DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Firm 2.14 Ser DJ1.6 Rane 62 does not sync BPM of song to effects...

wumpscut 5:28 PM - 5 February, 2014
Firm 2.14 Ser DJ1.6 Rane 62 does not sync BPM of song to effects...is this a firmware issue or software don't know but I can't believe you guys missed this or what??? I can't sit there and tap the tempo in every song in the heat of battle at a gig. please fix asap.
djdannyd 7:42 PM - 5 February, 2014
2.14 is not the latest firmware for the Rane Sixty Two. You need to update it, I believe 2.16 is the latest one.
wumpscut 8:58 PM - 5 February, 2014
Strange I just loaded it yesterday.
wumpscut 2:35 AM - 6 February, 2014
Mine shows that 2.14 is the latest.
gfella 6:12 AM - 6 February, 2014
Is the ducking echo fixed in this firmware?
ParisCreative 6:01 PM - 18 February, 2014
I am experiencing the same thing. :/
ekalb 4:45 AM - 20 February, 2014
Quote:
2.14 is not the latest firmware for the Rane Sixty Two. You need to update it, I believe 2.16 is the latest one.

Quote:
Mine shows that 2.14 is the latest.
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:59 PM - 5 March, 2014
This bpm sync issue has been fixed in the next update which will be available very soon:)
ParisCreative 1:41 PM - 4 April, 2014
Indeed it was fixed. :)
seboo 10:42 PM - 7 April, 2014
Same problem here...real waste of time entering the bpm every time.Especially with those awful buttons that are all broken now after just 1 year(my 62 is being repaired right now)and since I just installed 1,6.1 I hope all will be working when my mixer comes back..I love the 62 but it should be better constructed.Sometimes i wish serato had collaborated with Vestax.Cause they know how to make their mixers super tough.Just sayin'....
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:18 PM - 8 April, 2014
Seboo... the caps that are being put on your mixer will not break on you again.
Rane quality is above and beyond Vestax.. not to mention sound quality.. Just sayin:)
wumpscut 7:41 PM - 8 April, 2014
vestax is no where in the same league as Rane. I've been on the factory tour and Rane's quality control alone is the best I have ever seen, and, they in house engineer all their stuff so their attention to detail from the design level is incredible....Rane is just the real deal of a manufacturer and the best thing it is made in USA proudly. (and no I do not work for them nor am I affiliated in any way).
-DJ Atomic.
seboo 10:56 PM - 8 April, 2014
The facts speak for themselves guys.All broken in one year mixer at 2500 dollars is a first for me(dj for 30 years and used pretty much every scratch mixer ever made..)my Vestax mixers or any mixer designed in Japan never,ever broke down(and sounded great too..).If it was just me i would put it on bad luck but every dj I know using the 62 has had quality issues(dj IZOH,DMC world champ had the same complain last time I saw him)
I understand the issue is supposed to be resolved(my mixer comes back from Tokyo on saturday),so I'll find out then.
Let me say again that I do love that mixer for the all in one practicality(2 USB,vinyl,cd easy switching and pretty good effects)but there is no way quality building is even close to a Japanese mixer.Even the plastic skin on my knobs is coming off because of cheap glue..
Dj Sebastien a.k.a seboo
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:54 PM - 8 April, 2014
To each his own. I think all Vestax mixers sound like *ss and they definitely don't have robust magnetic faders that you could soak in Coca Cola.
Ask VCI users how the knobs, buttons, and sliders are doing on their units.

I will admit... the old caps are crap but to say that Vestax has better build quality than Rane products is just not true. Vestax makes all their stuff in China now FYI.
seboo 12:21 AM - 9 April, 2014
No they don't FYI .Either they make in Malaysia with Japanese supervisors or in japan for their top end mixers like the 007(the best ever made)But anyhow my I phone is made in China and nobody's complaining...
Rane cross fader is great,no worries but all cross faders are good now compared to the past.
seboo 1:08 AM - 9 April, 2014
VCI are crap allright .But we're not talking about that.We're in the high end mixer business...
wumpscut 1:11 AM - 9 April, 2014
In the heat of battle when all the chips are on the line ... I'd take Rane every time.
Detroitbootybass 4:55 PM - 9 April, 2014
Vestax made/makes entry-level and mid-grade mixers. They are a considerable step down (or more accurately, a few steps down) from Rane's level.
gfella 6:48 PM - 9 April, 2014
Quote:
Same problem here...real waste of time entering the bpm every time.

This is fixed now

Quote:

Especially with those awful buttons that are all broken now after just 1 year(my 62 is being repaired right now

The first batch 62 had problems with the buttons and were replaced with better ones.
I admit, it sucks when this happens but sometimes devices get broken, no matter what pricetag it has, this is no excuse offcourse but do you really think Rane wants mixers with broken buttons?
I think they do their best to help you get spinning again.
You can talk to Rane employees on this forum, what other manufacturer does that?
Pioneer? had a 909 for years, good mixer, but needed a new lcd after 1.5 years, so FYI japanese mixers get broken also;)
I have a rev.1 Sixty Two for a year now and have no complaints about its build quality.
It still feels like I got it from day 1.
Only the pots wobble a little bit, but so did my 56 which also had plastic pots and we all know how long this mixers lasts.

Quote:

Sometimes i wish serato had collaborated with Vestax.Cause they know how to make their mixers super tough.Just sayin'....

Nothing against Vestax here, they build good mixers for the money you pay and I owned Vestax mixers in the past, but Rane mixers are just a level higher.
If you got good studiomonitors ( not some elcheapo krk's) try and compare the Sixty Two vs another mixer and play different genres.
Maybe 1 or 2 other mixers are in the same league but certainly no other digital battlemixer.
At this moment I think the Sixty Two is without competition.
If it only was not so expensive;)
seboo 11:46 PM - 9 April, 2014
Agreed for the fact that the 62 has no competition, unfortunately .My point was that if Vestax had had the contract with serato in the fist place they would have built a tougher mixer I believe.Agreed as well that the forum and rane staff are on it for their customers.Japanese companies are not unless you know someone
Can't wait for my mixer to get back though! All fixed I hope...
Thanks to all of you for your inputs.
Detroitbootybass 3:54 PM - 10 April, 2014
Quote:
if Vestax had had the contract with serato in the fist place they would have built a tougher mixer I believe.

Companies, like people, either give 100% effort or they half-ass it. Vestax have never been fully committed to top-notch build/sound quality - and the same goes for their customer service*. Any hypothetical partnership wouldn't change the fact that the people running the company have never directed said entity to go beyond the call of duty for their customers.

*As I mentioned in another post, Vestax isn't a maker of crappy products, just those that hit somewhere in the middle of the road. They are pretty much in the median for all the manufacturers.
DJ Indiana Jones 9:00 PM - 10 April, 2014
vestax lol
seboo 10:41 PM - 10 April, 2014
You have not used the Vestax 007 obviously...sorry but cannot agree with you on quality and sound
Dj Bema 10:27 PM - 14 April, 2014
Update the firmware and do a rest by holding down pgm1 and pgm2 flex fx buttons... Should fix your issue
ekalb 7:50 AM - 19 April, 2014
Quote:
Update the firmware and do a rest by holding down pgm1 and pgm2 flex fx buttons... Should fix your issue

thanks DJ Bema that did help
Dj Bema 8:03 PM - 19 April, 2014
Glad to hear that
punchisdj 6:45 PM - 22 April, 2014
Quote:

this will work the same for the sixty eight ??
Dj Bema 10:21 PM - 22 April, 2014
Give it try