not taking advantage of anyone. If an Authorized retailer do work a deal it's typically done under the table. But that could get them in trouble with Pioneer or other manufacturers. If it becomes habit Pio will pull the Authorization to sell their products. That's why mega stores like AMS and zZounds don't play around with it. They sell high volume so they won't take those risks with losing their Authorization.

+111111111
deejdave 4:14 AM - 2 April, 2014
You must be referring to the announcement page but pioneer has updated this and the MSRP of $1,999 can be found on the manufacturer's website (Pioneer) www.pioneerelectronics.com
It literally says "Suggested Price" and they are the manufacturer thus are the ones to set the MSRP and not Pulse over at Pioneer forums who is the one who wrote that page. If that was at one time a though of what the MSRP was going to be I doubt any retailer would ever dare charge that amount........................... especially now.

You are correct in that retailers are only to go so low without risking their license to sell Pioneer gear. Several users here have purchased the DDJ-SZ from Guitar Center (who outsells all the stores we mentioned) for $1750 and they have much more to lose than any of them although I am sure with their relationship (1 week early exclusive, etc.) & volume this would never happen anyways. My DJ shop brought the price down to $1749 and then made up the difference with a gift card so in reality they footed the bill and both of these lead to the magic number (lowest possible without violating any agreements) to be at or around $1749.

My store although authorized is very small compared to the rest so they pay much attention to the price they sell at but still come in under everyone else normally.
thorissr 9:44 PM - 2 April, 2014
Just wanted to say thanks guys for hipping me on the negotiating process, saving me $300 off the MSRP...$1700.00 before taxes!!

Thanks
deejdave 10:37 PM - 2 April, 2014
Wasn't too hard now was it?
thorissr 12:26 AM - 3 April, 2014
Sure wasn't deejdave...as a matter of fact it was so darn easy I thought I was dreaming when I got confirmation that they would let me buy it for $1700. Honestly I had no qualms with the MSRP to begin with, it was that I was a couple of $$$ short of their price and impatient which led me to ask my original question in this thread. Now that I know how to work it, I will try my best not to pay MSRP ever again.

My local dealer knows me well from all the $$$ I've spent in their store so that helped. Now looking back I'm wondering how much money I could've saved if I knew this beforehand.

Big thanks and kudos to you Dave!!! Without your comment/advice I wouldn't even had the nerve to try it.

Now back to learning this Beast(ddj sz). So far so good, I'm also elated that my cuts didn't take a hit at all like I thought they would coming from the NS7 MK II.
Dj Youkai 12:32 AM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
Just wanted to say thanks guys for hipping me on the negotiating process, saving me $300 off the MSRP...$1700.00 before taxes!!

Thanks

Soooo... you negotiated with AMS? to drop the price down to $1700?
deejdave 12:48 AM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Soooo... you negotiated with AMS? to drop the price down to $1700?

I am going to guess no. then again I haven't heard of anyone going with AMS unless they didn't have the cash except for the few here and some of them (The OP I know for certain) ended up canceling their pre-order and going elsewhere for a better price and faster shipping. Hopefully one of the individuals who ordered from AMS and responded earlier in this thread can let us know if AMS did offer any discounts.
Dj Youkai 12:54 AM - 3 April, 2014
Same Again wish there are Mods or Admins around. Not to be rude or anything but, what is this have to do with the topic? This thread is going off topic, now it's discussing Guitar Centers rather than AMS, and getting discounts from other places. Can we stay on topic? If not make another thread. Sorry again if I'm being rude or anything.. again.
thorissr 12:56 AM - 3 April, 2014
It was GC to be exact.
deejdave 12:58 AM - 3 April, 2014
OK Now that was a direct response to a question YOU asked. Everyone here has the right to discuss anything they want if it does pertain to the subject. AMS is a store. Guitar Center is a store.

Not to mention in the last post there was NOTHING BUT AMS mentioned.

Not sure how long you have been on these forums but this is how it goes.
deejdave 12:59 AM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
It was GC to be exact.

Careful with that off topic there!!!
Dj Youkai 1:07 AM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
OK Now that was a direct response to a question YOU asked. Everyone here has the right to discuss anything they want if it does pertain to the subject. AMS is a store. Guitar Center is a store.

Not to mention in the last post there was NOTHING BUT AMS mentioned.

Not sure how long you have been on these forums but this is how it goes.

As Far As I know The Topic Name is:
Anybody Pre-order the DDJ-SZ from American Music Supply? (2014 Edition)
Wer'e Talking About AMS not GC.. Two Different Stores. Don't know if you know about forum rules. But that's off topic.
deejdave 1:26 AM - 3 April, 2014
You think so huh Why don't you take a look at the 2013 edition................serato.com Welcome to the forums............

I see you are brand new here but if you think that these topics all stay 100% on point your in for quite the surprise. After learning from everyone else's mistakes last year it doesn't seem there are all that many who did order from AMS anyways or at least they are not posting about it. The thread last year was a beast that would not go away and if you want to be 100% literal than anything other than a yes or a no in their answer would be considered off topic as it does not pertain to the original question.

Lastly there are ONLY 4 rules that are actually enforced here: serato.com

- Be nice to others.
- Not pass yourself off as an employee of Serato, or an employee of any Serato business partner.
- Not post advertisements for any product or service.
- Not post any contact details.

LOL You would've been going crazy if you were involved in the post last year. Come to think of it I challenge you to browse through the few threads you have been involved with here and let me know if you find one that stays 100% on topic.
thorissr 1:27 AM - 3 April, 2014
Excuse me DJ Youkai, as I should have answered your question directly with a "NO". I will no longer contribute to this thread simply because I don't shop at "AMS".

I know of forum rules but for me to simply answer your question and go a little further as to only help is rather discouraging. However let me clarify... "It was GC (Gary Coleman) to be exact from "AMS".

Now that we have that out the way and back on topic....We have a name in my area for people who scream for the "po po" over minor BS. "A" "M"utha%$#% "S"nitch.....you get it AMS!!!!

Peace!!
Dj Youkai 1:35 AM - 3 April, 2014
I have nothing against Guitar Center or whatever places you bot your DDJ-SZ , Just being considerate for other new people in here that is looking for answers with the RIGHT topic. If you gonna post Deals on How to get your DDJ-SZ for less.. Then MAKE A NEW TOPIC that says that. Nothing to get all mad about. I'm new here yes. All your posts matters to me. I just don't want to get lost or confused in finding answers that is not in the topic. I figured her post that topic of a reason. He just asking info on AMS not other places, Shees.. sorry didn't mean to offend anyone here.
deejdave 1:36 AM - 3 April, 2014
LMAO. He's new here. Go easy on him. Not sure what forums he's from but apparently they do it different over there. Moral of the story is if you keep with this outlook you are going to get under a LOT of people's skin.
deejdave 1:37 AM - 3 April, 2014
No harm no foul though. Moving on. Moderator can probably go ahead and close this one too. It's all good. We're all friends here. phew!!!
Dj Youkai 1:40 AM - 3 April, 2014
I'm so sorry again guys. I didn't mean anything to offend anyone in here. I'm happy I'm and if I have some thing to help in this forum. I would do the same as you nice people in here. Again.. So sorry if I got people offended.
deejdave 1:45 AM - 3 April, 2014
It's all good. Nobody's perfect ............................. we just expect our DJ gear to be is all. Too much to ask?
Dj Youkai 1:50 AM - 3 April, 2014
No same here.. I'm actually glad you guys posted there's ways of get bargains. Just was confusing it will end up in here. Is there another topic made? I think it's a good topic.
But Nice to meet you all. I'm from Hawaii.. Aloha Everyone.
DJ Rukus Vibe 1:05 AM - 5 April, 2014
Turnin knobs and pushing buttons! LOL.Thats what my wife calls it. Happy I got it how I got it. Payment plan or straight cash. We are all in the game and doing our passion. Right? All that matters. You professionals...stay up!
Dj Youkai 6:51 PM - 5 April, 2014
+1
Nicholy 1:33 PM - 9 April, 2014
Back on track....I spoke with customer service yesterday. 109 units backordered, 140 on the way April 26.
jroc453 1:08 PM - 21 April, 2014
I ordered mine on Friday 4/18/14. I hope I get that shipment. And I hope the shipment that AMS is getting is the "fixed" updated ones. If you find out when yours ships please let me know. I just sold my DDJ-SX yesterday but have my Sixty Two and 1200's to get me by. I need to order a case ASAP!!
Nicholy 2:37 PM - 23 April, 2014
^if you call and ask for an update they will tell you where you are in the back order line and when they expect to ship it...AMS is showing 5/3/14 now for the backorder date, but that may be another shipment or the shipment timeframe slipped...
jroc453 2:43 PM - 23 April, 2014
This was an email from AMS with me asking an ETA...

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your email. The item, PIO DDJSZ, has become a very popular item and Pioneer is doing the best they can to keep up with demand. Currently we have over 100 on pre-order right now. Unfortunately we do not know where anybody is in line to get one. As we get them from Pioneer we ship them out accordingly. As of today, we are hoping to have a new shipment of these toward the beginning of May, however, depending on how many we get they will continue to be delayed. Let us know if there's anything more that we may help you with.

Thank You,

Valerie

AMS Customer Suppor
jroc453 3:06 PM - 23 April, 2014
But my main question is... This new shipment that they are getting... is this the fixed ones with the platter issue? I would think so.
Nicholy 3:30 PM - 23 April, 2014
Thats there standard answer, when I spoke to one CS Rep on the phone he gave me more specifics... as for if they are the fixed units... i would hope so..
jroc453 3:43 PM - 23 April, 2014
Thanks! I will give them a call and see if I made the cutoff on their shipment.
dj-freestyle 3:52 PM - 23 April, 2014
All units being shipped next month will be fixed. only stock remaining of bad ones is places who didnt return there stock as requested by pioneer.
DJ Baby Raj 3:58 PM - 23 April, 2014
I wonder if the new units will all be built in April ?
dj-freestyle 3:06 PM - 24 April, 2014
I think they will have just taken all the units and changed the chip and re-boxed. same build dates for some i bet.
dj-freestyle 3:07 PM - 24 April, 2014
I mean think about it all they have to do is slap a build date sticker of arpil and you have no clue when it was built. they arent just tossing all of them trust me.
jroc453 3:39 PM - 24 April, 2014
I just got off the phone with them, They have 190 coming to them. 148 that they have to fulfill. So they still have some available as of today. They said they are expecting them next week but who knows at this point. As long as mine works... I'm ok to wait.
VJ Justin Allen 3:49 PM - 24 April, 2014
I know another dealer who has 100 "coming". He has been told that "coming" means in late June.
dj-freestyle 4:45 PM - 24 April, 2014
Ya gc will get first batch as always and they expect midde or late may they have been told. The ones sent in for repairs are getting done now and some are shipping back so we will know soon if fixed work. guy in japan got his back today. waiting on word from him
jroc453 5:08 PM - 24 April, 2014
Late June :/ FML....
deejdave 5:14 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
Ya gc will get first batch as always and they expect midde or late may they have been told. The ones sent in for repairs are getting done now and some are shipping back so we will know soon if fixed work. guy in japan got his back today. waiting on word from him

I thought this only applied to the initial pre-order in which GC & Pioneer had an agreement.
Nicholy 5:14 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:

at least there will be cases available by then.. lmao
jroc453 5:20 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

This is true lol. But till then I have to lug around my 1200's to every gig.
dj-freestyle 5:28 PM - 24 April, 2014
Gc had to send some back so they will get first dibs since they get them early before anybody else anyway. kinda makes sense .
Nicholy 5:31 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I consider it part of my firtness program, and honeslty prefer the TT/62 anyway..
Nicholy 5:32 PM - 24 April, 2014
or fitness
jroc453 6:54 PM - 24 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I consider it part of my firtness program, and honeslty prefer the TT/62 anyway..

Ha! I agree! But there are def days when I just want to go light and simple and my DDJ SX was good for that. I love my 62/1200 coffin. I have been doing CrossFit for 3 years and that damn coffin hasn't gotten any lighter... And I love getting new gear so that also has something to do with me wanting to get mine asap. Normally I have to wait a week when I place an order online and that kills me. Now after hearing the end of June.... kinda sucks if you know what I mean. Not bitchin about it but it's so nice to walk into a store... buy it and walk out. I actually got my DDJ-SX a day early from GC when they released it. That was pretty cool. But couldn't use it because they didn't drop Serato DJ till the next day anyway. Don't know what was worse. But I feel for all the guys that got the first batch of SZ's because that had to suck to ship them back out.
dj-freestyle 7:13 PM - 24 April, 2014
People forget sx was screwed up to badly. i had one of first units from gc early and it was a mess. took a few firmware updates and stuff to fix and numark ns6 i got on day relased and platter issues to so its not unusual.
DJ Baby Raj 12:13 PM - 2 May, 2014
GC has updated their site to get them in 6/20 looks like due to Pioneer's recall... What about AMS?
jroc453 12:23 PM - 2 May, 2014
I'm sure its gonna be the same deal....
jroc453 12:31 PM - 2 May, 2014
I'm glad I canceled my order with AMS and got the open box from AGIPRO. I should get it today. Hopefully without the jog wheel problem, Even if it does have the problem I will still get it back from Pioneer before any retailers revive it. It's coming to my work and I will be able to test it without hooking it to my mac. If the one finger problem is there then I can call Pioneer to start the repair processes today.
Nicholy 12:59 PM - 2 May, 2014
tick tock tick tock....
Nicholy 5:00 PM - 6 May, 2014
Anyone hear any updates? I see the website slipped to 5/17
jroc453 5:11 PM - 6 May, 2014
per Guitar center.... Reserve Now! AVAILABLE 6/20/2014
D.J. Johnny G 5:28 PM - 6 May, 2014
I received a UPDATE of 5/16/2015 for delivery of my DDJ-SZ from AMS, but not holding my breath, jus Sayin!
jroc453 5:31 PM - 6 May, 2014
I don't thing anyone really knows right now. I'm sure it will be soon though. I shipped mine out to Pioneer today so I won't see it back for another 3 weeks myself. I only had it for two days :(
dj-freestyle 4:17 PM - 7 May, 2014
Amazing how random this all was. So many good ones and some bad ones. amazing.
Nicholy 5:49 PM - 27 May, 2014
Spoke to customer service today, they stated they are suppose to get a shipment today, but that dates has been pushed back 3 times already, so who knows......
Airyck 7:11 PM - 29 May, 2014
I'm in the same backorder cue, they seem backordered everywhere. Originally they had posted more coming in 05/24/14. Spoke with customer service and they said the shipment was delayed by Pioneer and that they were thinking that they may get them by the end of the week... it's Thursday, and my account still says backordered. Was hoping to have it for a 3 hour gig this weekend but alas... I'll have to use something less fun it looks like :/
D.J. Johnny G 9:30 PM - 29 May, 2014
Yup, waiting also like a lil kid waitng for Santa to come through the chimney! Except Santa is "Qbert", and the sack of presents will come in the form of a DDJ-SZ.... Jus Sayin!
deejdave 9:45 PM - 29 May, 2014
PSSL.com has them in stock & ready to ship www.pssl.com!dxyxunX8emlsjyC0paTYnQ!/Pioneer-DDJSZ-Serato-DJ-Professional-DJ-Controller?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=may14eb8-DDJSZInStock&utm_campaign=Nat
DJ Baby Raj 5:54 AM - 4 June, 2014
Any updates on AMS? GC still has them on backorder....
dj-freestyle 3:05 PM - 4 June, 2014
a lot of gcs have them . just call and ask. my gc pro called friday and had 2 so just call .
DJ Baby Raj 3:24 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
a lot of gcs have them . just call and ask. my gc pro called friday and had 2 so just call .

Spoke to my local one, said they don't have any.... That's weird..
dj vince davinci 3:46 PM - 4 June, 2014
I ordered mines back in early march and AMS kept giving me these different dates then finally they said that it had a recall and had to fix the a wheel issue, but finally I just got a FEDX Tracking number, can I get a "HELL YEAH" it will be here tomorrow
DJ Baby Raj 3:49 PM - 4 June, 2014
Quote:
I ordered mines back in early march and AMS kept giving me these different dates then finally they said that it had a recall and had to fix the a wheel issue, but finally I just got a FEDX Tracking number, can I get a "HELL YEAH" it will be here tomorrow

Good to hear the new batch is hitting US stores....
Nicholy 1:19 PM - 7 July, 2014
Ordered 4/7, recieved 7/5. I played on it a few hours yesterday with no noticable issues and build quality seems to be on point. Platters work as they should with no issues while scratching. Looking forward to getting some more time on it.
D.J. Johnny G 9:29 AM - 8 July, 2014
Yup, got my DDJ-SZ today, and with all the delays, like the song goes : "The Thrill Is Gone", and didn't even open the box yet!